Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ever since I purchased my Palisade I have been beyond disappointed like many at the lack of functionality on the infotainment system. Because of my job I have access to names and phone numbers of executives from many companies. After many C-Level Executives from Hyundai ignoring me for quite some time I received a call from a Director in the Display and Navigations division. I do not know how much everyone wants to know but they say they make their design decisions based on a consumer group in Korea. That group thought presets in numerical order was a prefered method. The reason for lack of album art, numbers instead of logos in the presets for SiriusXM and many other options that most infotainment systems have in today's cars is they thought it would be safer not to have these features as having them would take your eye off the road. I would argue it does the opposite but that is why our radios are so bland.

The gentleman I spoke to said he agrees with everything I said. He stated North America does not get much say into these decisions but they are working on changing this. He guaranteed the April 2022 update will bring back presets in the order we choose and there might be a complete redesign but he would only commit to the presets changing.

I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes so if you have any other questions let me know.
Thank you for that information. I am extremely disappointed with my navigation and other functions. One for instance is I can no longer get Sirius XM traffic and weather which I really like. I can't tell you how many times I put in an address and it asked me to confirm the address and then says no network connection. Really frustrating when you're out of town. I have a 2021 Palisade limited and I'm seriously considering trading it in on a Ford Explorer where they're navigation and radio system works

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you for that information. I am extremely disappointed with my navigation and other functions. One for instance is I can no longer get Sirius XM traffic and weather which I really like. I can't tell you how many times I put in an address and it asked me to confirm the address and then says no network connection. Really frustrating when you're out of town. I have a 2021 Palisade limited and I'm seriously considering trading it in on a Ford Explorer where they're navigation and radio system works
I came from a 2020 Ford Explorer to the Palisade. My car was bought back by Ford under my state's Lemon Laws. It was my 3rd explorer and by far the worse car I ever owned. There have been 11 recalls on the 21's already. While I agree Ford Sync while flawed is completely superior to the Hyundai Navigation/Infotainment system but there are other problems that should scare you from the Explorer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I came from a 2020 Ford Explorer to the Palisade. My car was bought back by Ford under my state's Lemon Laws. It was my 3rd explorer and by far the worse car I ever owned. There have been 11 recalls on the 21's already. While I agree Ford Sync while flawed is completely superior to the Hyundai Navigation/Infotainment system but there are other problems that should scare you from the Explorer.
Thanks for that information I guess I'll just stay with my Palisade for the time being

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Updating your infotainment system will resolve the no network connection, more than likely.

Hyundai gets weather data via Blue Link as of 2020. It’s been pretty accurate. Better than what I had with XM on my older Hyundai.

Traffic comes from HD radio (and the internet when planning a route), not XM. This is because Hyundai has an agreement with a company called HERE that provides that data. I have seen the built-in nav re-route me because of traffic seamlessly. It doesn’t tell you that, but it does do it.

It’s unfortunate that the radio screen is as bad as it is, both design-wise and functionality-wise, but the rest of the Hyundai infotainment system is more than competitive with Ford or anyone else. They’re always ranked among the best out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Updating your infotainment system will resolve the no network connection, more than likely.

Hyundai gets weather data via Blue Link as of 2020. It’s been pretty accurate. Better than what I had with XM on my older Hyundai.

Traffic comes from HD radio (and the internet when planning a route), not XM. This is because Hyundai has an agreement with a company called HERE that provides that data. I have seen the built-in nav re-route me because of traffic seamlessly. It doesn’t tell you that, but it does do it.

It’s unfortunate that the radio screen is as bad as it is, both design-wise and functionality-wise, but the rest of the Hyundai infotainment system is more than competitive with Ford or anyone else. They’re always ranked among the best out there.
I found it too. Rerouting feature is much better than google maps. Traffic data is more accurate than any other service I used.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts