Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

It's time for me to start thinking about winter tires. I went to my dealership to get quotes for the set but didn't get a definitive answer and they didn't have Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 which I like. So, I decided to get them from Costco and them install them at the dealership (I hope this is possible).
I also want to pick up Alloy Wheels at Costco but not sure if they will fit (even though Costco "suggest them" by saying OEM Compatible).

Here are the specs:
Size: 18/8
Diameter: 18
Bolt Pattern (mm): 5x114.3
Offset (mm): 42
Centre Bore (mm): 67.1
Fixation Seat: Conical

Are these going to fit 2021 Calligraphy? I don't see any advantages of going with 20 rims (maybe I am wrong)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, dropping down a size to the 18’s For winter driving should not be a problem when purchasing from a reputable vendor such as Costco. In fact there are several advantages in addition to the lower price tires. Greater tire sidewall depth provides greater protection to the rims from the potholes and improved ride comfort. Slightly smaller footprint actually improves traction in slushy driving conditions.
When you purchase generic rims the vendor will be responsible to provide the appropriate hub centric ring adapter that ensures the rim fits snugly to the wheel hub. Without this adapter, significant vibration and potential loss of wheel will likely occur. if you choose the option of a non-OEM rim always double check that the installer installed the adapter rings. I personally know 3 people that almost lost their entire wheel because an installer forgot a ring.

i personally, in my 20 plus years of using the new generation of winter tires, have always purchased OEM exact fit rims and dropped one rim size.

if you do pursue a non OEM alloy rim, pick a style that has as much wheel coverage as possible. I have been in some vehicles where the “cool” thin ribs that expose more of the disk brake rotors will vibrate because of some frozen slush accumulation which causes an out of balance condition. For that reason I have always chosen the “ugly “ OEM steel rims for my winter driving.
Since you have purchased the top of the line model Palisade, I personally recommend you talk to your dealer about the Costco Blizzacks and purchase the Hyundai 18 inch rims. The safest and best looking option for a little extra money IMHO.
Hope this helps.,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 Calligraphy as well. I'm thinking of winter tires as well. The Hyundai parts guy advised that you should buy an aftermarket rim that is hub centric instead of lug centric. Here's some info explaining the difference. Why you need hub-centric rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a great deal on these exact fit 18 inch wheels and 245/60/18 Continental Vikingcontact 7. Ordered online and
should be getting them in the next few days. Came out to only 35$ more/wheel than plain old steel rims.Winters are long and hard in Quebec, at least the Palisade won't look like an ugly duckling from november to april :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a great deal on these exact fit 18 inch wheels and 245/60/18 Continental Vikingcontact 7. Ordered online and
should be getting them in the next few days. Came out to only 35$ more/wheel than plain old steel rims.Winters are long and hard in Quebec, at least the Palisade won't look like an ugly duckling from november to april :)
View attachment 2270
Looks good. Can you share the link?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good. Can you share the link?
Hi, for a reason I don't know, the online store has taken down every wheel they sell from their website.

The wheel model is Touren TF03
Got them at 134$ - 8% with an online coupon code.
So they come out to 127$ canadian $ each.
The online store is pneusarabais.com
Been buying from them for about 10 years for all my vehicles without problem. They allways seen to have the best price in Quebec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts