Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hyundai has already admitted that a problem exists simply by publishing the TSB.
It doesn't matter how many times a small group of customers send them letters, they're never going to publish internal resource allocations. It's not a realistic ask.

If you want them to take notice, make it hurt by making them buy the vehicle back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread, I was going to post this in one of the existing threads about wind noise but when a search returned over 200 comments it was hard to know where to post it where most would see it, hence the new thread.

I took my Limited in for it's first service and told the service adviser it had the wind noise problem and gave him the TSB number. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I just finished a 500 mile round trip and the wind noise is gone. My wife wasn't even aware that anything had been done and she remarked that the car was much quieter. So it appears there is hope the problem can be solved.
What TSB number are you referring to. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
What TSB number are you referring to. Thanks
What does your invoice say they did? If it was work done on the original (and only wind noise) TSB the invoice should specify that and also list any parts that were replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After taking my Palisade to another dealer for a second opinion on the wind noise they ordered a pair of "Window Rails" per TSB. When they called me to inform me that the parts were in I was also told that the TSB had been canceled by Hyundai but still come in so they can install the parts. Well after the install they did not make any difference. After many months of annoying wind noise I finally send a complaint to Hyundai USA two weeks ago. About 30 minutes ago I received a call from a Hyundai Rep. who said that Hyundai Engineers in Korea are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. He also said Hyundai had received many complaints from other Palisade Owners and that Hyundai wants to get this fixed right. He said when they get a fix they would either call or email me direct or the dealer would contact me. Well at least I now know there is a problem and they are working on a fix. Has anyone else sent a formal complaint to Hyundai USA and got a phone call back?

·
Registered
100 Posts
They have been saying that for months, it's a canned response, being realistic (somewhat) I don't believe that there will be a fix for out existing vehicles, they "might" be able to fix it for an upcoming model but not ours...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had very minimal wind noise on mine, particularly only during strong cross winds. When I had it in for the last oil change, I brought it up. They replaced a seal (that had an unrelated tear) and then performed the latest door adjustment procedure. It's now very quiet, even in strong cross winds.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I filed a complaint and not only did I get a phone call from the Hyundai representative but he also set up an appointment at my local dealer and once they had the car he coordinated with the service adviser and got their tech in touch with their tech support line. Both the Hyundai representative as well as my local service advisor have been very supportive through this process. While I wish the wind noise was less they were successful in eliminating a very annoying whistle. In addition to the TSB that they did before it was suspended the service record says they adjusted the "top inner sheet metal to glass gap". The spec is 14mm, mine measured 17.5mm. In the end I told them I considered the whistle to be resolved, but there was still excessive wind noise. In the end I was told the same thing many of us here have heard - Hyundai is aware of the problem and diligently working on a solution. While I am happy with my dealer and the Hyundai customer service rep I'm still a bit skeptical at this point.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got back from my first oil change and while I was there I asked them what Had they done on my previous visit to fix the wind noise whistle . Their answer was to adjust the door and to readjust what sounded like the Track window regulator.In any case the wind noise is totally gone

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't matter how many times a small group of customers send them letters, they're never going to publish internal resource allocations. It's not a realistic ask.

If you want them to take notice, make it hurt by making them buy the vehicle back.
I made a complaint via the customer service line and after being told that they couldn't do anything, I put that complaint in writing. I got a call back and that person told me that there was nothing more they could do. I said please escalate my case and a very nice woman called me back saying she was from the Lemon Law component of Hyundai and she would be putting in a claim for me. I said that's not what I had wanted - I just wanted it fixed, and she told me that was my next step. I said okay and then a few days later they told me they denied my claim and that they would not buy back the car. I said that was not what I really wanted anyway - can you tell me what the next steps are regarding the fix. She told me - and this is a quote: "It is Hyundai’s contention that your vehicle operates as designed. As a result Hyundai is not in a position to recommend any further repairs for this concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. If you disagree with our decision and would like an independent evaluation of your situation, the BBB Auto Line stands ready to assist you. The BBB Auto Line can be reached by calling 1-800-955-5100. Further details can be found in your owner’s handbook."

I said - so Hyundai is not planning on doing any other fixes for this problem?"

She replied: "That is correct, at this time there are no further repairs that can be made to the vehicle."

So - tough luck buddy basically.

I'll call the number above and see where that gets me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Further to my last note - I sent this note to Hyundai Corporate, specifically to the following people. If anyone is interested in copying the content (and editing it to fit your needs, please), feel free. In fact, I urge you to send a similar email. Maybe getting direct communication to their heads of customer service from drivers of their newest vehicles might help.

This below email was sent to:

Omar Rivera
Director of Quality and Service Engineering, Hyundai Motor America
10550 Talbert Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 965-3000
[email protected]

Barry Ratzlaff
Vice President, Customer Satisfaction, Hyundai Motor America
10550 Talbert Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92728-0850
[email protected]

EMAIL THAT WAS SENT

"Dear Mr. Rivera and Mr. Ratzlaff:

Good morning.

I am the owner of a 2020 Hyundai Palisade that I leased in January of this year. As you are probably aware, there is a wind noise problem in some of these vehicles. I recently had my car into the dealership three times for a repair of this problem and the problem remains.

I reached out to customer service at the behest of my dealership and was told that the TSBs were done on the vehicle and that there was nothing more they could do to repair the problem. I told them that I didn't think that was a satisfactory answer after spending close to $40K on a new vehicle and asked that they push this case to a case manager.

They did so and I received a prompt call back from Consumer Affairs (case# 17158906). Darlene was very nice and she told me that she would file a lemon law claim for me - which is not what I had originally asked for. I just wanted the wind noise to go away. She said she would process the request and called back a few days later to tell me that "It is Hyundai’s contention that your vehicle operates as designed. As a result Hyundai is not in a position to recommend any further repairs for this concern."

I replied that I didn't think that it was fair that I had to drive a vehicle that sounded like the window was open when it went over 40mph, and she told me that "at this time there are no further repairs that could be done to the vehicle."

She told me I could reach out to the BBB Auto line for assistance if I wanted an independent review.

I'm reaching out to you instead so maybe you could help me understand why Hyundai and Kia would want unhappy drivers in some of their pricest SUVs. This problem exists across the board and is complained about on all of the boards and is well-known by the dealerships.

Is there not something that could be done to bring some focus to fix this problem for the people that have purchased this vehicle?

I appreciate your attention to this matter.

Thanks in advance for your review.

Sincerely,
XXX"

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
I do not have wind noise, or bad odors at this point so I can't do anything, But
some of you might want to contact an Attorney and try to start a class action
against Hyundai. Asking for Repairs, replacement of vehicle, or in the least
$10,000 be paid to all involved for the diminished value of the Palisade.
The Hyundai ads for the Palisade claim it is a quiet comfortable ride, when
they know it is not true in some of their Palisades.
Pretty sure if you can find an Attorney there are many people on here who will

·
Banned
673 Posts
I’m seeing some very good advice here lately and I think I know Barry and Omar, but I’d need to hear their voices to be sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my Palisade and the wind whistle noise is really annoying for me, took the car to dealer 3 times and after days 30 that the car was at the dealer I filled out for a lemon law asking for repurchasing. To be honest I am very disappointed with the Palisade even it is very comfy and has tons of tech things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After taking my Palisade to another dealer for a second opinion on the wind noise they ordered a pair of "Window Rails" per TSB. When they called me to inform me that the parts were in I was also told that the TSB had been canceled by Hyundai but still come in so they can install the parts. Well after the install they did not make any difference. After many months of annoying wind noise I finally send a complaint to Hyundai USA two weeks ago. About 30 minutes ago I received a call from a Hyundai Rep. who said that Hyundai Engineers in Korea are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. He also said Hyundai had received many complaints from other Palisade Owners and that Hyundai wants to get this fixed right. He said when they get a fix they would either call or email me direct or the dealer would contact me. Well at least I now know there is a problem and they are working on a fix. Has anyone else sent a formal complaint to Hyundai USA and got a phone call back?
I bought my Palisade and the wind whistle noise is really annoying for me, took the car to dealer 3 times and after 30 days that the car was at the dealer I filled out for a lemon law asking for repurchasing. To be honest I am very disappointed with the Palisade even it is very comfy and has tons of tech things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my Palisade and the wind whistle noise is really annoying for me, took the car to dealer 3 times and after 30 days that the car was at the dealer I filled out for a lemon law asking for repurchasing. To be honest I am very disappointed with the Palisade even it is very comfy and has tons of tech things.
Same here. Please, keep us updated about the outcome.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'll offer this: If anyone is in the Bay Area and suffers from a wind whistle, and you would prefer to keep the car rather than Lemon it if your dealer can't fix it, I will help you install the fix that I am a few other owners have performed to cure our cars of the wind whistle. You buy the foam rope and I'll do the install if you can't figure out how to do it yourself.
I actually look forward to taking my car up to full freeway speeds with the HVAC in non-recirc mode just so I can appreciate the lack of having any wind whistle now! hahahahaah

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am still waiting for Hyundai response, according to the state lemon law what I am living at they have no other choice other than to buy it back.
Well, maybe not. I already received a response from them before that it’s not eligible for lemon law and now I am appealing. Please, keep me updated.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts