Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a failed $25 self tint project (anyone want a free driver's side pre-cut tint?) I had someone come to my house and tint the two front windows.

Went with 30% tint. He charged me $40. Not bad deal if you ask me!
I had him tint all windows of one of my other cars (the black one in the background) for $100 while he was there too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wow that’s a bargain! What tint film did he install? Any noticeable dust or lint under the film?
looks good. I’m considering getting the front windows tinted too but no way could I find that type of pricing around here.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That seems way too cheap to have been done with a high quality product, even if the install was perfect.

Were you just looking for aesthetics or for heat rejection as well?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks good. Let's see how it dries I guess. He uses ASWF Performer series. There is a warranty and he will fix anything I do notice. Said to give it 1-2 weeks to totally dry. I had seen some Groupon deals for about that same kind of prices at a few locations in Denver, the problem is those places are all like almost 2 hours from my house, and I was not sure what to do during the 2-3 hours they said it would take to install. I know calling those it was like $60 more for ceramic tint over the $40 groupon price, and I think being a SUV they charged another like $10 so it was $50 for the two windows.

I saw no lint or dirt at all with the Palisade. I noticed a couple dots and a dog hair on the back window of my older car. I don't care about that car as much - going to be my daughter's car.

I guess I was really just going for aesthetics more than heat rejection. Prefer when the windows are all about the same shade.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can only say that if you tint, make sure it's ceramic. Does a much better job of blocking the heat. A bit more expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. Just got my Palisade tinted. I had all windows tinted, except the front. All total, 7 windows. I had the 2-ply carbon, with a lifetime warranty. The cost was $322 total. I had it done at our local Tint World shop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you notice a drop in interior temps after the full tinting?
What color interior do you have?
Wish I could answer, but I am one of the folks that has not seen the sun for a while. We have way too much smoke from wildfires here and that may continue for a while. I have beige as I didn't love the black leather in other cars.

·
Registered
456 Posts
We finally got blue skies yesterday after a week of copper colored skies. Sigh. Bad stuff
Hope it clears for you soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you notice a drop in interior temps after the full tinting?
What color interior do you have?
I have the beige interior... sierra burgundy exterior. We don't drive that much due to covid. However, it does appear to be a bit cooler than before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts