Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just bought a 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy trim, in Canada. I saw lots of videos showing how to use a wireless Apple Car Play but I could not find the option.
Can anyone please guide.
thanks 馃檹
Copy of one of the videos :

Registered
Hi everyone

I just bought a 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy trim, in Canada. I saw lots of videos showing how to use a wireless Apple Car Play but I could not find the option.
Can anyone please guide.
thanks 馃檹

Because it's not available on the high-end infotainment system with navigation. It's only available on the low-end infotainment system without nav, as you can see in the video.

That low-end system was refreshed for model year 2021, which is why it has that technology. It didn't in 2020.

The high-end system is still a pretty new design and hasn't been refreshed by Hyundai yet. Eventually, it will likely get it as well, but not for 2021.

There are adapters you can buy on Amazon that can do that for you. Search this forum - it has been discussed extensively.

Registered
2021 Calligraphy Burgundy/Beige
Not nice Hyundai. Not nice at all.
I think all Calligraphy owners should call Hyundai and file the complaint. They must bring this with next SW upgrade

Registered
Not nice Hyundai. Not nice at all.
I think all Calligraphy owners should call Hyundai and file the complaint. They must bring this with next SW upgrade
This trim level wasn't advertised as having that feature. Hyundai made it pretty clear in their 2021 press release that only the non-nav system would get wireless CarPlay/AA. You have no grounds for a complaint because you weren't promised that feature.

You can tell them you wish they have updated all of them for 2021 if you want, but that's not going to change anything. They have multiple infotainment systems across all Hyundai/Kia models around the world to update. They can't do them all at once.

As to bringing this feature via software update, that assumes that the hardware can do it. Wireless CarPlay/AA requires WiFi, not just Bluetooth. There's no visible WiFi hardware in the user interface. There is an engineering mode to the high-end infotainment system that some people have managed to access on the Sonata (it uses the same system as the Palisade) which seems to indicate that a WiFi module might be present, but that doesn't mean it can or will be used for that.

Registered
Or you can resolve for $150.
I was confused when I was looking at maybe getting a 2021 model, but figured for $150 I could add that feature to the 2020 they dealer dropped $3400 once the 2021s were showing up. I still have not because my phone does not do wireless charging, so I need to plug it in and charge while driving anyway, maybe when I get a new phone I will get an airplay dongle.

Registered
Because it's not available on the high-end infotainment system with navigation. It's only available on the low-end infotainment system without nav, as you can see in the video.

That low-end system was refreshed for model year 2021, which is why it has that technology. It didn't in 2020.

The high-end system is still a pretty new design and hasn't been refreshed by Hyundai yet. Eventually, it will likely get it as well, but not for 2021.

There are adapters you can buy on Amazon that can do that for you. Search this forum - it has been discussed extensively.
It鈥檚 complete bullshit after spending all that money on a calligraphy it should do everything not just some things I paid good money for the top model and expected to have everything that the lower models have plus hi Hyundai needs to fix this or make it quite clear to customers when they spend the money for the calligraphy they don鈥檛 get the options in the lower models!

Registered
It鈥檚 complete bullshit after spending all that money on a calligraphy it should do everything not just some things I paid good money for the top model and expected to have everything that the lower models have plus hi Hyundai needs to fix this or make it quite clear to customers when they spend the money for the calligraphy they don鈥檛 get the options in the lower models!
It's already very clear. The Hyundai press release for model year 2021 made it very clear that only the low-end infotainment system was going to get wireless CarPlay/AA. The high-end one was never advertised as having that feature. You have no leg to stand on here. If you wanted that feature, you should have bought the lower end model or a different car.

And if you did your research, you'd know that this is not yet a very common feature on cars. Most have wired CP/AA, not wireless. BMW was the only one for the longest time. Now more manufacturers are rolling it out. Hyundai is starting to deploy it on 2021 models. The new Elantra will have it, and the non-nav system in the Palisade, as you've discovered. Hyundai has a lot of different models and infotainment systems they use worldwide. They can't just update all of them at once. And wireless CP/AA requires a hardware change as well since WiFi is required for that to work (Bluetooth doesn't offer sufficient bandwidth).

Registered
Hi everyone

Can anyone please guide.
thanks 馃檹

I own one and it works great.

Registered
Yes. You should absolutely complain that you didn't get something that was never advertised as your vehicle having when you purchased your vehicle 馃檮

Registered
It's already very clear. The Hyundai press release for model year 2021 made it very clear that only the low-end infotainment system was going to get wireless CarPlay/AA. The high-end one was never advertised as having that feature. You have no leg to stand on here. If you wanted that feature, you should have bought the lower end model or a different car.

And if you did your research, you'd know that this is not yet a very common feature on cars. Most have wired CP/AA, not wireless. BMW was the only one for the longest time. Now more manufacturers are rolling it out. Hyundai is starting to deploy it on 2021 models. The new Elantra will have it, and the non-nav system in the Palisade, as you've discovered. Hyundai has a lot of different models and infotainment systems they use worldwide. They can't just update all of them at once. And wireless CP/AA requires a hardware change as well since WiFi is required for that to work (Bluetooth doesn't offer sufficient bandwidth).
It's funny people just assume that the top trim levels are just the bottom trim level stuff plus more stuff. There are pros and cons to every trim level of vehicle, you gain stuff but also lose stuff. There are tradeoffs you need to research before you buy a car, compare all trim levels. We hated the ugly quilted nappa leather on the limited but liked the regular leather on the sel premium package but knew we would also lose AC seats. Trade off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts