Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2021 Palisade SEL in Madison, WI and have the same issue. Disconnects every 30-190 seconds. We took it into the dealer and they advised they never heard of this problem and said to use the cord which didn’t work. Hopefully when the issue is fixed I’ll see the update on this page

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue. Tried it all. Dealer did a complete system reboot but problem continues. 2021 SEL with Apple iPhone 12pro. Does the same thing whether a direct connection or bluetooth. I'm guessing Hyundai is working on it as I'm sure we are not the only documented cases...

·
Registered
40 Posts
what trim level? we just got a 21 limited, and it does have the car play usb port inside the upper center console, which works fine. no wireless afaik. ¯\( ツ)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
what trim level? we just got a 21 limited, and it does have the car play usb port inside the upper center console, which works fine. no wireless afaik. ¯\( ツ)
Wireless CarPlay/AA is only on the non-navigation infotainment system for 2021 models.

And before anyone asks why or complains that it makes no sense, Hyundai is updating their infotainment systems to add wireless CP/AA but they can't update all of them at once. They have many different ones used around the world on all their cars. They'll get to all of them eventually. If this is a deal breaker for you, wait for a newer model or buy an aftermarket adapter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wireless CarPlay/AA is only on the non-navigation infotainment system for 2021 models.

And before anyone asks why or complains that it makes no sense, Hyundai is updating their infotainment systems to add wireless CP/AA but they can't update all of them at once. They have many different ones used around the world on all their cars. They'll get to all of them eventually. If this is a deal breaker for you, wait for a newer model or buy an aftermarket adapter.
Interesting. Yes sometimes these packages seem odd, but as for me, I'm not missing the wireless Carplay, especially considering the current issues with it. As primitive as it may seem, I think I can endure the extra drudgery of plugging a wire into my phone every time I drive. 😉

·
Registered
2021 SEL, White, Convenience Package, Factory Wireless CarPlay
9 Posts
I have an existing case open with the Hyundai corporate relations team for exactly this. My rep had me bring it to the dealership to check for a fix or software update, which of course there isn’t, but it was a necessary first step.

In the next day or so I’m supposed to hear back and have them open a ticket with the internal support team (or something like that). it all states when I DM’d Hyundai on Twitter. I told them that there’s pretty widespread reports on (this) forum.

I’d suggest everyone having this problem contact Hyundai customer relations so they can get a sense of how widespread it is. I don’t have faith that the dealer networks bubble feedback up the chain.

I’ll note that when my CarPlay disconnects it’s seems as though the phone and head unit are actually still connected as my audio doesn’t drop and I’m able to immediately reconnect. This feels like a software bug to me.

I also mentioned that the auto headlight/auto gauge dimming features is way too quick to trigger. I’ll have my headlight pop on while going under an overpass or in and out of shaded tree cover. As a result I’m flashing my headlights at the car in front of me. It’s so bad that I just leave my headlights in all the time. This also feels like a software fix to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this same issue. It's very frustrating. Every 30 seconds or so the connection drops when you are using the Wireless Connection. When I try to plug in the USB the only thing it does is charge the phone and does not connect the apple car play. The only way I can connect to apple car play is via wireless which the connect drops every 30 seconds.

I took a video so you can see what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/52zw34ok3jg
I am having this same issue. It's very frustrating. Every 30 seconds or so the connection drops when you are using the Wireless Connection. When I try to plug in the USB the only thing it does is charge the phone and does not connect the apple car play. The only way I can connect to apple car play is via wireless which the connect drops every 30 seconds.

I took a video so you can see what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/52zw34ok3jg
I got a 2021 sonata sel and I’m experiencing the exact same issue and a friend of mine got one and is having the same issue and it’s really frustrating because I use my navigation a lot and Waze and google maps drops the connection and the newer car with wireless apple CarPlay don’t give you an option to connect via usb andthe dealership and Hyundai customer care are sending me in circles!!!!!

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy
16 Posts
Yeah I have the 2021 Palisade Calligraphy and it still disconnects even with WIRED Apple CarPlay. Constantly disconnects and goes into Bluetooth and goes back to CarPlay back and forth. This is with original Apple cable. They changed the USB port and still same. My feeling is it has something to do with the low bandwidth or softwares issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up 2021 Venue SEL on Monday for my 23 year old daughter and drove 1200 miles to TX. Car Play continuously drops out and no way to connect through USB. Went to two Hyundai dealerships in San Antonio and neither had ever seen this problem.

Service manager and salepeople spent almost 2 hours using 5 different Iphone, XR, 11, 11pro, 12 pro and 6s with the most current ios 14.2 and could not make it work correctly. This is an extreme safety problem in a big city that you have to have maps. Already filed a complaint with Hyundai customer cares and trying to file with NHSTA. This the link. File an Online Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA I have found in the past that the NHSTA is the fatest way to make a point with a manufacture to fix a problem.

If they don't fix soon, someone is going to get hurt and they are not going to be able to sell any cars with this system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2021 SEL Palisade on Thursday and I'm having the same problems. It will connect (given a code on the display to match with my iPhone XR 14.2 iOS system), shows the map and play music for about 5 or 10 minutes then drops out. Then a message pops up saying I have no Bluetooth connection with any device. If I push the Home menu button, however, the CarPlay button is still showing. If I push it I'm back in CarPlay, but the blank out process repeats again after a few minutes. I called my sales guy today, and he said to call him on Monday to set up an appointment to bring the vehicle in to fix it. I have an extended warranty on this brand new Palisade too, so they have better fix it fast! I tried using CarPlay plugged into a USB, but it doesn't seem to work that way (just charging the phone). If this bug is fixed, it's will be a great feature to have in the 2021 SEL. Other than this, I'm really enjoying the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try to turn off auto join SpectrumWifi.
I turned off auto join Spectrum Wifi and erased Spectrum Wifi profile.
And tested drive 20 min, no drop carplay. I saw in internet Carplay is using wifi connected. (Only using bluetooth when start connecting) so I assumed if my phone wifi was connected to other network, carplay would be disconnected. I realized I’m using Spectrum wifi. After turn it off, no drop carplay anymore. I think AT&T also have similar service.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Try to turn off auto join SpectrumWifi.
I turned off auto join Spectrum Wifi and erased Spectrum Wifi profile.
And tested drive 20 min, no drop carplay. I saw in internet Carplay is using wifi connected. (Only using bluetooth when start connecting) so I assumed if my phone wifi was connected to other network, carplay would be disconnected. I realized I’m using Spectrum wifi. After turn it off, no drop carplay anymore. I think AT&T also have similar service.
That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll add to your list: if you’re a Comcast customer, you may auto-join their WiFi networks as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2021 SEL Palisade on Thursday and I'm having the same problems. It will connect (given a code on the display to match with my iPhone XR 14.2 iOS system), shows the map and play music for about 5 or 10 minutes then drops out. Then a message pops up saying I have no Bluetooth connection with any device. If I push the Home menu button, however, the CarPlay button is still showing. If I push it I'm back in CarPlay, but the blank out process repeats again after a few minutes. I called my sales guy today, and he said to call him on Monday to set up an appointment to bring the vehicle in to fix it. I have an extended warranty on this brand new Palisade too, so they have better fix it fast! I tried using CarPlay plugged into a USB, but it doesn't seem to work that way (just charging the phone). If this bug is fixed, it's will be a great feature to have in the 2021 SEL. Other than this, I'm really enjoying the vehicle.
Any luck with the dealership?

I went back to the dealership and had the sales manager use his Iphone 12max with the 14.3 ios and drive another 2021 and it did the same thing with the other car and his phone. They say they have not had any other complaints and they did not know that the usb does not work for carplay in cars with wireless. They tried three other 2021 cars of different models with wireless carplay and the USB did not work. Called Hyundai Customer cares and they are going to require my daughter to bring in the car for them to replicte the issue. If it does not do it with them the case will be closed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any luck with the dealership?

I went back to the dealership and had the sales manager use his Iphone 12max with the 14.3 ios and drive another 2021 and it did the same thing with the other car and his phone. They say they have not had any other complaints and they did not know that the usb does not work for carplay in cars with wireless. They tried three other 2021 cars of different models with wireless carplay and the USB did not work. Called Hyundai Customer cares and they are going to require my daughter to bring in the car for them to replicate the issue. If it does not do it with them the case will be closed.
I have an appointment with my dealership next Wednesday. They tried to tell me the same thing that no other people reporting this problem, but I cut them off. I'm a journalist by trade, so I quickly gave them the facts that many on this forum are reporting the same problem, along with 2021 SEL purchasers in a Facebook Palisade group I belong to. I also told them - before the could recommend it - that I've already spoken to and received case numbers from Hyundai and Apple. I did all that both customer service people said I need to do and the problem continues. Hyundai won't move on this unless all of us having this issue do our due diligence and report it and let them know that this issue is not an isolated one with one or two people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got our 2021 palisade and we love it other than the wireless CarPlay. When we have it connected it will randomly stop playing music or whatever it’s doing and an error will come up on the screen and say something along the lines of phone is not responding. I can’t pinpoint what causes it but using google maps tends to make it happen more often. But it will still do it 4-5 times in a 20 minute trip. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I’m tempted to take the car back to the dealership and ask them to put the usb CarPlay connection in since it works flawlessly in my car.
I have a 2021 Hyundai Venue SE and it willpop up several times and say “phone not responding” it will do it 5-10 times and then stop and do it again in a hour or so

·
Registered
6 Posts
So here’s the deal. I went and purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max last night. This has nothing to do with the wireless CarPlay problem I’ve been having, but this phone has 5G bandwidth. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it, but I connected the new phone on may way home and wireless CarPlay worked great! No drops at all. Going to test it in again soon, but it worked last night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So here’s the deal. I went and purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max last night. This has nothing to do with the wireless CarPlay problem I’ve been having, but this phone has 5G bandwidth. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it, but I connected the new phone on may way home and wireless CarPlay worked great! No drops at all. Going to test it in again soon, but it worked last night.
What is the IOS that it is using?

I rode with the salesman at Hyundai who used his 12 pro and it dropped out 5 times during a 15 minute drive. He had IOS14.3. Found a post on the KIA forum that a person still had 13.02 and never had a problem. Keep us updated and hope it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Elantra SEL and iPhone XS Max with the same issues stated above, but also my proximity charger isn’t working. I’m at a dealer in westley chapel Fl right now. We’ll see.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts