Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
Well the saga continues. My wife was driving the Palisade this morning and the windshield cracked again. Hoping to get it repaired instead of replaced this time. Fingers crossed. I love the Palisade, but this is extremely frustrating.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That was literally going to be my follow up question to all those that have had theirs replaced. Does it happen again? Sounds like even the replacement windshields are failing.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
That was literally going to be my follow up question to all those that have had theirs replaced. Does it happen again? Sounds like even the replacement windshields are failing.
This windshield is a factory replacement, not an aftermarket one, so I don't know if the aftermarket are any better. Safelite would only do factory glass due the sensors for lane keep etc that's housed in the rearview mirror assembly.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This windshield is a factory replacement, not an aftermarket one, so I don't know if the aftermarket are any better. Safelite would only do factory glass due the sensors for lane keep etc that's housed in the rearview mirror assembly.
That was also my suspicion.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
Update, The repair was a failure, the cracks spread while they were putting the epoxy on the chip.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
Can't believe you would accept anything less than a new windshield.
They do not guarantee the repair will be successful, and require a waiver to be signed before repair is attempted. It was a long shot from the beginning. I know how fragile the windshields are.

I had my first replacement window warrantied out as it was not sealed properly. That windshield shattered upon removal, and it had no existing damage other than not being sealed properly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any windshield with a camera that needs alignment for the safety systems should have full insurance coverage. Even more important if you have a heads up display. Windshields can get expensive in a hurry.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts