Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the class action lawsuit on the 2020 Telluride and 2020 Palisade for the windshields and how easy they crack? I’ve had my palisade for about 5 months and a couple of rocks hit my windshield and now there’s two 7 inch cracks and another half inch crack in my windshield. I’ve read that it can be pretty pricey to get replaced. Is Hyundai aware of this? And are they going to replace the windshields?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have not heard about this. Our last vehicle (a Mitsubishi Outlander) needed 3 windshields over a 2 year period. Insurance paid for them, but they were over $1600 each!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ambulance chaser " ...is currently investigating the 2020 Kia Telluride and its sister vehicle, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, for defective windshields that are easily prone to cracking. Multiple owners on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website and various Kia and Hyundai forums report windshields that crack very easily after being hit by small pebbles, or for no reason at all"
So class action lawyers now employ people to scour the forms and find a suit! SMH

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
That's why I have full glass coverage on my car insurance.
Here in Arizona all cars get cracked windshields from stone chips if
not taken care of when they happen. Yes a chip will turn into a crack
if not patched on any car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't hear about this but it's something I'm definitely going to start following. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok. I imagine it is pretty pricey for a replacement, especially if you have the camera in front for the lane keeping assist. Were you able to get it replaced for a decent price? Did a Hyundai dealer have to do it or was a 3rd party place like Safelite able to fix it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was able to get it fixed. I took it to safe lite. The overall cost was $722 but I used my insurance. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest.

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
I was able to get it fixed. I took it to safe lite. The overall cost was $722 but I used my insurance. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest.
I have a zero deductible for glass from Geico here in Arizona.
We always have loose stones on the highway

·
Registered
8 Posts
$722 is not bad for a windshield. My last two (on a Lexus and Tesla) were approx $1100. And USAA doesn’t (to my knowledge) have full glass coverage in California.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We heard about this a while ago and checked with Allstate, our insurance co. We have $100.00 deductible which we have only used one time in about 45 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know about the class action lawsuit on the 2020 Telluride and 2020 Palisade for the windshields and how easy they crack? I’ve had my palisade for about 5 months and a couple of rocks hit my windshield and now there’s two 7 inch cracks and another half inch crack in my windshield. I’ve read that it can be pretty pricey to get replaced. Is Hyundai aware of this? And are they going to replace the windshields?
I have the same issue. Small rock hit and made a 1 foot crack. I have never had a glass crack so easy.
Would love more information myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine cracked 2 weeks after I bought it in October. New windshield was $1600. I had to pay $500. Just this week another star crack. It’s expanding. Guess another windshield. Changed deductible to $50 for glass. Crazy 2 windshields in 5 months. Something is definitely not right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently happened to me as well. The initial hit was at the base of the windshield with the black tint so not noticed until one morning a large semi-circle crack appeared. I contacted Hyundai and they advised to have my dealer submit a "Pre-Approval" for a replacement as a goodwill request, but no luck. Contacted Hyundai again after the dealer approach didn't work. They called me back today and I mentioned the pro-active approach that Kia is taking and the number of instances mentioned here and on the NHTSA site. Something is definitely wrong, but again, it was denied. Kia's response makes me wish I'd chosen the Telluride which was the other car being considered. I'm going to submit a NHTSA report then go ahead and have it repaired with my insurance. I recommend that everyone report through Hyundai and NHTSA as well. If it gets traction they may eventually have a recall and way to submit a claim to get a refund. Keep all of your paperwork.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts