Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just had my tinted. It was 70% on the windshield and 20% on the two front doors to match the rear doors. The lower the number the darker the tint or less light that is allowed to come through. The film was ceramic coated and the job cost was $190. I have had them to two other vehicles as well. It pays to pay more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I drove the Palisade 1300 miles after getting the tint job and noticed no impact on the heads up display either during the day or night and I spent hours driving in each.

·
Registered
245 Posts

With tint the side windows will appear lighter than the rear passenger windows after tinting due to the amount of light that comes in through the windshield. The front door and passenger door windows are
tinted to have the same shade of darknesss.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The goal of this tinting is primarily heat and sunlight reduction. A measure of privacy was a secondary concern. This tint on the front doors is right at the legal limit for the State of Alabama. Each State has it own standards. Most places in my experience will tint as dark as you want with the understanding that you alone face the consequences of that choice if stopped by law enforcement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks for the pictures, it looks great!
I'm looking at getting the same done to help preserve interior and leather seats too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had my tinted. It was 70% on the windshield and 20% on the two front doors to match the rear doors. The lower the number the darker the tint or less light that is allowed to come through. The film was ceramic coated and the job cost was $190. I have had them to two other vehicles as well. It pays to pay more.
Thanks, for the pics and info. I am thinking about having mine done in ceramic film too. Your pics helped me decide for the front windows and I'll go dark for the back ones and medium on rear. ✌

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you also planning to buy a seat conditioner to apply every so often?
Just had my Palisade's front windows tinted.I had the legal limit installed, ie. do not try to darken them to match the rear windows or else you will have real problems with visibility at night !. I have #35 installed on my Jaguar and have regretted it ever since due to loss of nighttime visibility. Tomorrow, I'm planning on having it removed and going to the lightest tint also. They all block about the same amount of heat.
Dark tints on the front side windows is a bad idea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I got mine tinted the shop told me my factory back ones were 30% and not 20%. Told me tinting the front 20 would look crazy. I paid way too much for the ceramic and did the back and the front to match. I have a black on black SEL so I was worried about the heat. Definitely helped with the heat but the seats are still hot as hell on hot days. I wished I went ahead and got the limited for the cooled seats. I can tell it works because I can feel the heat from the sun when the windows are down. When they up I barely feel it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts