Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the factory wiper blades don’t work that well when it rains? We’ve had our car for a month now and have been through a couple of rainy days but it’s like the blades are already worn when trying to clear the windshield.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve actually noted the opposite. My Palsade seems to have amazing wiper function(right now, anyway). I actually commented yesterday wondering what they’ve filled the washer reservoir with, as it is super effective. Perhaps you’ve got something on your windscreen that’s messing up the wipers? Did you get the car waxed or anything.? In the past, I have had excellent results using RainX, maybe it’s worth a try? Might be able to get a new set of blades out of your dealer, I suppose, but I for one do not share your experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the factory wiper blades don’t work that well when it rains? We’ve had our car for a month now and have been through a couple of rainy days but it’s like the blades are already worn when trying to clear the windshield.
Mine work great. I always use rainx like the previous commentator and agree that if your taking it to a car wash they spray wax all over the car including the windows. Wax can leave lots of smears.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was initially thinking it was maybe wax too as I’ve gone through some automatic car washes but our other car’s wiper blade works just fine after. Also, when I use the wiper blades when it’s not raining (after car wash, spraying washer fluid, etc), it seems to work fine.

When it rains though, the wipers create smears that make the windshield blotchy and difficult to see.

I just got some new wiper blades so hopefully it was just bad blades. Interesting side note - couldn’t find the Palisade under the wiper blade fit guide at the store as the car is still too new so had to look it up online while I was there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts