Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got my Palisade Luxury (Canada) and there is some wind noise. I haven't brought it back to a dealer yet but did some research online. I found the TSB number for the wind noise.

TSB #19-BD-010H(1)
NHTSA ID #10169376
NOVEMBER 13 2019
Summary: This bulletin provides troubleshooting information on how to identify and repair whistling/wind noise that occurs around the door glass area while driving.
Thanks. Chuck4049 provided the TSB in discussion #18, 19 days ago. There have been varying degrees of the whistling noise experienced by some, and not at all in some cases. In addition, various dealerships have chosen to address the issue in different manners, with some agreeing to perform repairs according to the TSB and some not at all until they can reproduce the problem themselves. That was my experience in 5 trips to the dealer. They refused to repair just based on my observation and in fact I had a copy of the TSB which I provided to them! I was able to diagnose what I thought would be a fix to the problem of excess air coming through the window gasket/seal at high speed. I posted two videos of the fix in an earlier reply. I've had no issues since and in addition was able to noticeably reduce road noise coming into the cabin. Some owners are more comfortable with the dealer fix according to the TSB, and that's fine. Whatever works is good, but some have indicated that the TSB fixes were not 100% successful in eliminating the whistling noise. My dealer eventually wanted to replace the mirror assembly. After I resolved the issue using the foam inserts, I saw no reason to perform unnecessary parts changes, as well as painting the mirror to color match in the HOPE that it would resolve the problem. Everyone's entitled to choose their own course of action. I'm just sharing my experience and what worked for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
above post mentions some fix improving road noise......my wind problem is neglible, only a whisper around the drivers mirror, but I am disappointed in the road noise.....are there any tsb's or owner modifications that would make the cabin quieter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
above post mentions some fix improving road noise......my wind problem is neglible, only a whisper around the drivers mirror, but I am disappointed in the road noise.....are there any tsb's or owner modifications that would make the cabin quieter?
See links to videos in post #24 about 7 days ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread, I was going to post this in one of the existing threads about wind noise but when a search returned over 200 comments it was hard to know where to post it where most would see it, hence the new thread.

I took my Limited in for it's first service and told the service adviser it had the wind noise problem and gave him the TSB number. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I just finished a 500 mile round trip and the wind noise is gone. My wife wasn't even aware that anything had been done and she remarked that the car was much quieter. So it appears there is hope the problem can be solved.
Sorry for starting a new thread, I was going to post this in one of the existing threads about wind noise but when a search returned over 200 comments it was hard to know where to post it where most would see it, hence the new thread.

I took my Limited in for it's first service and told the service adviser it had the wind noise problem and gave him the TSB number. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I just finished a 500 mile round trip and the wind noise is gone. My wife wasn't even aware that anything had been done and she remarked that the car was much quieter. So it appears there is hope the problem can be solved.
I brought my palisade back in for service to repair the wind noise. I’m not sure if the technicians just don’t know what they’re doing because not only was the wind noise still there but they completely screwed up the chrome placement ( it’s overlapping with the chrome lining from the rear passenger door!) so I have to bring it back in. I’m pretty pissed off about it. It’s so weird that there is no problem on any other doors for all the palisades they made

41 - 45 of 45 Posts