Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The TSB didn’t show up for my VIN, however did ask them to check the driver side out. The service advisor contacted us and they said they could see some adjustment to door and seal that could help but wouldn't guarantee the fix as I had all sorts of after market weather stripping on. They would remove it for an extra cost but I declined and got another appointment next month to take it back in (I will remove the stripping on my own).
Why does your brand new car have aftermarket foam on it?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Took multiple trips and I think they finally fixed it today. The first time they said it was fixed (replaced door seal and adjusted the door) but soon after I picked the car, it was apparent It wasn’t fixed, in fact the whistling (very light whoosh noise to begin with) was occurring at speeds above 40 (earlier it was at 65) and more pronounced. Took it back in, the body shop tech went for the test drive with me and he was thorough, he said the door adjustment is fine but he could hear the swooshing around the driver window, rolled down the window, folded the mirror and that subdued the noise noticeably. When we went back to the shop, he briefed the service advisor (different one) of his findings — this advisor is aware of the TSB and they got me in today to apply it. Got the car back and it is significantly quieter. Did hear some cross wind at highway speed and I think it is working as designed. Will keep an eye ( or my ear 😀) on it.

Thanks to Eric and the forum for this TSB info, we mentioned it on day one to the service advisor but our VIN didn’t show up under the TSB but we kept persisting and this fix seems to be working.

Font Material property Number Parallel Electric blue

21 - 23 of 23 Posts