Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a Sun Screen that works best. From reading reviews, it seems like vendors spec too big a size. From measuring mine, I think this 59x29 ‘standard’ would work. Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!
98537224-CF8E-4BEF-A968-34F8E8D3429E.jpeg

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have used HeatShield on my last 3 vehicles and have nothing but good things to say about them:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear. We've only had it for a couple of days, so no experience yet. But thanks for the feedback. Take care.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Weathertech has sunscreens specifically made for the Palisade. I have them for the windshield, back window and all side windows. They fit perfect. They are a bit pricey but they work well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can also look into getting your whole windshield tinted with a ceramic tint that will block a lot of the UV light that will create heat in your car. Don't get me wrong, it's not a cure all but it's a lot easier than having to put those sunscreens up and down every time you park. I got all my windows done shortly after I bought it with ceramic tint all around. I got 35% on the front side windows and 70% everywhere else. All the rear windows are not tinted, they are dyed glass which is different than tint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Weathertech has sunscreens specifically made for the Palisade. I have them for the windshield, back window and all side windows. They fit perfect. They are a bit pricey but they work well.
Chuck do you find that you actually use the covers for all windows? I like the idea of the front windshield and side windows but adding it to every single window in the back seems like I'd be over that exercise quickly and they would just go unused. Looks like with Weathertech it's either you buy the front or you buy them all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It depends on the situation. While the covers are pretty easy to install, it does take about 5 minutes or so to install all of them (8 windows). Generally if we're just making a quick stop like a grocery store we don't install any of the covers. If we're going to be stopped for an hour or more we take the time to put in all the covers. If we're on a trip we usually leave the rear quarter windows and back door window covers installed while we're driving, then just put in the front door, front and back window covers when we stop. With the mirrors and side view cameras visibility isn't a problem. The Weathertech covers have a silver reflective side meant to be used in hot weather and a black side for use in cold weather to help keep the car warmer. I haven't used the covers in cold weather, but in hot weather they seem to help. There might also be a security bonus since no one can see inside the car with all the covers installed. For us it's pretty much install all of them or none of them, but overall I'm glad I got the full set.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have them rolled up together. The windshield cover has a velcro strap that keeps them rolled up. Generally we keep them in the garage, but if we know we're going somewhere where the car will be parked for an extended time we just throw the tube in the back. When we take a long trip we just throw them in with the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can always keep it in the storage compartment in the back. Being retired we don't have any kids to worry about, just myself, the wife and a couple of dogs. We haven't come close to filling the cargo area so we've always had plenty of room.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts