Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
I am confused about whether the Apple CarPlay is wireless or not. I see in the manual that only wired connection is mentioned, nothing mentioned about wireless. But watch this video, it clearly shows wireless working. Does anyone have wireless CarPlay working?

configure wireless apple carplay palisade - Google Search
Your Palisade has wireless CarPlay if it is a 2021 model with the 8” infotainment display.

All 2020 models, and 2021 models with the 10.25” display, will continue to require a cable for CarPlay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then, there you have it! I have the 10.25 inch display. Odd that they would do one and not the other, thanks for your reply. Case solved!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Google carplay2air if you are interested in using CarPlay wirelessly. I have this device and it works great in my 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
214 Posts
Google carplay2air if you are interested in using CarPlay wirelessly. I have this device and it works great in my 2021.
I have the Apple version and works great too.

CPLAY2air adapter just $99 + FREE SHIPPING
Shipping was 5 days from China.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the CarLinkit 2 from Amazon and a 90 degree down angle USB extension cable. I ran the extension cable through the hole in the back behind the Qi charger and mounted mine on the top of the bottom cargo area, if that makes sense.

The device works as expected, but when I'm listening to SiriusXM via the car stereo and a text comes through, the Apple CarPlay will only flash for less then a second and most times I miss it even displaying. With a lightning cable plugged in, Apple CarPlay will show for 10 seconds or so. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
76 Posts
On earlier posts, CPlay2Air had some issues. Is it no longer the case, and working fine for all (or most)? I was thinking about getting one, but after reading earlier posts, decided not to get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am confused about whether the Apple CarPlay is wireless or not. I see in the manual that only wired connection is mentioned, nothing mentioned about wireless. But watch this video, it clearly shows wireless working. Does anyone have wireless CarPlay working?

I have a 2021 a Pallisade Limited and was also disappointed that CarPlay is not wireless. I researched the issue and purchased the item listed below from Amazon and it was an easy connection (once I went to YouTube as the provided directions are limited) and it works great with all three phones I have listed in Bluetooth. This particular unit mentioned 2021 models and one of the reviews mentioned it worked great with Kia so I assumed Hyundai would also be fine. I found the only USB port that works with the module is the port in the center console just above the wireless charging pad. The module is tiny and does not take up space and can be Velcro attached to the side wall keeping it out of the way. hope this is helpful.
Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB Dongle Carlinkit 2.0 for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2020 2021), Convert Wired to...

Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB Dongle Carlinkit 2.0 for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2020

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy. I purchased the CarlinKit 2.0 from Amazon earlier this week. I have a new Apple iPhone SE. Ready for an extended installation process, I took my car to a local parking lot (away from my home wifi signal) with a good cellphone signal. I turned off the car. I plugged in the CarlinKit 2.0 and started the car. Installation was fast and simple. I was up and running in a matter of minutes. Easy peasy :) P.S. - It also works using the built-in wireless charging in my car!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think Apple Carplay is great, but the built in NAV is one of the best. No need to have CP always connected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts