Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah. Just saw your post history. Like I said, my issue is occasional and super mild and I was simply posting to help people here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread, I was going to post this in one of the existing threads about wind noise but when a search returned over 200 comments it was hard to know where to post it where most would see it, hence the new thread.

I took my Limited in for it's first service and told the service adviser it had the wind noise problem and gave him the TSB number. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I just finished a 500 mile round trip and the wind noise is gone. My wife wasn't even aware that anything had been done and she remarked that the car was much quieter. So it appears there is hope the problem can be solved.
What’s tab number

·
Registered
6 Posts
The thread is long, and at this point there might be more than one thread, but all the instructions have been listed
Thank you very much for the suggested fix. i tried the 3/8th foam roap fix on all 4 doors and it seems to have made quite a difference. The wind noise is not entirely gone but it is not deafening anymore that i cant hear someone on the phone. Just one quick follow up. How did you make sure the roap sticks? For me it keeps popping back up when i open the window and i prefer not to put any hard glue in there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It popped up only once on me early on. I made sure to use a plastic spudger and pushed the rope all the way to the bottom of the channel. I’ve had it in for a couple of months now and I have to roll my windows down a lot, and it hasn’t popped out since that one time.
One the back corner what we will call the B pillar, you can also use the spudger to jam the foam into the corner edge. On the passenger side when I jammed it in too much it created a whistle, but I readjusted it and it’s perfect now.

My key on the passenger side was really the front edge, what we will call the A pillar. The factory stuck a piece of open cell foam in this front edge as their attempt at curing the wind noise. On my passenger side I discovered I could still see a sizeable gap that the factory foam didn’t fill in. I took the 3/8” foam rope and jammed it into the hole, and voila, no more wind noise! (The B pillar whistling was caused by my own doing when I jammed the foam too much into the B pillar edge)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Again thanks a ton man!! Yes this 25 bucks on foam and spudger is going to go a long way. Shame that Hyundai cannot provide this simple fix to dial back the noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Again thanks a ton man!! Yes this 25 bucks on foam and spudger is going to go a long way. Shame that Hyundai cannot provide this simple fix to dial back the noise.
Oh man, bad news! That foam tube slid in to the door panel and probably fell in and won’t come out. Any insights in to what I can do? Or if it is going to cause any potential issues in the door? Remember that I had inserted the foam tape across the length of the channel of the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It popped up only once on me early on. I made sure to use a plastic spudger and pushed the rope all the way to the bottom of the channel. I’ve had it in for a couple of months now and I have to roll my windows down a lot, and it hasn’t popped out since that one time.
One the back corner what we will call the B pillar, you can also use the spudger to jam the foam into the corner edge. On the passenger side when I jammed it in too much it created a whistle, but I readjusted it and it’s perfect now.

My key on the passenger side was really the front edge, what we will call the A pillar. The factory stuck a piece of open cell foam in this front edge as their attempt at curing the wind noise. On my passenger side I discovered I could still see a sizeable gap that the factory foam didn’t fill in. I took the 3/8” foam rope and jammed it into the hole, and voila, no more wind noise! (The B pillar whistling was caused by my own doing when I jammed the foam too much into the B pillar edge)
I just posted another comment for you. Not sure if it got tagged.

·
Registered
630 Posts
ok, not sure how it siid into the door panel, but honestly I wouldn't worry about it if it were me. If you're concerned you could pop the door panel off if you know how.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok, not sure how it siid into the door panel, but honestly I wouldn't worry about it if it were me. If you're concerned you could pop the door panel off if you know how.
Thanks. I panicked. Quick follow up - was I suppose to put the foam across the entire door panel or just in the ends of pillar A and B?

·
Registered
152 Posts
My key on the passenger side was really the front edge, what we will call the A pillar. The factory stuck a piece of open cell foam in this front edge as their attempt at curing the wind noise.
I put it across the entire channel
On my passenger side I discovered I could still see a sizeable gap that the factory foam didn’t fill in. I took the 3/8” foam rope and jammed it into the hole, and voila, no more wind noise! (The B pillar whistling was caused by my own doing when I jammed the foam too much into the B pillar edge)
Ragetty1, Did you just add a short piece of 3/8" rope to the area where the factory foam is or did you run and new longer piece into the channel between the A and B pillars? And did the foam rope go on top of the small piece of factory foam or did you force it down into the area between the window and the foam piece? Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ragetty1, Did you just add a short piece of 3/8" rope to the area where the factory foam is or did you run and new longer piece into the channel between the A and B pillars? And did the foam rope go on top of the small piece of factory foam or did you force it down into the area between the window and the foam piece? Thanks!
I already had the 3/8 rope running the full length in the channel, and then I noticed the gap/hole that the factory foam square didn’t fill, so I then cut a small piece and stuffed it into the hole.
So I have both: a small 1inch piece stuffed into the actual hole and a full length in rge channel.

Since the foam sits inside the channel nobody can see it, but it’s not the prettiest fix in the world. It worked for me!

If I had to guess I think for my situation sealing the hole would have solved the whistle on my passenger side door since that’s what finally cured it.

Driver side door didn’t have the visible hole next to the factory foam piece. The whistle was cured once I put the full length of 3/8 rope in this window sweep channel (and ensuring the ends are snug on both the from and rear ends.

I think doing the full treatment of all the window seals has helped in reducing overall noise too. Since a full treatment pushes all the seals against the glass for a tighter seal it would make sense I suppose. (?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
On Monday I took my Palisade to the Hyundai Dealer where I purchased the car. I complained about the wind noise and gave them a copy of the TSB. The service manager told me they had no such complaints yet. So they check out the noise and told me it was within normal spec's..... This morning I went to another Hyundai Dealer and asked him to check the wind noise and gave him the TSB. After a road test they came back and said they had to order two "glass runs" and it would take 3-4 days to get the parts. Sure glad I learned about the TSB here and went for a second opinion. Just hope this will cure the wind noise............
Did this fix the wind noise with the roof open?

·
Registered
2 Posts
With four possible fixes, everyone's car will need to be evaluated and the proper fix (or fixes) applied. In my case they "put a pad under the left and right front door window trims". This specific change may or may not fix the problem in other cars, but it does show that the wind noise problem can be corrected.
what are the 4 Possible fixes?
what is the tsb number?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Havent really noticed the wind noise driving locally.
However on recent trip to Mammoth Mountain for skiing it sounded like my driver window was slightly open but it wasnt. I couldnt find an area where there was any air rushing in.
First night, there was a storm that dropped a foot of snow overnight. When I went to the car in the morning, it was obviously cold inside but the problem was there was frost on the inside of the driver window and on the windshield directly in front of driver. This tells me there is a seal issue as the cold wind blew into the car overnight. Terrible. Never had a car, new or old, with this problem. Ive been coming to the mountains for 40 years.
Have yet to bring to dealer due to COVID but Ill be headed up to Mammoth in April. Ill see if the issue repeats itself.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts