Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Agreed asking questions is smart. Only self important people slam others for asking questions. Those that choose to answer questions should do so because they enjoy it, not to give some one hard time because they think its obvious or because its been answered elsewhere.

Hey Secret tip number 22. Reap wiper fluid is only expelled when you push the wiper stalk away from you and towards the front winsdhield.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m laughing at this post right now, thinking that at least you thought about this question! We had a major snowstorm the day after I got my Palisade, so of course, I took it to the car wash as soon as possible to wash the salt off. All of the sudden, my wipers started going, and I thought, “Oh crap! I don’t even know how to shut these things off yet!” There was some frantic pulling of the windshield wiper control lever, let me tell you...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue since the car is turned off while you hand wash the car.

You're not taking it through an automated car wash, are you?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most of the time, I don’t, but it’s impossible to hand wash my car in the driveway at this time of year. How are the automatic touchless car washes different from the high pressure wands at the self serve car wash? Perhaps that info will sway me to change my winter habits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would never take it to an automatic wash with brushes, but my reasoning for the touchless automatic has always been that it washes the salt off of the undercarriage. Salt is a HUGE problem up here. But I hadn’t thought about the harshness of the chemicals used, since the one I go to is supposedly a “green” car wash at a reputable detailing business. I should do some investigating, I guess.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My wife learned the hard way on her previous CX-9 with auto-wipers to remember to turn off before a car wash. She also shuts the auto off for the entire winter after ruining the blades on a couple of pairs of wipers as they raked over hard ice on the windshield.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@Seriously i poured over the manual and looked on line. For my SEL only whip Antenna (not shark fin). But i don't trust that info. There are too many safety systems and too many car wash variations. *** Cnet has a pretty good generic primer for cars with automation.... Below, it warns to turn off safety systems. There really should be Car wash button in modern cars.... If you think of all the objects in a car wash etc. I would rather not take a chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question on the auto-wipers. Any time I've turned mine on (I have the Limited) it has functioned more like any other car I had, where you had low, medium, and high speeds for the intermittent wipers. I thought, when I was with the salesperson, that he said that the Limited came with rain sensing wipers. Am I missing something in being able to use that function? It'd be nice for those times when low intermittent is too much and manual is just a pain in the behind.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Question on the auto-wipers. Any time I've turned mine on (I have the Limited) it has functioned more like any other car I had, where you had low, medium, and high speeds for the intermittent wipers. I thought, when I was with the salesperson, that he said that the Limited came with rain sensing wipers. Am I missing something in being able to use that function? It'd be nice for those times when low intermittent is too much and manual is just a pain in the behind.
Look at your instrument cluster when you move the stalk that controls the wipers. It goes OFF -> AUTO -> INT -> LO -> HI (or similar). You want it on AUTO.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The auto setting does sense the degree of rain, however it's not at all perfect. The other day, in a very light rain, with the stalk in Auto mode the wipers were too fast. I don't see the point of the little lever switch on the stalk when it's the stalk position that controls everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts