Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Have you guys tried what was mentioned a few posts up? To disable auto-joining of WiFi networks like those provided by your providers, such as Xfinity, etc.? WiFi is required for wireless CarPlay so it would seem logical that joining another network would make the connection to the infotainment system drop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in Australia with a brand new MY21 i30 with wireless CarPlay and have had this issue. Ever since I turned off “ask to join networks” and “auto-join hotspot” I felt it’s a lot better. However disconnections still occasionally occur. My car has a customisable hardware “star” button which I’ve set it to “phone projection”, so every time this occurs now I just have to press the star button within seconds to get the Car Play connection back (I don’t even need to press the OK button on the disconnection notice).
Hopefully they truly fix this issue soon though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a 2021 SEL base package and this happens. Connects fine but then drops. Funny thing is if you go to the Home Screen and hit maps it comes back online. For sure a software problem with the car. No idea why they got rid of the usb route? Makes no sense.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade AWD SEL Conveince Pkg
4 Posts
We just got our 2021 palisade and we love it other than the wireless CarPlay. When we have it connected it will randomly stop playing music or whatever it’s doing and an error will come up on the screen and say something along the lines of phone is not responding. I can’t pinpoint what causes it but using google maps tends to make it happen more often. But it will still do it 4-5 times in a 20 minute trip. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I’m tempted to take the car back to the dealership and ask them to put the usb CarPlay connection in since it works flawlessly in my car.
I’m new to the group and new owner of a 2021 Palisade SEL. I was having problems with my IPhone 11 disconnecting from CarPlay. I search IPhone CarPlay Waze Disconnect Problem never included Palisade on the internet and found various recommendations on things to try. I finally downloaded the latest IOS update 14.3 and it appears it took care of my disconnect problem for both Waze and Google Map. Apparently the problem started when going from 13.x to 14.1. My IPhone 11 is only a couple of months old and had IOS 14.1 on it. Hopefully that will help some of you out.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Found the following on another forum. Apparently, it’s iOS 14’s fault and not the infotainment system. Here’s a Hyundai Canada paper in French stating that:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found the following on another forum. Apparently, it’s iOS 14’s fault and not the infotainment system. Here’s a Hyundai Canada paper in French stating that:

View attachment 2941
It's not Apple. Read this form the apple discussion forum. There is a software fix for KIA which fixes it. If KIA has a fix Hyundai does too

Wireless Carplay issues once moving to IOS 14, 14.0.1 and then 14.1 (No issue when I had IOS 13.7)
The update to fix this issue is finally available. Your dealerships should be able to download it to a thumb drive and do the update. Mine was done today and so far so good, I drove about 15 miles with Waze and Spotify running and had no disconnects. Fingers crossed. Here is a print screen that describes the update if the dealership is unaware and needs to find the bulletin.https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/da10e1a2-eafd-4118-a859-7f7ca84832ee

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's not Apple. Read this form the apple discussion forum. There is a software fix for KIA which fixes it. If KIA has a fix Hyundai does too

Wireless Carplay issues once moving to IOS 14, 14.0.1 and then 14.1 (No issue when I had IOS 13.7)
The update to fix this issue is finally available. Your dealerships should be able to download it to a thumb drive and do the update. Mine was done today and so far so good, I drove about 15 miles with Waze and Spotify running and had no disconnects. Fingers crossed. Here is a print screen that describes the update if the dealership is unaware and needs to find the bulletin.https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/da10e1a2-eafd-4118-a859-7f7ca84832ee
Interesting. Call Hyundai and show them this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in Australia with a brand new MY21 i30 with wireless CarPlay and have had this issue. Ever since I turned off “ask to join networks” and “auto-join hotspot” I felt it’s a lot better. However disconnections still occasionally occur. My car has a customisable hardware “star” button which I’ve set it to “phone projection”, so every time this occurs now I just have to press the star button within seconds to get the Car Play connection back (I don’t even need to press the OK button on the disconnection notice).
Hopefully they truly fix this issue soon though.
Exactly the same problem for me, Dimoss. Brand new MY21 i30 and it keeps cutting out. I've customised the star button, too, but it's so annoying having the maps and navigation drop out. My system also freaks out about 50m before a toll point. The whole system cuts out completely—no sound, no screen—and only comes back on about 50m after the toll point. And when I drive into the garage at work, the system does the same thing. This is the 9th i30 my family has owned (update them every couple of years), and we've never had a single problem until now. It's driving me insane. My car is in at the dealership for them to look at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah at least yours is getting looked at. I have no issues apart from wireless CarPlay, after the above advisory I called my dealer and they are aware of the issue so I’m guessing they have the fix. Earliest I can bring my car in is Feb 10 though they didn’t budge for an earlier appointment. So I’ll have to make do until then.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts