Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am an attorney and also a former service advisor (the guy you talk to at a dealership when you drop the car off for service). In Louisiana and from what I remember, you would need 3 trips into the dealership for the same problem with a repair attempted within one year. This would not qualify under the lemon law from what I remember.

I talked to a tech yesterday at the dealership. Hyundai is working on a fix and they will repair the cars. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to make Hyundai figure out how to fix the cars faster. I would absolutely advise everyone with the problem to bring it in to the dealership and/or cal Hyundai; however, there really isn't a way to make engineers figure out a fix faster.

·
Registered
525 Posts
my nearest dealer on the phone told me "they all do that" and I need to wait for Hyundai to figure it out. after telling me this, he asks if I want to make an appointment to bring my car in.

seriously?

you just blew me off by telling me "TADT" and you still ask if I want to bring my car in. SHEESH

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully they initiate a design change for model year 2021 production, along with the other "known issues"

·
Registered
54 Posts
my nearest dealer on the phone told me "they all do that" and I need to wait for Hyundai to figure it out. after telling me this, he asks if I want to make an appointment to bring my car in.

seriously?

you just blew me off by telling me "TADT" and you still ask if I want to bring my car in. SHEESH

:rolleyes:
The reason why you need to bring the car in is that windnoise falls under the 12 month, 12k adjustment period under the warranty. If there is no service ticket and you bring it in at 12,001 miles, they won't cover it unless Hyundai extends the warranty on this issue. I wouldn't make a special trip, but I suggest every owner mention it on the first oil change so there is a record.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh, so this wind issue falls under a 12 month adjustment period? It won't fall under the bumper to bumper 60 month?

I also need a wheel alignment. I have mentioned it to the selling dealer, but they're 8 hours away so I don't plan on being there anytime soon.

I could ask the nearest dealer to do the alignment too I suppose.

As for the wind noise, with the foam in place I haven't experienced the whistle I had before I installed the foam. My whistling was under very specific circumstances so I will venture to guess that the dealer will say "we can't duplicate your complaint."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh, so this wind issue falls under a 12 month adjustment period? It won't fall under the bumper to bumper 60 month?

I also need a wheel alignment. I have mentioned it to the selling dealer, but they're 8 hours away so I don't plan on being there anytime soon.

I could ask the nearest dealer to do the alignment too I suppose.

As for the wind noise, with the foam in place I haven't experienced the whistle I had before I installed the foam. My whistling was under very specific circumstances so I will venture to guess that the dealer will say "we can't duplicate your complaint."
Wind noise and alignment will both fall under the adjustment period. You can absolutely bring to the nearest dealership, but I'd assure the service advisor that he will get a perfect survey, meaning a 100% score for every question, regardless of whether or not they are able to actually "fix" the wind noise.

Very few people know that the service advisors are paid by commission and their commission rate is DIRECTLY impacted by those surveys. They are the only people in the dealership that are paid that way, so I could totally understand hesitation on writing a warranty ticket on something that cannot be fixed at this time (because one of the questions is whether or not they fixed your vehicle). No matter what happens, my best advice is to always make a perfect survey unless the service advisor is a total ass. The service advisor will remember you and will take care of you. Don't blame them for issues with Hyundai and/or the sales department.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I’m not at the point where my wind noise is bad enough for me to leave my car there and figure out a ride home since they don’t give loaners

I’ll see if they can at least get the alignment done if I wait for the car

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
CVP33
What did they lemon yours under as far as problems? Or was it just the 8 trips and 20 days?

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
Only bad thing about lemon law in Arizona, If you lease the vehicle the lemon law does not apply. Unless if the manufacturer agrees to honor it any way. Here most of that comes down to how your dealership supports you

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Even if you are successful pursuing a lemon law refund, what then? Speaking for my state (Kansas) you refund will be how much you paid for the car less "a reasonable value for use", which could be thousands of dollars. Since most of us use our cars on a daily basis, your options are either 1) buy another Palisade and hope it doesn't have the problem or 2) buy something else. Personally I've owned my Palisade for 9 months and am very pleased with both the car and my dealer. The only other options for me would be a Telluride (which might have the same wind issues) or a Toyota Highlander. I've driven both and still prefer my Palisade. In addition the one and only Kia dealer in town sucks. I don't want my Palisade replaced, I want it fixed. I also don't think it's an issue of getting the engineers to work faster, the issue is to make sure Hyundai assigns the problem resolution a high priority. At this point all we have is vague statements from service writers that Hyundai is "working on it". Does that mean they have a team of senior engineers working to determine the problem and design a repair or a single junior engineer doing some computer simulations? I would like to see a clear statement from Hyundai corporate that they recognize the problem, tell us what resources are assigned and an estimated date when we will have a fix. Again I urge every owner that has this problem to go to Contact Us | MyHyundai and file a formal written complaint about this issue. Complaining to the dealer or even calling corporate doesn't have the same impact of a formal written complaint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Only bad thing about lemon law in Arizona, If you lease the vehicle the lemon law does not apply. Unless if the manufacturer agrees to honor it any way. Here most of that comes down to how your dealership supports you
Your statement is a good example of how lemon laws vary state by state. In Kansas lemon laws cover vehicles either purchased or leased. Unfortunately there are other aspects of the Kansas lemon law that isn't so consumer friendly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
This is never going to happen.
Hyundai has already admitted that a problem exists simply by publishing the TSB. "This bulletin provides troubleshooting information on how to identify and repair whistling/wind noise that occurs around the door glass area while driving". By suspending the TSB they also have admitted that their fix didn't work. But you're right - nothing is going to happen if those of us that have cars with this problem do nothing or just post our complaints on this or other forums. If you're going to take the time to post a comment on this forum take an additional 5 minutes and file a complaint with Hyundai. You will be assigned a case number and Hyundai will contact you to discuss the problem. During that discussion you can let them know that as much as you like your Palisade you'd be hard pressed to recommend someone buy it until this problem is resolved. I've been asked how I like mine perhaps a dozen times or more and my response has always been that I really enjoy the car, our local dealer is great to work with but there are some strange design decisions (lack of power folding mirrors for example) and excess wind noise and whistles, which in my case is severe. Other than that it's up to others to make up their own mind. As someone once said, what have you got to lose. File a complaint - can't hurt and might help.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts