Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got hit by a piece of highway gravel and made a star crack about a quarter size. It was my second road trip to New Hampshire from Kentucky in the last six weeks, I guess my luck ran out. Some of the interstates In the northeast have parts that are just bad with rough patches hard to dodge them Going 70 mph.
I was fortunate that it was that small as I believe it can be repaired. The last windshield crack I had like this Was 20 yrs ago. I think they may be a little thin.
FYI : I Got 25-26.3 mpg on interstates going 72-80 mph.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Can't wait for a manufacturer to start making one of the front of hood bug and wind deflectors for the Palisade.
They can help stop some of the smaller stones from hitting the windshield.
The more vertical the windshield the more pieces of debris will hit it.
My last6 vehicle was a Genesis G90 and I had the windshield replaced two times in that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guyzzz ... new Palisade owner as of Monday, May 25, 2020. Tuesday, May 26, 2020 our windshield broke. Yaaaaay!

Rock hit it yesterday evening. By this morning there was an 18" crack.

Took it back to the dealer and informed them of the conversations here as well as Kia's acknowledgement of Telluride problem in November 2019.

They are fixing it on their own dime right now. They spoke to their local rep and reported the issue. I also submitted complaint via Hyundai's site. They said that's where the action happens. If enough consumer's report the issue then they'll take action.

Dealer said I was first of about 200 sold to report the cracking issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gee MarkRowan, I feel your pain. I had more than one day, but less then 700 miles on my Limited when the rock bounced off the windshield in the lower left just in front of the A pillar. Left a very small pit, but with no visible "star" effects. Was fortunate to get a mobile repair service to come to the residence next day and seal it before it got worse. Am hoping that I am done with this incident, but after reading this thread about how fragile windshields may be, I am going to watch it closely. The tech said he was going to try really hard to "save this windshield" as replacing it would be dealership item because of the calibration for the adaptive camera and other sensors.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
Had the windshield replaced with OEM glass on 5/20, followed that by going to the dealer to get the camera and sensors re-calibrated. Luckily it didn't need any re-calibration at that time. Fast forward to today, we had the glass company back out to fix the windshield due to it not being sealed properly the first time. They had to put a brand new windshield in because the new one cracked upon removal. I have not driven it yet to see if the system will need to be re-calibrated this time or not. Fingers crossed. This has certainly been an ordeal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my palisade on 4/25 and exactly one month and 1,600 miles later rock chip at the top of the windshield. Following morning when the sun came up I had over a foot long crack going down the windshield in a J shape towards the driver side. I contacted the dealership and was told it would be $2,108 to fix!! After seeing this forum and the class action lawsuit I contacted Hyundai Motors and filed a formal complaint. I also filed a complaint with NHTSA to get a recall started. All Hyundai said was that if enough people filed a complaint then they would investigate and work towards a recall. Very upsetting when you pay this much for a vehicle and already having issues a month later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I go through at least 2 windshields a year for the past decade driving on the Long Island Expressway. I'm so pissed that I already have a crack in my Palisade's windshield. I had high hopes that maybe, just maybe, I'd get lucky. Thankfully we have full glass coverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know about the class action lawsuit on the 2020 Telluride and 2020 Palisade for the windshields and how easy they crack? I’ve had my palisade for about 5 months and a couple of rocks hit my windshield and now there’s two 7 inch cracks and another half inch crack in my windshield. I’ve read that it can be pretty pricey to get replaced. Is Hyundai aware of this? And are they going to replace the windshields?
I’ve had mine less than 6 months I’ve had two cracks one was repairable one spread the next day and now have 14 inch crack. Also my driver side window leaks air

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
I'm waiting for some one to come out with a bug deflector that fits the front of hood.
The spacing between hood and front is tight, but my last one sat on the top edge of
hood had 5 stainless steel clips that went around front of hood to hold in place.
Not as good as the ones that go down in the grove but worked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know more infor in class action, I would actually just like for Hyundai to do the right thing and to recall the windshield and the drivers side whistling window so I can enjoy my new car to the fullest

·
Registered
821 Posts
Does anyone know more infor in class action, I would actually just like for Hyundai to do the right thing and to recall the windshield and the drivers side whistling window so I can enjoy my new car to the fullest
Recalls are highly unlikely since those are not safety issues. Call them and complain, get your dealership involved so it's on record, and consult a lemon law lawyer if it comes to that to get your money back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a crack in my Palisade windshield and had it replaced today by Safelite, Windshield cost was $428.75 with $370 for labor. Total cost $798.75. I paid $250 deductible. I submitted a claim on the class action site listed in a previous post.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
113 Posts
I got a crack in my Palisade windshield and had it replaced today by Safelite, Windshield cost was $428.75 with $370 for labor. Total cost $798.75. I paid $250 deductible. I submitted a claim on the class action site listed in a previous post.
What claim on which class action?
I saw someone filed a lawsuit a month or so ago but is it class action? I would imagine things like that would take time with bunch of hearings then a settlement. So just curious what you submitted and where.
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check out the post by Bkichu that is third post on this subject. He lists the link for the lawsuit on his post

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
113 Posts
Check out the post by Bkichu that is third post on this subject. He lists the link for the lawsuit on his post
Oh ok. Saw that. Looks like a law firm looking at potentially starting a class action and looking for owners with this issue.

Here is the info about the lawsuit that was recently filed. Hopefully that turns into a class action with some sort of a settlement for all affected owners

·
Registered
29 Posts
Joining the ranks. :eek: Bought my Limited in early May and now it's 2 months and 2000 miles. Was driving home on I-10 yesterday and had a rock hit the windshield. It didn't sound any louder than any other rock but I was going about 70 - it's Houston, we can't drive 55. :LOL: Flipped up the visor and sure enough, there was a spider crack about 3/4" total in the upper left corner. I looked throughout the windshield and no runners so I figured, ok, I'll just get it filled for $50 and call it a day. Nope, by the time I pulled into the driveway maybe 5 minutes later, I had a runner crack all the way to the middle of the windshield! WTH!!! I just paid $175 to have a ceramic coating film put on the inside of the windshield to block the UV rays and keep the car cooler. And it worked! It's Texas so there's a lot of heat to block. I'm calling the dealer today and complaining. There's no way I should have had a runner that long!

The camera calibration is for the upper trims, right? Is the sensor built into the glass in some way? Or bounces off the glass? I'm so mad. I do have glass coverage but this is absurd.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Doesn't matter if you are in Texas or Arizona, if you drive on Rt. 10,
you are going to get broken windshields.
Really dirty highway as we don't get enough rain to keep it cleaned off.
That's why we have glass coverage. Not sure what trim you have but
Make sure the insurance company pays to calibrate the camera's if you
have them.
I'm waiting for a company to come out with the hood mounted dirt and bug shields

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid an aftermarket company to install protective film on the front-facing paint but definitely didn't expect this.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
113 Posts
I am waiting to get ExoShield windshield protection film installed. The installer is waiting on a shipment from the mfr.

I want to avoid this issue and having to use insurance since I recently found out that even a few rockchip claims hurt your ability to get insurance with another provider.

With that said, the Palisade is my 3rd Hyundai since 2016 when I got the Tucson and the same issue was brought up then. In 4 years I had to replace the windshield once but I got an aftermarket one and not OEM. Like a month later the aftermarket glass got a crack...so you never know.

This leads me to believe that maybe windshields are not as strong overall and not just isolated to Palisade/Telluride. There's a class action suit against Subaru for same thing...

21 - 40 of 69 Posts