Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I purchased my Palisade I have been beyond disappointed like many at the lack of functionality on the infotainment system. Because of my job I have access to names and phone numbers of executives from many companies. After many C-Level Executives from Hyundai ignoring me for quite some time I received a call from a Director in the Display and Navigations division. I do not know how much everyone wants to know but they say they make their design decisions based on a consumer group in Korea. That group thought presets in numerical order was a prefered method. The reason for lack of album art, numbers instead of logos in the presets for SiriusXM and many other options that most infotainment systems have in today's cars is they thought it would be safer not to have these features as having them would take your eye off the road. I would argue it does the opposite but that is why our radios are so bland.

The gentleman I spoke to said he agrees with everything I said. He stated North America does not get much say into these decisions but they are working on changing this. He guaranteed the April 2022 update will bring back presets in the order we choose and there might be a complete redesign but he would only commit to the presets changing.

I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes so if you have any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to know it all. Maybe you could bullet list everything you learned. Thanks for sharing. I love posts like this with access to inside knowledge. In the early 2000's I befriended a Honda engineer exec and had a hay day.
There is now a whole lot to bullet list. Basically they know, at least this gentleman knows, the system is aesthetically bad and does not have some of the most basic functions most systems have. They claim a lot of these decisions were based on safety.There is no album art, logos for presets or song/artist notifications because if you have these things you are taking your eyes off the road. I argued not having these options actually made it more dangerous as it is harder to find what you are looking for therefore you are spending more time looking at the screen.

As far as the actual look and the numerical presets North America gets little or no say on this. There is a consumer group of hundreds of people basically making design decisions for all of Hyundai. I asked to join this consumer group but they politely declined my offer. 🤣

Based on our conversation I think there are some good changes coming that will add some of the most basic functionality to our infotainment system but I do not believe it will ever be feature rich like most radios are today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great info! I've been working with consumer affairs on the inability to turn off speed/red light camera alerts. Turns out that was removed with one of the previous updates. I asked how I can get that suggestion to them for addition into a future update, but got no response. Maybe your contact has a way for us to give suggestions for future updates?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think another one that people were looking forward to was the full screen of android auto that didnt come through...n its such a wastage of beautiful screen....
I asked about full screen Android Auto. All he would say is there are a thousand emails behind Infotainment UI complaining about Android Auto not being full screen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info! I've been working with consumer affairs on the inability to turn off speed/red light camera alerts. Turns out that was removed with one of the previous updates. I asked how I can get that suggestion to them for addition into a future update, but got no response. Maybe your contact has a way for us to give suggestions for future updates?
There is red light camera alerts on the navigation?

As far as getting suggestions for future updates there are two ways to go according to the gentleman I spoke to. Get on the consumer group in Korea which they already declined my request to join. 🤣 The other way is to be a huge pain in the a** like I was and email C-Level Executives over and over again. lol They told me all my emails are being used for future update suggestions. Doesn't mean they will listen but my never ending (Since has ended) emails got me to this guy.

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
147 Posts
Ever since I purchased my Palisade I have been beyond disappointed like many at the lack of functionality on the infotainment system. Because of my job I have access to names and phone numbers of executives from many companies. After many C-Level Executives from Hyundai ignoring me for quite some time I received a call from a Director in the Display and Navigations division. I do not know how much everyone wants to know but they say they make their design decisions based on a consumer group in Korea. That group thought presets in numerical order was a prefered method. The reason for lack of album art, numbers instead of logos in the presets for SiriusXM and many other options that most infotainment systems have in today's cars is they thought it would be safer not to have these features as having them would take your eye off the road. I would argue it does the opposite but that is why our radios are so bland.

The gentleman I spoke to said he agrees with everything I said. He stated North America does not get much say into these decisions but they are working on changing this. He guaranteed the April 2022 update will bring back presets in the order we choose and there might be a complete redesign but he would only commit to the presets changing.

I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes so if you have any other questions let me know.
This all sounds cool but I’m skeptical. In my experience ivory tower people tell you what you want to hear especially if your a people in the cog. The squeaky wheel gets a lot of BS.

That said I hope this holds some water.

As for album art, song name ECT - put it on the HUD - I’ve seen it appear once maybe twice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This all sounds cool but I’m skeptical. In my experience ivory tower people tell you what you want to hear especially if your a people in the cog. The squeaky wheel gets a lot of BS.

That said I hope this holds some water.

As for album art, song name ECT - put it on the HUD - I’ve seen it appear once maybe twice.
What Ivory tower? The only thing I am said was promised and I did believe is we will once again to choose how we order our presets.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
What Ivory tower? The only thing I am said was promised and I did believe is we will once again to choose how we order our presets.
Ivory towers being the place C-class executives reside. Just my rant - thank you for being so persistent with them. It’s great to have someone that can reach out and be heard. Thanks for your efforts. Again, just my rant - Have a good thanksgiving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ivory towers being the place C-class executives reside. Just my rant - thank you for being so persistent with them. It’s great to have someone that can reach out and be heard. Thanks for your efforts. Again, just my rant - Have a good thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you. The entire infotainment system is my only real complaint with the 22 Calligraphy. It is slow and clunky in just about all aspects. In comparison to my BMW and Ford systems, this one is very outdated. Maybe it's a glitch with mine, but I press the button to ask for something and it takes approximately 15 seconds for the system to ask what I want. I hope this is fixed, as I really want to love my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. The entire infotainment system is my only real complaint with the 22 Calligraphy. It is slow and clunky in just about all aspects. In comparison to my BMW and Ford systems, this one is very outdated. Maybe it's a glitch with mine, but I press the button to ask for something and it takes approximately 15 seconds for the system to ask what I want. I hope this is fixed, as I really want to love my car.
I came over from a Ford Explorer. While the Palisade is hands down a nicer SUV in my opinion but the infotainment system is completely inferior to Ford Sync which I did not think was great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came over from a Ford Explorer. While the Palisade is hands down a nicer SUV in my opinion but the infotainment system is completely inferior to Ford Sync which I did not think was great.
Agree!!! I've had the BMW system for the past 5 years, and it is amazing. Before that, I had Sync in my 2017 Edge. Wasn't nearly as good as the BMW system, but much better than the Palisade. Do you experience this long lag when using the voice command? I only know 2 people with the Palisade and neither use their voice commands enough to know if mine is a quirk in my car, or deficiency in the design.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree!!! I've had the BMW system for the past 5 years, and it is amazing. Before that, I had Sync in my 2017 Edge. Wasn't nearly as good as the BMW system, but much better than the Palisade. Do you experience this long lag when using the voice command? I only know 2 people with the Palisade and neither use their voice commands enough to know if mine is a quirk in my car, or deficiency in the design.
The only thing I use the voice commands for is making calls and yes it takes much longer then it did with my Ford Explorer.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I go with Apple CarPlay. No problems. GPS is Waze… music from my phone. Easy peaky .

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I had a 2013 MKz - it ran Microsoft’s sync software and was slow - anything is an improvement but yes I agree - the voice recognition is slow and takes time to respond - I find the same issues with other voice software as well though - I’m sure Siri is slightly faster when I use it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts