Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our 2021 palisade and we love it other than the wireless CarPlay. When we have it connected it will randomly stop playing music or whatever it’s doing and an error will come up on the screen and say something along the lines of phone is not responding. I can’t pinpoint what causes it but using google maps tends to make it happen more often. But it will still do it 4-5 times in a 20 minute trip. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I’m tempted to take the car back to the dealership and ask them to put the usb CarPlay connection in since it works flawlessly in my car.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
151 Posts
I don’t have the 2021, but I did buy the wireless Apple Car Play adapter from China for my 2020 Palisade.
It works really well, but there is definitely a limit to its bandwidth.

If you are streaming music, and navigation is turned on, it can end up buffering or causing pixelation on the Palisade’s display. A guaranteed repeatable fail for me is putting the nav system of choice in Satellite mode with music streaming.

Your error sounds different, but maybe it is along the same lines.

Try to reduce the bandwidth load of information being passed back and forth, and maybe you can narrow it down to a particular app or scenario.

Hopefully it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
We just got our 2021 palisade and we love it other than the wireless CarPlay. When we have it connected it will randomly stop playing music or whatever it’s doing and an error will come up on the screen and say something along the lines of phone is not responding. I can’t pinpoint what causes it but using google maps tends to make it happen more often. But it will still do it 4-5 times in a 20 minute trip. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I’m tempted to take the car back to the dealership and ask them to put the usb CarPlay connection in since it works flawlessly in my car.
Can't you just use CarPlay via the existing USB port? I know the 2021 has wireless CarPlay on the non-navigation models, but surely they kept the USB port and the ability to use CarPlay through it, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't you just use CarPlay via the existing USB port? I know the 2021 has wireless CarPlay on the non-navigation models, but surely they kept the USB port and the ability to use CarPlay through it, right?
Unfortunately it doesn’t unless it’s not working. There’s a USB port up front but it seems to only charge. The salesman told me that it should work via the usb when he first showed us the car but when I took it back the first time he said he didn’t realize that car had wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t have the 2021, but I did buy the wireless Apple Car Play adapter from China for my 2020 Palisade.
It works really well, but there is definitely a limit to its bandwidth.

If you are streaming music, and navigation is turned on, it can end up buffering or causing pixelation on the Palisade’s display. A guaranteed repeatable fail for me is putting the nav system of choice in Satellite mode with music streaming.

Your error sounds different, but maybe it is along the same lines.

Try to reduce the bandwidth load of information being passed back and forth, and maybe you can narrow it down to a particular app or scenario.

Hopefully it is an easy fix.
Thank you I’ll try that for now but I’m definitely going to take it in to see if there’s another solution. It’s annoying having to mess with the screen nonstop to make it somewhat functional lol but I’ll for sure try to limit to one app and see if that helps

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn’t unless it’s not working. There’s a USB port up front but it seems to only charge. The salesman told me that it should work via the usb when he first showed us the car but when I took it back the first time he said he didn’t realize that car had wireless CarPlay.
On your iPhone, go to Settings, General, CarPlay, Palisade then select "Forget This Car". Then try using CarPlay via USB again. Maybe that will help.

There may also be something in the car's settings that you need to do to forget your phone. I am not familiar with the 2021 infotainment system without nav, so I can't help there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On your iPhone, go to Settings, General, CarPlay, Palisade then select "Forget This Car". Then try using CarPlay via USB again. Maybe that will help.

There may also be something in the car's settings that you need to do to forget your phone. I am not familiar with the 2021 infotainment system without nav, so I can't help there.
Thank you I’ll try that. Our salesman said it wasn’t working because we had a cheap iPhone cable for the test drive so I went and bought an authentic Apple charger and still no luck and that was before we set it up to use wireless but hopefully this works

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
16 Posts
I have a 2020 so not sure if you can do wired or not but make sure you are using the correct USB port. There's only one that does data (CarPlay). It's the one in the upper center console next to the folding cup holders. The one in the lower center console is just power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2020 so not sure if you can do wired or not but make sure you are using the correct USB port. There's only one that does data (CarPlay). It's the one in the upper center console next to the folding cup holders. The one in the lower center console is just power.
I just checked and that USB port is the only one up front and it’s the one by the folding cups.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade
7 Posts
I am having this same issue. It's very frustrating. Every 30 seconds or so the connection drops when you are using the Wireless Connection. When I try to plug in the USB the only thing it does is charge the phone and does not connect the apple car play. The only way I can connect to apple car play is via wireless which the connect drops every 30 seconds.

I took a video so you can see what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/52zw34ok3jg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s awful! What phone are you using and OS? My wife and I have an iPhone 8plus running iOS 14.1. I have tried my moms iPhone 11 on a 45 minute drive and it didn’t disconnect a single time. I’m almost wondering if it’s from our iPhones being older.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade
7 Posts
It’s awful! What phone are you using and OS? My wife and I have an iPhone 8plus running iOS 14.1. I have tried my moms iPhone 11 on a 45 minute drive and it didn’t disconnect a single time. I’m almost wondering if it’s from our iPhones being older.
I am using the iPhone XR with IOS 14.1. I tried with an Andriod and the same thing happens. It's not the phone it's something with the software in the unit.

It's terrible. I want to take back the car. I called the service department for the dealership and they said that there are no updates available and they have never heard of the issue. That is when I found this site and noticed that others are having the same issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am using the iPhone XR with IOS 14.1. I tried with an Andriod and the same thing happens. It's not the phone it's something with the software in the unit.

It's terrible. I want to take back the car. I called the service department for the dealership and they said that there are no updates available and they have never heard of the issue. That is when I found this site and noticed that others are having the same issue.
they told me the same thing. No one knows anything about the wireless CarPlay and I’ve been sent in circles for weeks.It’s enough to slowly drive you crazy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your new car! We still love it other than this one issue! Who phone and iOS are you using? We have noticed our hasn’t disconnected quite as much once we upgraded our phones from iOS 14.0 to 14.1. It still happens but not near as much. I got a survey from Hyundai asking how we like our car so I’m going to make sure to put this issue in there hopefully you all do the same so maybe it can get fixed eventually or at least get an option for a wired connection

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this issue with anyone else? We just purchased a 2021 Hyundai Venue for an older family member. I am getting the same error every 5-10 minutes. I have tried an Iphone 6s, 8, 8+ and X and they all do the same. Dealer is clueless......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work at a Hyundai dealership in Slovakia, and about a month ago, when we received the first 2021 i20 with wireless carplay capabilities, it was the first thing I have tested. And sure enough, The phone keeps disconnecting

For those wondering, I´m using an iPhone XR 128gb running on IOS 14.2. On Carplay, only Waze and Spotify (podcasts) are running. Nothing particularly demanding. I have tried different combinations of apps (e.g. Apple maps, Google maps, PocketCasts, etc.) and none seemed to change anything, so I´m pretty certain this is not a bandwidth problem.

There currently seems to be no option to connect the phone to the car´s infotainment by cable.

Might be an error in the last few updates, or we might receive some sort of infotainment software update from Hyundai at some point.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts