Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an appointment today with the local Hyundai dealer for them to perform the TSB on my wind noise problem. [2020 limited] Dropped it off this am. At 4:30 this afternoon they called to tell me the TSB is for wind noise that is coming off the mirrors and mine is from the roof rails [i don't have cross bars] so they did nothing. Safe to say, I'm not a happy camper! When I got there to pick up the car I asked how they know the wind is from the roof rails as it sounds like it's coming from the window or top of the door. It was their opinion it's from the roof rails and there is nothing they can do. I told them if it's the roof rails why did the problem start only on the drivers side and now has progressed to the passenger side also. Also it is much worse from when I purchased the car one and a half years ago with 32,000 miles. Service manager told me he went with the Tech and took it out on the highway and the wind is no different than the 2021's on the lot. If that's the case, I have no idea who would buy one if their test drive is on the highway. During a strong cross wind mine actually sounds like my moon roof or a window is cracked open. Before I left I said I realize it's not an Audi, BMW or Mercedes but it did cost $50,000 and I would expect a new car not to sound like my window is down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd call Hyundai about your issue and about how the dealer handled it.
I forgot to mention in my post that I also told the service manager, if it's the roof rails making the wind sound, why does it help to turn on my recirculate fan to lesson the noise? He had no response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had mine done. Took them about 2 hours. They spray foam in mirrors and doors and adjusted the window. Wind noise is gone so far haven't drove in a windy cross wind yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I had an appointment today with the local Hyundai dealer for them to perform the TSB on my wind noise problem. [2020 limited] Dropped it off this am. At 4:30 this afternoon they called to tell me the TSB is for wind noise that is coming off the mirrors and mine is from the roof rails [i don't have cross bars] so they did nothing. Safe to say, I'm not a happy camper! When I got there to pick up the car I asked how they know the wind is from the roof rails as it sounds like it's coming from the window or top of the door. It was their opinion it's from the roof rails and there is nothing they can do. I told them if it's the roof rails why did the problem start only on the drivers side and now has progressed to the passenger side also. Also it is much worse from when I purchased the car one and a half years ago with 32,000 miles. Service manager told me he went with the Tech and took it out on the highway and the wind is no different than the 2021's on the lot. If that's the case, I have no idea who would buy one if their test drive is on the highway. During a strong cross wind mine actually sounds like my moon roof or a window is cracked open. Before I left I said I realize it's not an Audi, BMW or Mercedes but it did cost $50,000 and I would expect a new car not to sound like my window is down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts