Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 1000 miles on my two week old AWD Limited with plenty of interstate miles and it’s really quiet no whistling or very noticeable noise that I’m reading about all over the forum. Did I get lucky or did they do a mfg fix later in production?

I know wind noise and did battle with Ford when I got a 2014 SHO with my driver’s side mirror being replace to fix it. But I’ve been impressed with how quiet it has been so far...fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Some have it, some don't. May have been fixed, may not. May come later, may not. There's a more recent procedure for adjusting the doors that has helped some people, so there's some reason to speculate that that's been applied to newer builds.

·
Registered
664 Posts
We know of one guy who had terrible wind buffeting that the dealer couldn't figure out so that car is being bought back by Hyundai (Lemon Law).

Plenty of us have wind complaints as you probably noticed. I had an intermittent light whistle which I have so far corrected using the foam insulation rope. Now I notice a soft buffeting at freeway speeds, but it's not terrible nor do I expect my Palisade to be "vault quiet." Using recirculation mode eliminates the buffeting so I'll just consider this a quick of the car.

As we all know and keep saying, ALL cars have their quirks and flaws.

A Lemon is an outlier so anyone that says the 2020 Palisades are terribly engineered is just spewing hate. I am no Hyundai Fan Boy. We all need to have realistic expectations about our cars regardless of how much we spent on it.

I hope you keep enjoying your Palisade and no wind noise issues crop up!

take care

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
We have no wind noise in ours, no whistling either. People who say theirs was manufactured after ours claim to have wind noise.
We test drove ours before purchase and drove on the highway with radio off, sounded great.
I guess I just don't understand when people buy an SUV without test driving, Then complain it had really bad wind noise from the day I bought it. Also some say it had really bad vibration from day one. Don't get me wrong I feel for those who purchased the Palisade and 1000's of miles later problems started.
But why would you buy the SUV if it had these really bad problems from the start?
I'm also not talking about the little bit of noise some experience off and on or when certain hvac selections are made.
I'm talking about the ones who say the noise is so bad I can't drive the car and it was that way when I got it.
True there is wind noise in some Palisades and sure hope they figure it out soon but why buy if things are that bad?
There are a good number with wind noise, just wonder what percentage of the total Palisades made this is. Seems a lot of people haven't complained about noise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a manufacturer date of January 2020. There was no noticeable win noise when I test drove the vehicle and for the first 500 or so miles. There is now some wind noise, although not the whistling or pressure issues that some have reported. When I'm on the highway, with speeds above 60 - 70 MPH and the radio off, it sounds faintly like a window is cracked. It doesn't bother me all that much, but it is loud enough that I would have noticed it even if I wasn't aware of the issue.

I have the sound proofing tubing that others have had a lot of success with, but haven't installed it yet. There are some great posts about it on the problems and issues form. The tubing can go both on the inside and outside channel of the windows (front driver's and passengers, and rear passengers too if you want). I'm waiting until after my first scheduled maintenance at 3.7k miles before installing it, just to see of Hyundai has any official fixes for it. Last I heard the TSB was still in "reminded" status, with no new updates other than "Hyundai is aware of the problem and is looking for a solution".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts