Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only fault i find with my 2020 Limited Palisade is that the wipers get stuck and stop working with snow buildup ... Heavy snow it's brutal and leftover ice buildup near the wipers seems to cause lots of issues. Doesn't it snow in South Korea? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep! I assume it was engineered to hide off the windshield for aerodynamics however that huge cavern is a PITA when it snows. I lifted the wipers due to freezing rain, then snow, the other day and it required the full cavern to be cleared in order for them to work again. I just dont understand why they will not work, period, if they cant properly reach the bottom resting/reset point. I am sure the answer is to park it in a garage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its been a crazy snowy season in Chicagoland. And yes, I hate when I leave the wipers on auto and they kick in when starting the car and then lock up until you clear all the snow. Its a real PITA

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
186 Posts
Its been a crazy snowy season in Chicagoland. And yes, I hate when I leave the wipers on auto and they kick in when starting the car and then lock up until you clear all the snow. Its a real PITA
Well it is not like you should not be clearing that area anyway.

One can be happy that they reset easily enough.

One can be happy that you can manually move them in this condition.

But one can also be disappointed that they don’t act like better snow plows in the morning.

I think bottom line is you have to clear and clean the “cavern” out to safely drive with max visibility as it is with most cars after ice and heavy snow. You either won’t have windshield wiper fluid or the wipers will not store properly, both presenting potential visibility hazards.

Don’t forget the tip to leave them in the up position. Turn off the car and then hold the switch in the mist position for about 5 seconds and the wipers will stay in the up position to clean the “caverns”! Or to make them easier to clean when you return to the car or wake in the morning.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So many articles about NOT leaving them up as it doesn't really do much and can actually damage your wipers due to wind and snow weight (because they aren't designed to be punished while up)... 🤔

·
Registered
186 Posts
So many articles about NOT leaving them up as it doesn't really do much and can actually damage your wipers due to wind and snow weight (because they aren't designed to be punished while up)... 🤔
Well I don’t think it solves sticking to the windshield, but it is a reminder to clean out their cave before starting the car.

Also having them in the down position in an ice storm causes them to act like a dam while the freezing is occurring, so you can end up with a major strip of ice sealing them to the windshield.

If you are lucky enough to remember the impending storm and you put them in the up position, then you can also flip them up vertical too before you walk away, so they don’t touch the windshield. A lot less ice and snow will accumulate on the actual wipers.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
93 Posts
Why not purchase a Windshield cover? E.g. Frost Guard etc...etc

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why not purchase a Windshield cover? E.g. Frost Guard etc...etc
I’d invest in a windshield washer fluid kit first. They even have the heated blades too.
I will just deal with it. I am in mid-Atlantic so it is already over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts