Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks Eric I was going to post it too. The fix is very interesting and different then the "original" fixes. My original Pali is no more, but I ended up with the notice regardless. My new Pali did not receive the notice and has no noise either.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got this done yesterday as part of a regular maintenance appointment. The appointment was made before I received the letter, so I just asked about it when I dropped it off and they happened to have the parts in stock.

I never had the wind noise problem on mine, so I'm not hearing any difference. But at least it's done.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Do you know if the work was done on both sides of the vehicle (I'd assume this is the case)? If it was done only on one side, do you know which side? Thanks.
If you look at the TSB that I linked in my first post, you'll see that there are 4 locations that can be reworked:
  • Inside belt molding (driver side)
  • Side mirror base pad (both sides)
  • Side mirror hole pad (both sides)
  • Glass run pad & clip (driver side)

That should answer your question as to which side gets what done.

Depending on when your vehicle was built, some of these reworks may not be needed. The relevant build dates are listed in the TSB.

My car is an early one, built in early July 2019, so I needed all 4 reworks. According to my invoice, they did all 4 and I clearly see part counts of 2 for the mirror reworks, and 1 for the rest. That confirmed that both mirrors get done, while only the driver side gets the other reworks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you look at the TSB that I linked in my first post, you'll see that there are 4 locations that can be reworked:
  • Inside belt molding (driver side)
  • Side mirror base pad (both sides)
  • Side mirror hole pad (both sides)
  • Glass run pad & clip (driver side)

That should answer your question as to which side gets what done.

Depending on when your vehicle was built, some of these reworks may not be needed. The relevant build dates are listed in the TSB.

My car is an early one, built in early July 2019, so I needed all 4 reworks. According to my invoice, they did all 4 and I clearly see part counts of 2 for the mirror reworks, and 1 for the rest. That confirmed that both mirrors get done, while only the driver side gets the other reworks.
I don't see anything on my letter or TSB bulletin you posted that states the passenger side mirror will be done as well. All of the complaints to Hyundai were in reference to the drivers side.:unsure:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't see anything on my letter or TSB bulletin you posted that states the passenger side mirror will be done as well. All of the complaints to Hyundai were in reference to the drivers side.:unsure:
There are a couple places in the TSB (pg 4 & 5) where it says repeat steps # - # on the opposite side. I read that as the procedures would be done to both driver and passenger side mirrors

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As the previous 2 posters have said, the TSB clearly states to repeat the 2 mirror reworks on the opposite side. It doesn’t for the other reworks.

And my invoice shows a quantity of 2 for the mirror parts.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mine is August 20 build and I am still waiting on this letter. Wondering if they have just a few VINs or all the vehicles within that date range are covered? I have an appointment next week and plan to bring this TSB to their attention.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The TSB didn’t show up for my VIN, however did ask them to check the driver side out. The service advisor contacted us and they said they could see some adjustment to door and seal that could help but wouldn't guarantee the fix as I had all sorts of after market weather stripping on. They would remove it for an extra cost but I declined and got another appointment next month to take it back in (I will remove the stripping on my own).

·
Registered
187 Posts
The TSB didn’t show up for my VIN, however did ask them to check the driver side out. The service advisor contacted us and they said they could see some adjustment to door and seal that could help but wouldn't guarantee the fix as I had all sorts of after market weather stripping on. They would remove it for an extra cost but I declined and got another appointment next month to take it back in (I will remove the stripping on my own).
Are you referring to the 3/8" foam rope that a lot of us installed? Or did you make other changes?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.