Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried lifting their wipers to wash under them or in the future to change them? Mine lift up about 1 inch and the arm hits the hood.. Not a big deal but WTH?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
Has anyone tried lifting their wipers to wash under them or in the future to change them? Mine lift up about 1 inch and the arm hits the hood.. Not a big deal but WTH?
It's in the manual in Ch 7 under maintenance on how to do it. But after shutting off the Pali and within 20 seconds, lift and hold up the Mist position and the wipers will rise to top position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in the manual in Ch 7 under maintenance on how to do it. But after shutting off the Pali and within 20 seconds, lift and hold up the Mist position and the wipers will rise to top position.
Thanks, Makes sense. Guess I need to spend more time in the OM, but I can only retain so much at a time…Thanks again,

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
74 Posts
Yeah I think it depends on brand because others recommend 24 and 19.
I haven't seen any manufacturer recommend 24 and 19. You'll find 26 and 20 is what comes OEM. Check auto parts stores, they all say 26 and 20.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
You should sent them an email and let them know they're wrong. If you put that size on, they'll work but reduce the rain clearance.
Just curious why the manual doesn't state. That always leads me to believe it's based on brand. But yeah, you would think 26" is 26" no matter the brand. I haven't had to replace mine yet but every other vehicle I definitely put them side by side to ensure they are same length.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just curious why the manual doesn't state. That always leads me to believe it's based on brand. But yeah, you would think 26" is 26" no matter the brand. I haven't had to replace mine yet but every other vehicle I definitely put them side by side to ensure they are same length.
I actually emailed RainX and they started a support ticket for some reason. Be funny if I get them to fix it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for contacting ITW Global Brands!

We here at Rain-X consistently work hard to provide customers the very best products at an affordable price. Even though we test fit and perform real-world testing on our wiper blades, there are a few rare occasions where our size recommendation does not match what the manufacturer recommends. The 2020 and 2021 Hyundai Palisade is one of the rare vehicles that we recommend a size different from the manufacterer. We tested a combination of wiper blades on the vehicle and found that the Rain-X wiper blade 24" and 19" outperforms the Rain-X 26" and 20" wiper blades.
So there you go. Rain-X says they use a smaller size on purpose.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
So there you go. Rain-X says they use a smaller size on purpose.
Well alrighty then. I checked AutoZone again and that appears to be the only one that recommends that size other than some heated blade. But I guess according to Rain-X, bigger isn't always better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well alrighty then. I checked AutoZone again and that appears to be the only one that recommends that size other than some heated blade. But I guess according to Rain-X, bigger isn't always better.
I would say that rain isn't the only thing we clean off of our windshields and I'd prefer to have the maximum area swept as opposed to maximum rain efficiency. And also I'm not a fan of Rain-X wiper blades. Love their washer fluid and glass cleaner though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts