Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Worth it??

8K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mr. P 
#1 ·
Hey ! We pick up our new palisade ultimate on Thursday. Super excited !! The dealership offered us an extended warranty covering 6 years all in or 120,000 km For an extra $3300 Canadian dollars.
In your experience, Is the extended warranty worth it ??

#2 ·
That seems very high. In US I purchased mine from Burlington Hyundai for 1699 US. Many feel that with the amount of new electronics the warranty is worthwhile at sub 2K US. I do not know if Burlingtion Hyundai can do anything for friends in Canada, kind of doubt it, but would ask.

#6 ·
Hey ! We pick up our new palisade ultimate on Thursday. Super excited !! The dealership offered us an extended warranty covering 6 years all in or 120,000 km For an extra $3300 Canadian dollars.
Have over 12,000 miles on our limited Hytrac with zero problems. The extended warranty on Hyundai and Kia products is, imho, not needed. Unlike the extended warranty on my Jaguar F type, for example. LOL.

#7 ·
I give you my experience with buying extended warranty on new vehicles. First the financial person that sells the extended warranty gets a big commission. Also new car warranty coverage bumper to bumper fo 5 years 60k miles. Also you can buy extended warranty later before new car warranty expires. Save your money now take a nice vacation enjoying your new vehicle. Congratulations on your new purchase.

#11 ·
Just keep in mind that the base warranty in Canada is far less than what folks get in the US. We just got our ultimate (in Canada) at the beginning of June and we added the 8 year / 160k warranty for $3,200 (dealership nocked $1,000 off the price on the website). For me with all the extra stuff on the vehicle it was worth it since I don't have to worry about anything but wear items for that 8 year window. That said, we had the minivan that we just sold for 12 years so we hold on to our cars for the long haul.

#14 ·
I bought one in the Minnesota for $3600 that is 15 yrs/ unlimited miles... sounds like a lot but at about $300/yr seems worth it

#17 ·
The Hyundai Extended Warranty is provided by Hyundai Protection Plan Inc. Which is a division of Hyundai Motor America.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.