Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 limited that does not appear to have any tinting (or very little) on the front windshield. I would like to add some tinting but wanted to know if that would adversely affect any hud, auto wipers etc. I’m new to this and would appreciate any info or comments. I live in the south and the sun is pretty strong. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Caligraphy Palisade AWD - White ext / Brown int
33 Posts
Got mine tinted, I live in Gulf Shores, no adverse effects. Remember the electronic "eye" and majority of safety systems are in the bumper area, versus the windshield (think Subarus).

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
Got mine tinted, I live in Gulf Shores, no adverse effects. Remember the electronic "eye" and majority of safety systems are in the bumper area, versus the windshield (think Subarus).
Actually you do have a camera at the top of the windshield and that IS the major player for LFA, LFA and FCA. I would not tint over that but then again tint should be applied on the inside and you can't see the camera since it's mounted towards the top where the rear view mirror is so shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have a HUD and do you see any difference?

My concern with tinting is these windshields are VERY fragile so maybe potential money down the drain. I've already replaced mine at less than 2000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Caligraphy Palisade AWD - White ext / Brown int
33 Posts
I have the HUD (Caligraphy Model) and it's as clear as a bell.
No issues with LFA, LFA and FCA.

·
Premium Member
Limited, Hyper White, Tan interior
33 Posts
I went with Autobahn Air Ceramic on the windshield of my 2020 Limited with no adverse effects. You are correct that there is little if any tinting on the OEM windshield. The infrared and ultraviolet ray rejection makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phlorida,
Thanks for your response. I don’t think I’ve ever had a vehicle without any tinting and it is noticeable. Hopefully I should have the ceramic tinting done in a week or so. The glare is harsh without some tinting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I personally have never had a front windshield tinted in any of my vehicles. How does the layer hold up against multiple cleanings? I have found the front windshield cleaning to be the least desirable of car detailing tasks. I have tried a few automotive glass cleaning products with each claiming great results however have gone back to vinegar and water with a little elbow grease. I would purchase the “best“ window tint products at the time for the other windows in the vehicle however was always very careful in cleaning them so as to not cause any damage.

I agree about the consensus of the views in this post regarding the lack of tinting on the Palisade. I noticed it right away, however I have found it to be less of of an issue for me than I anticipated. I have light sensitive eyes and wear transitions prescription eyeware most of the time for reading and light sensitivity. I thought I would be always reaching for my driving sunglasses however that has not been the case. I am surprised at how effective the filtering has been with the lack of tint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I’m just used to my previous cars that the front windshield has been tinted. My palisade has alot of glare even when I’m wearing polarized sunglasses. I feel that I would like it more with some tinting. When driving home it is directly west and the sun is brutal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i definitely understand. As I mentioned in my previous post I am also used to more tint in the front windshield. Even after 4 months of Palisade ownership I still notice the difference.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe I’m just used to my previous cars that the front windshield has been tinted. My palisade has alot of glare even when I’m wearing polarized sunglasses. I feel that I would like it more with some tinting. When driving home it is directly west and the sun is brutal.
Could just be the quality of glass as some have been reported to have issues and crack easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts