Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unless the run channel they are ordering and will be installing is modified in some way (perhaps the part was improved over the run channel that was originally installed when your vehicle was manufactured), then I don't see how this is going to make any difference. Did they say your existing run channel was defective?
Nope, they didn’t give me much information except the obvious that the TSB was no longer an option ”because it didn’t fix the problem.” I will have to talk to them about adjusting the door. Just hate being the “Google professional” with the actual experts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am an owner in Canada and on my 4th trip to the dealer, he dismissed me by saying that the TSB doesn't apply to Canada and is for US only and that there are no more TSB's by Hyundai Canada any more. Is it the case? Different TSB for Hyundai US/Canada?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am an owner in Canada and on my 4th trip to the dealer, he dismissed me by saying that the TSB doesn't apply to Canada and is for US only and that there are no more TSB's by Hyundai Canada any more. Is it the case? Different TSB for Hyundai US/Canada?
Oh my.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
As i write this, my car is with the dealer and i know he has ordered only the weather stripping (82530/82540 - surprisingly, the part numbers are same but the TSB isn't) and this is the 3rd time they would install a weather stripping knowing well enough it won't do any good.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
As i write this, my car is with the dealer and i know he has ordered only the weather stripping (82530/82540 - surprisingly, the part numbers are same but the TSB isn't) and this is the 3rd time they would install a weather stripping knowing well enough it won't do any good.
Is the noise coming from the window or the door?

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
I ask because several people have had the wind noise fixed by having the door adjusted; So that it closes tighter against the gaskets

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ask because several people have had the wind noise fixed by having the door adjusted; So that it closes tighter against the gaskets
Is there any link for the fix? So far, i only saw the video/photos of someone fitting a foam sealant in the window gasket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is a proven method for determining where the wind noise is coming from:
An air compressor with a nozzle generally used to blow dirt out of the garage is required along with a buddy or a willing spouse.
You sit inside the car with the windows closed and engine off. The compressor should not be running. You will be using air stored in the reservoir as you want it as quiet as possible.
The assistant will gently squeeze the trigger on the air nozzle and slowly move the air flow around the perimeter of the offending window or door. Hurricane force wind is not required and could cause damage. You absolutely will hear a pronounced change in sound when the leaky location is under test.
How you fix the air leak is beyond the scope of this lesson.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that. Once i get my car back and if the problem is still there, i will try to pinpoint the leak location. I have leaf blower that might just do the job.

·
Registered
302 Posts
DEAR HYUNDAI ENGINEERS,

Here is a proven method for determining where the wind noise is coming from:
An air compressor with a nozzle generally used to blow dirt out of the garage is required along with a buddy or a willing spouse.
You sit inside the car with the windows closed and engine off. The compressor should not be running. You will be using air stored in the reservoir as you want it as quiet as possible.
The assistant will gently squeeze the trigger on the air nozzle and slowly move the air flow around the perimeter of the offending window or door. Hurricane force wind is not required and could cause damage. You absolutely will hear a pronounced change in sound when the leaky location is under test.
How you fix the air leak is beyond the scope of this lesson.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So finally, I got a call from my dealership saying there is no noise anymore after the 4th attempt. I took the car for a drive on a highway and it was the same situation. I asked the technician to come for a drive and he agreed to drive it with me. And surprisingly, his words changed. He told me that there is 'a lot' of noise but unfortunately there is nothing else that they can do. They keep saying that Hyundai has retracted the TSB and as per Hyundai, they were only allowed to replace the window run channels which they did. They have asked me to wait unless Hyundai comes up with something.

Is there any way to verify if Hyundai has indeed taken back their TSB? Any way to know the current stand of the company on this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the wind noise common to all Palisades or is it fixed in the newer builds?

Don't want to drop 40K on a SUV that will whistle at me :):mad:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I took delivery of my car in March and it has a 12/28 build date. There was no noticeable wind noise during my long test drive. The car has since developed a slight wind whistle and I now notice more wind roar at 70mph+.

It's not bad enough to make me regret buying it, but if you are not in great need of a new car right now and/or you are sensitive to wind noise then I would recommend you wait.

The Palisade is awesome in every other respect and I don't see any of the competitors being strong options. The value proposition of the Palisade blows away the competition. Heated and Ventilated second row seats? Many luxury brands don't even have ventilated seats for the 2nd row!

But yeah, if you can wait then wait.

I've had one dealer already tell me that all the Palisades they've driven have wind noise so they deem it as "normal" until/if/when Hyundai issues a fix for it. I just had my Palisade in with another dealer for a wheel alignment (during which they chipped the paint on two of my wheels) and I asked them to document that I have the wind noise problem so at least I hope to get this looked at when Hyundai issues another TSB for wind noise.

I bought the Palisade after a lot of consideration on the wind noise issue. I bought assuming if my car develops wind noise problems that Hyundai will eventually issue a fix, but again, if you don't need it now then wait.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts