Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll offer this: If anyone is in the Bay Area and suffers from a wind whistle, and you would prefer to keep the car rather than Lemon it if your dealer can't fix it, I will help you install the fix that I am a few other owners have performed to cure our cars of the wind whistle. You buy the foam rope and I'll do the install if you can't figure out how to do it yourself.
I actually look forward to taking my car up to full freeway speeds with the HVAC in non-recirc mode just so I can appreciate the lack of having any wind whistle now! hahahahaah
Has anyone posted a thorough step by step on where to put the foam?

·
Registered
525 Posts
The thread is long, and at this point there might be more than one thread, but all the instructions have been listed

·
Registered
30 Posts
3/8" foam rope inserted into the interior window sweep. This rubber sweep/seal is visible when you roll the glass all the way down into the door. Look from the top and you'll see the "V shaped" channel sweep. I installed the foam rope into this channel.
make sure you install rope from end to end , b post to a post.
This is the rope:Trim-Lok Cord Stock Rubber Seal – EPDM Closed Cell Solid Foam Tubing – Ideal Door and Window Weather Seal for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Boats, and The Home – 0.38” Diameter, 25’ Length: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific or something similar.
I borrowed Most of this from an earlier post from Raggety1

·
Registered
30 Posts
maybe this is a better post

3/8" foam rope inserted into the interior window sweep. This rubber sweep/seal is visible when you roll the glass all the way down into the door. Look from the top and you'll see the "V shaped" channel sweep. I installed the foam rope into this channel.
make sure you install rope from end to end , b post to a post.
This is the rope:Trim-Lok Cord Stock Rubber Seal – EPDM Closed Cell Solid Foam Tubing – Ideal Door and Window Weather Seal for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Boats, and The Home – 0.38” Diameter, 25’ Length: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific or something similar.
I borrowed Most of this from an earlier post from Raggety1 From another forum.
my problem was a whistle from around the outside rear view mirror area driver side, passenger side was okay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine did that also ,but mine was the passenger side. dealer took off mirror to find the seal under it was damaged, put on new mirror ,no more whistle! new mirror would cost around 1200 to 1500 dollars if it was not covered by warranty.

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you didn't find it, please read this thread:

long thread but this could be what you need to cure your wind noise. I am ecstatic that I have solved my wind noise issue!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks all! I guess the next step is ordering the rope seal . Does anyone else have the wind noise sounding like it's more towards the top of the drivers door window near the B pillar? Mine isn't really loud, but noticeable in cross winds at highway speed. Turning on recirculation eliminates it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's not easy to pinpoint a sound so apply the full treatment of foam rope and see what that nets you. I thought I had a whistle at the passenger side B pillar base, but my son listened pinpointed the whistle to the A pillar near the front speaker. Turns out there was a small hole left where the dealer applied foam piece didn't completely seal off that gap. The two diameter foam insulation ropes are what I recommend and then do the full treatment. My car is even quieter now than it was before treatment when using Recirc Mode would eliminate any whistling. I think the foam rope insulation pushes the window seals tighter to the glass which can result in better wind sealing? You'll see what I'm talking about when you start installing the foam.
cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made a complaint via the customer service line and after being told that they couldn't do anything, I put that complaint in writing. I got a call back and that person told me that there was nothing more they could do. I said please escalate my case and a very nice woman called me back saying she was from the Lemon Law component of Hyundai and she would be putting in a claim for me. I said that's not what I had wanted - I just wanted it fixed, and she told me that was my next step. I said okay and then a few days later they told me they denied my claim and that they would not buy back the car. I said that was not what I really wanted anyway - can you tell me what the next steps are regarding the fix. She told me - and this is a quote: "It is Hyundai’s contention that your vehicle operates as designed. As a result Hyundai is not in a position to recommend any further repairs for this concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. If you disagree with our decision and would like an independent evaluation of your situation, the BBB Auto Line stands ready to assist you. The BBB Auto Line can be reached by calling 1-800-955-5100. Further details can be found in your owner’s handbook."

I said - so Hyundai is not planning on doing any other fixes for this problem?"

She replied: "That is correct, at this time there are no further repairs that can be made to the vehicle."

So - tough luck buddy basically.

I'll call the number above and see where that gets me.
I bought my Palisade and the wind whistle noise is really annoying for me, took the car to dealer 3 times and after days 30 that the car was at the dealer I filled out for a lemon law asking for repurchasing. To be honest I am very disappointed with the Palisade even it is very comfy and has tons of tech things.
Hello, like you I'm trying to get Hyundai to terminate my lease via lemon law now. I live in NY but would be curious if you make any headway and or have any additional insight. I'm sick of hearing "you just have to live with it for now". I have very little faith Hyundai will come up with a fix anytime soon. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be nice to know what they did as there are 4 different fixes in the TSB depending on the location of the noise source. Perhaps they stated what was done on the service sheets you must have been given.
I had my 2020 Palisade in a couple of times for the wind noise. The problem was finally fixed on both the front driver and passenger doors. In each case we experienced both wind noise and a high pitched whistle. The following is a description of the work performed to fixed the wind noise and whistle problem on the right front door: "Loose gap test drove vehicle and heard wind noise from RF door area. Remove RF door panel. Remove inside waist seal. Adjust window opening to 14mm and reassemble." The LF door was done on a pervious visit to the dealer and the same procedure was performed. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, like you I'm trying to get Hyundai to terminate my lease via lemon law now. I live in NY but would be curious if you make any headway and or have any additional insight. I'm sick of hearing "you just have to live with it for now". I have very little faith Hyundai will come up with a fix anytime soon. Thanks
Hello there, I filled out for a repurchasing process based on the state I am living at lemon law, no attorney , did it by myself they had no other choice than buy it back.
I’ll never buy a Palisade again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there, I filled out for a repurchasing process based on the state I am living at lemon law, no attorney , did it by myself they had no other choice than buy it back.
I’ll never buy a Palisade again.
Did you use the BBB Auto Line? Thanks

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I was working directly with Hyundai too but they denied my lemon law claim. I have been dealing with this issue since August and have taken the car to 3 different dealerships a total of 4 times.
Call a lemon law lawyer. Should be no cost to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was working directly with Hyundai too but they denied my lemon law claim. I have been dealing with this issue since August and have taken the car to 3 different dealerships a total of 4 times.
If your case fulfill your state lemon law they can’t deny your request if they do so you should tell them about law suit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hm, how do we know what’s normal wind noise vs excessive? First car in a long time so curious. Just got a limited and there is definitely no whistle noise- but I do hear wind. It could be that it is windy in the northeast, so I’m curious if there’s a good way to tell what’s normal? Thank you in advance!
You Will definitely know when it’s a problem. I purchased my palisade when they first came out and the noise was minimal at best I would give it a two and a rating of 10. Now that it’s been a year it’s progressively gotten worse and now that winter has said in it sounds as if the window is cracked. Now I feel it’s time for me to bring it in. In other words I wouldn’t sweat it unless it really bothers you

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
lemon law depends on what the State law is.
For instance in Arizona the Lemon law does not apply for
a leased vehicle, unless it was purposely Stated in the contract
when vehicle was purchased, Or hyundai agrees to it.
That is for all manufactures in Arizona on a lease not just
Hyundai.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts