Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little over a month ago, I put down a deposit on a 2022 Sierra Burgundy Calligraphy AWD. I was thrilled because this was exactly the configuration I wanted, and the dealer is only charging MSRP plus a $300 doc fee - no added markup or additional fees.

Fast forward to today: My Palisade is set to be delivered in one week, so I asked for the full price sheet to triple check there would be no surprises when I went to make the purchase. The MSRP was a bit low. I came to find out, my salesman put the deposit on a FWD model. There was no burgundy AWD model available when I made the deposit and he completely missed that AWD is what I wanted.

They have no Calligraphy/Limited AWDs coming in any color combination we want (just black/black, not my thing) within the next few months. I have to get into a new car by February at the latest because we have a baby due in early March and our current vehicles are both 2-seaters. So, I don’t really have time to start over trying to find another dealer who will have what we want and sell it at MSRP or under.

Anyway, I guess we are going to take the FWD. We don’t have to have AWD since we live in Texas, but I wanted it. Just came here to vent my disappointment and frustration!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I feel sorry for your mixup. Being in Texas, you have geography working for you and won’t miss AWD. You will be saving some cash upfront and lot more in gas. Feature wise you are getting everything Calligraphy is to offer and at MSRP! Enjoy when it’s here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, in TX the AWD may be a bit more than you actually need. I could have had mine sooner if I wanted AWD but since I live in AZ and and dont head to the mountains in the winter we are fine.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
143 Posts
That sucks... but maybe it will work out a little better long term. Plus in 3 or 4 years when things are back to normal you can get the one you want.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy Graphite w/grey interior, FWD
12 Posts
Lived in Texas off and on many years, never need AWD or 4 wheel drive. Moved to northern Indiana, lots of snow! My wife’s car at the time was FWD and she never had a problem going anywhere. You won‘t miss the AWD and you’ll like the color you picked. Congratulations on your upcoming arrival, babies are cute and fun!!!

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD
8 Posts
Not what you want to hear but that error will buy a lot of diapers. The wife and I had a FWD Santa Fe for years and 150k miles before trading in for our palisade and the FWD never once let us down and we live in Oregon where snow and black ice are a thing. I promise you that if you are in Texas FWD should do you just fine. PLUS less parts to service later on (aka no rear differential).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts