Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Safeplayer22, let me know how it works out. I've seen where a forum member is using surgical tubing instead of foam because it "bounces back" better whereas the foam compresses over time. I say whatever works to take up the unfilled space within the rubber gasket/seal around the windows and inside the window channel is better than the production assembly. My dealer's parts department called today to inform me that the driver side mirror assembly was now in stock and wanted to make an appointment to replace. I told them to go ahead and stock the part I didn't need it, and besides I don't believe the mirror assembly cause the wind noise in the first place. I didn't tell them that I had fixed the problem myself. They've wasted enough of my time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I cant stand dealing with these useless dealership technicians. Some are just bullcrap.

Anyway, I managed to install (both driver and passenger side)the 3/8" foam that I got from Home depot for like $3 but unfortunately I've not gotten a chance to drive the car on the highway thereafter to test it out. Hoping it will fix the wind noise. Dont want to go back to the dealership and have to deal with idiots.
I have done the same thing until the dealer fixes it, the parts are on order.
The foam strips are only a temporary fix, as they will compress and a then they will allow air to pass again, but it does work...

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
My new Palisade AWD limited has none of this noise. A TSB was done at the point of entry, So the TSB must work if performed correctly.
I'd just keep taking it back to Hyundai till they correct it. Maybe call the customer service line and see if they can arrange to have it done correctly

·
Registered
71 Posts
My new Palisade AWD limited has none of this noise. A TSB was done at the point of entry, So the TSB must work if performed correctly.
I'd just keep taking it back to Hyundai till they correct it. Maybe call the customer service line and see if they can arrange to have it done correctly
How do know that the TSB was done at the port of entry? What is the Mfg date of your Palisade?

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
My palisade AWD limited was manufactured NOV.11,2019.
When I questioned why I hadn't received the car as promised
The dealership got back to me and told me the TSB's that were
being done at the port of entry before they would deliver. It also
got held up because the new Dec. TSB for blind spot monitor
had to be done

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Gene.
I know that a record is kept for Recalls that are done on each vehicle but is there any record that a dealer can look up to see what TSBs have been done.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Thanks Gene.
I know that a record is kept for Recalls that are done on each vehicle but is there any record that a dealer can look up to see what TSBs have been done.
There has to be as the dealer called and told me what TSB's were done. Not sure where they got the info

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone hearing a whistle due to air blowing from the vents? Ive only noticed it at power level 2 & 3 on the vent by driver side door. Initially figured it was the normal issue but it stopped immediately once turning the blower off and I was in a garage so...

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Anyone hearing a whistle due to air blowing from the vents? Ive only noticed it at power level 2 & 3 on the vent by driver side door. Initially figured it was the normal issue but it stopped immediately once turning the blower off and I was in a garage so...
Have you tried opening that vent all the way open. Lots of car vents will whistle if vent is closed most of the way

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok. Finally drove the car at higher speed with foam installed. I would say the wind noise has been reduced but, maybe its just me, I still hear some. I can live with it for now so dont plan on taking it to dealership for any fix unless it does not hold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok. Finally drove the car at higher speed with foam installed. I would say the wind noise has been reduced but, maybe its just me, I still hear some. I can live with it for now so dont plan on taking it to dealership for any fix unless it does not hold.
Safeplayer22, glad it's working for you. I made a 300+ mile road trip yesterday at highway speed and didn't hear the whistle noise not once. As far as reduction of ordinary road noise is concerned that is an additional benefit. My original intent was to eliminate the whistling noise and that's been accomplished. The road noise in the Palisade is louder than other SUVs that I've owned (Trailblazer, Explorer, Mercedes, Acura MDX) and as far as I've see the TSB issued by Hyundai isn't designed to address "road noise" per se, just the whistling noise experienced. For that reason I don't see the point in having the dealer replace window glass run, mirror assembly, and such and STILL experience the same level of road noise. I believe the improvement in cabin quietness may require a heavier guage window gasket/seal and thicker felt lining in the window channels. Perhaps that will be addressed in future models, but for now the foam inserts have exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Safeplayer22, glad it's working for you. I made a 300+ mile road trip yesterday at highway speed and didn't hear the whistle noise not once. As far as reduction of ordinary road noise is concerned that is an additional benefit. My original intent was to eliminate the whistling noise and that's been accomplished. The road noise in the Palisade is louder than other SUVs that I've owned (Trailblazer, Explorer, Mercedes, Acura MDX) and as far as I've see the TSB issued by Hyundai isn't designed to address "road noise" per se, just the whistling noise experienced. For that reason I don't see the point in having the dealer replace window glass run, mirror assembly, and such and STILL experience the same level of road noise. I believe the improvement in cabin quietness may require a heavier guage window gasket/seal and thicker felt lining in the window channels. Perhaps that will be addressed in future models, but for now the foam inserts have exceeded my expectations.
I agree about the road noise. The car is just loud in general. Whether it's from the window or the door, I'm not sure. I have noticed the black foam/rubber strip that goes around the door seems thin and cheap. Would a thicker one provide a tighter seal on the door when it's shut and make it a quieter ride???

It just sucks that for $50,000 the ride is super loud. I mean, I understand I didn't buy a $100k Mercedes SUV or anything, but it should have a quieter ride than a Chevy Equinox.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't done the foam yet, but had the dealer attempt to adjust the doors to help the wind noise. I feel like it helped a little, but I still hear it on the interstate some. Honestly, I think the doors, window glass, and the rubber seals on the doors are just cheap sh!t. I think Hyundai just used a ton of cheap parts. I also noticed that when driving over snow, it's loud as hell.

If I could return the car I probably would and get a new Explorer maybe or probably an Lincoln Aviator. But I'm stuck now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Understand your frustration. Most of the people here still likes the vehicle once these issues were fixed. But some have buyers remorse. I don't have buyers remorse. Other than the "not so smooth ride", the wind noise is not bad. I think it's just me psychologically knowing it's not 100% fixed.

Sometimes, some people get a bad vehicle. Bad luck. I'm sure if some people whom bought an explorer or another vehicle have some complaints. Just go to their forums. You only read and hear about problems (that's why we're here). I've only driven the car for 800 miles in almost 2 months of ownership...lol so I'm hoping the ride quality will get a bit better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Understand your frustration. Most of the people here still likes the vehicle once these issues were fixed. But some have buyers remorse. I don't have buyers remorse. Other than the "not so smooth ride", the wind noise is not bad. I think it's just me psychologically knowing it's not 100% fixed.

Sometimes, some people get a bad vehicle. Bad luck. I'm sure if some people whom bought an explorer or another vehicle have some complaints. Just go to their forums. You only read and hear about problems (that's why we're here). I've only driven the car for 800 miles in almost 2 months of ownership...lol so I'm hoping the ride quality will get a bit better.
There are no flawless vehicles, period, but I guess I expected a little better "quality" in some areas. I find that the Palisade offers a lot more "features" than almost any other vehicle in its class/price range, but could have done better in the materials that they use. Yes, I like the vehicle so far, but having to install a $3.00 roll of foam to fix noise issues on a $45,000 vehicle is bothersome. For example, in the bottom of the fender well where it meets the door jamb the insulation material is soft/moveable and flimsy. In my Acura MDX the same area utilized a rigid Styrofoam type material that was secure and dampened noise quite well. A $3.00 roll of foam still beats the pants off having to replace 3 door lock actuators for $750.00 a piece like on my previously owned Mercedes SUV, so in comparison the Palisade is not so bad.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If I could return the car I probably would and get a new Explorer maybe or probably an Lincoln Aviator.
Talk about cars that have had HUGE issues at roll out... Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator

The new explorer just absolutely phoned it in with the level of quality of interior components, etc.

Yah, the Palisade has a few teething issues (as does every car)... but they seem to be few and far between compared to most others. There's been, what, 7 TSBs (if you include the multiple window ones)? Look at the MDX when it came out... 45 TSBs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Talk about cars that have had HUGE issues at roll out... Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator

The new explorer just absolutely phoned it in with the level of quality of interior components, etc.

Yah, the Palisade has a few teething issues (as does every car)... but they seem to be few and far between compared to most others. There's been, what, 7 TSBs (if you include the multiple window ones)? Look at the MDX when it came out... 45 TSBs.
I do totally agree. I had a new Tahoe when they changed body styles like 6-7 years ago, and it had a ton of things wrong with it. I need to be smarter and not buy the first year edition of cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread, I was going to post this in one of the existing threads about wind noise but when a search returned over 200 comments it was hard to know where to post it where most would see it, hence the new thread.

I took my Limited in for it's first service and told the service adviser it had the wind noise problem and gave him the TSB number. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I just finished a 500 mile round trip and the wind noise is gone. My wife wasn't even aware that anything had been done and she remarked that the car was much quieter. So it appears there is hope the problem can be solved.
I just got my Palisade Luxury (Canada) and there is some wind noise. I haven't brought it back to a dealer yet but did some research online. I found the TSB number for the wind noise.

TSB #19-BD-010H(1)
NHTSA ID #10169376
NOVEMBER 13 2019
Summary: This bulletin provides troubleshooting information on how to identify and repair whistling/wind noise that occurs around the door glass area while driving.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts