Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

If inside technology and outside safety features in a 3 row SUV is most important...

• I would Suggest another SUV

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find a video or a manual on the XM radio function in this SUV. Can anyone that owns this verify that the XM radio allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward the presets? Can anyone post a link to a YOUTUBE video that shows someone using the XM radio in the Palisade?
I have a RAM 1500 right now that seems to go over and above with the XM radio function and replay. Makes it so I would never need cds or MP3's. When you search for the UCONNECT video on RAM there are a few videos that actually show the pause and rewind features.
I did find the one with a Hyundai 8" screen that shows the pause and rewind function. With that, can anyone validate the lower SEL trim level with smaller display has the pause/rewind/replay function?

I also see USB plugs all over this vehicle. Can anyone validate these are a "quick charge" or 2.4 amp port or are they a generic 1 amp?

This link is the one I found that talks generic functions on XM in a Hyundai, but it states "varies by vehicle" Hyundai XM

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I cannot seem to find a video or a manual on the XM radio function in this SUV. Can anyone that owns this verify that the XM radio allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward the presets? Can anyone post a link to a YOUTUBE video that shows someone using the XM radio in the Palisade?
I have a RAM 1500 right now that seems to go over and above with the XM radio function and replay. Makes it so I would never need cds or MP3's. When you search for the UCONNECT video on RAM there are a few videos that actually show the pause and rewind features.
I did find the one with a Hyundai 8" screen that shows the pause and rewind function. With that, can anyone validate the lower SEL trim level with smaller display has the pause/rewind/replay function?

I also see USB plugs all over this vehicle. Can anyone validate these are a "quick charge" or 2.4 amp port or are they a generic 1 amp?

This link is the one I found that talks generic functions on XM in a Hyundai, but it states "varies by vehicle" Hyundai XM
Sirius/XM Radio is not available with the smaller display. You must have the SEL with the Drive Guidance package or the Limited to get Sirius/XM on the larger display (also gets you HD radio, Blue Link and navigation).

I have a Limited, but I don't use Sirius/XM, so I can only go by what the infotainment manual for the larger display says. It shows that you can pause and rewind. It also automatically buffers the first 10 XM channels you have saved as presets when you start the vehicle. The manual is available here (see page 3-8 to 3-11): https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/content/dam/hyundai/us/myhyundai/glovebox-manual/2020/palisade/2020 Palisade AVN-5 User's Manual.pdf

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Oh, and the front USB ports are 2.1A supposedly, but that comes from the price sheet, not the manual. No info on the rear ones.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, you can pause, fastforward, and rewind xm. I use it in mine all the time. (SEL w/ drive guidance)

There is no XM in the non limited/SEL with drive guidance vehicles

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone added the VAIS Sirius XM module to their Palisade ? Seems to be the only one that does not impact any of the factory electronics yet adds full capabilities of Sirius XM. I have a local electronic store that will procure and install for about $400, it is a $339 retail package so install price seems fair. Shame on me but thought my Palisade came with Sirius option -- did not think any vehicle sold today did not !

·
Registered
6 Posts

Good afternoon,

I have some great news about how you can keep your sirrusXM radio, even though this vehicle doesn't offer it directly. Follow these instructions and you will gain access without even buying any equipment at all. Here we go, first download the sirrusXM app to your phone, I have an Android cell and hopefully this function works the same on a iPhone. Next, turn on your vehicle and press the setup button on your dashboard display, then press on (Phone Projection) next, click the (Android Auto) and make sure that the check mark is within the box, which enable this function. Next, download the (Android Auto app) to your cellphone. Make sure when downloading this app, that you accept this app access to all of the permissions it asks for in order to download the app properly. Next, after the download is completed use your USB cable that fits your cellphone and plug it into the USB output located in your cupholder storage area to the top left. You must always plug your phone into this exact USB port in order for your phone to work directly through your radio itself and allows you to use your vehicle display screen and controls on your vehicle to navigate through sirrusXM, without you using the phone itself while driving. Now you will have direct access on your vehicle display to control sirrusXM, as if it was satellite. Next, click on (Setup) and then press (Phone Projection), next click on (Enable Apple CarPlay), now re-plug your USB cable to your vehicle USB port. Bluetooth will disconnect automatically when you connect to Apple CarPlay. Next, (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) icon will be enabled when an iPhone or Android phone is connected. Next, click on the (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) and you will be connected. Finally, make sure that you are logged into your sirrusXM app and press on the (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) and your sirrusXM radio will begin to play. Save your favorite sirrusXM radio stations to your sirrusXM app, this will allow your vehicle access to and display your favorite stations on your dashboard display and you can change it there, instead of using your phone. You dashboard will have the options for you to toggle up and down between channels. To go to your favorite on the dashboard, click on the arrow in the left top corner, then click (Favorites) and then click (Channels) and all of your favorites that you saved on your sirrusXM app will be displayed for your choice of desired preset station.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts