Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Planning to buy a Palisade Limited next week, the dealer has confirmed that the car will arrive from Korea.

Does anyone know if the Wind noise problem is solved in the new ones.

anyone bought a Palisade in Feb and share ur experience

·
Registered
441 Posts
They don’t all have noise regardless of date. Note some have Whistle vs Wind. Cars take awhile to travel from Korea, like 6 weeks. When they get to Hyundai US port anything they know about should be addressed there including minor options.

I would imagine by now they would have made sure to get it correct at Factory. Costs them money to fix after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All

Planning to buy a Palisade Limited next week, the dealer has confirmed that the car will arrive from Korea.

Does anyone know if the Wind noise problem is solved in the new ones.

anyone bought a Palisade in Feb and share ur experience
Purchased a Limited on 2/2/20, ridiculous wind noise above 60 mph. I also have extensive vibration/shake and it starts at ~32 mph when slowly accelerating or maintaining constant speed all the way to 70 mph. Trying to get it back to the dealer because this is the worst 500 miles I have ever put on a vehicle.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I meant to say as well no matter what car brand/model you buy take not only test drive in same model car but your
* specific exact car before you sign on the dotted line. The car your actually buying *
This is an often overlooked step. You may not catch everything that way but its good to make sure.

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
Purchased a Limited on 2/2/20, ridiculous wind noise above 60 mph. I also have extensive vibration/shake and it starts at ~32 mph when slowly accelerating or maintaining constant speed all the way to 70 mph. Trying to get it back to the dealer because this is the worst 500 miles I have ever put on a vehicle.
When was the palisade manufactured? That is a real question as it could have been manufactured way before you got it.
Mine was manufactured Nov.11,2019 and I got it in January. No vibrations and no wind noise for me so far.
White/beige AWD limited

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pick up my new limited awd today. Will be checking for all that before signing. Just off the truck Wednesday.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good luck. Good plan test drive “your car” before signing. Have had mine since Nov 2, manufactured July 15. Very happy as is wife.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car has a manufacture date of 12/26/19, so far no issues noted. I've only had it a week, but it has been driven on the highway a few times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When was the palisade manufactured? That is a real question as it could have been manufactured way before you got it.
Mine was manufactured Nov.11,2019 and I got it in January. No vibrations and no wind noise for me so far.
White/beige AWD limited
My Palisade was manufactured in December

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Good luck and enjoy the new Palisade.
Mine is free of the grips listed on here.
Ours has a very slight whistle at city speeds and the top of the drivers window is leaking air noticeably at hwy speeds but not terrible. They are familiar with the TSB for it and are fixing it next week. My wife's work is a 1/4 mile from the dealer so no big deal

·
Registered
780 Posts
They are familiar with the TSB for it and are fixing it next week.
You may find that doesn't happen. Lots of reports that Hyundai has suspended the TSB temporarily and isn't approving repairs based on it at the moment (with suggestions that they may be coming out with a more permanent fix).

·
Registered
3 Posts
At least ours is relatively minor. If they don't have an official fix but my brother is a mechanic by trade and has some temporary fixes in mind if I don't get resolution

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may find that doesn't happen. Lots of reports that Hyundai has suspended the TSB temporarily and isn't approving repairs based on it at the moment (with suggestions that they may be coming out with a more permanent fix).
Interesting. Took my Palisade to the dealership on 2/23 to address the wind noise per TSB 19-BD-010H. As you mentioned, they told me t Hyundai are no longer replacing parts under that TSB, and were telling dealers to 'notate' the issue instead. Not sure where that leaves us though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got the Palisade limited and noticed a high pitch whistle sound around the drivers door. Weird part is the car is in park. I did notice the noise goes away when the fan is off or when you open up any door or window. I believe it's the driver door seals. Dealer ordered both seals. Hopefully that takes care of it. Other than that I'm really happy with this truck.

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
I notice a whistle sound when I had the ac/heater vent on drivers side closed almost all the way and fan running.
Mine was from the vent and all I had to do was close vent all the way or open it a touch. That can happen with almost all cars

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried that and no difference to the sound. The sound is definitely coming from the left side of the drivers door. If you open any window or door sound goes away. If you push on the door from the inside the sound pitch changes. Almost sounds like a vacuum leak

1 - 20 of 21 Posts