Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have no idea what you’re talking about. We love the Hyundai Palisade. It’s absolutely perfect in every way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh, yeah, we did buy an X7. I know nothing of the other part. I guess the X7 is alright. Really just wanted folding mirrors and a few (38) other unique features. Definitely going to miss the black plastic sparkle dash. Looked a little like a cheap bowling ball and I love bowling.

1) The quiet. 69dB for the X7.I thought the Aviator was quiet, but the X7 is a new level of quiet. Credit to tons (literally) of sound deadening and dual pane glass. It just works. We actually test drove today on the highway in 30mph cross-winds and my wife looked down and we were doing 90mph and she couldn’t tell. It’s that insulated. In fact one reviewer had it as the quietest SUV they’d ever tested at 69db.
2) The power. Although listed at 335hp it somehow hits 0-60 in 5.4secs, same as the 400hp Aviator. Magic?
3) The warranty. 4.5 years and unlimited miles, B2B with $0 deductible. Also comes with free maintenance For 3yr/36K
4) The side/rear styling. It just looks badass with the chrome hockey stick, rake and dual exhaust.
5) The suspension raises and lowers both on the road and for loading/unloading.
6) The rear lift-gate is a two piece design. The top and bottom open separately. They also close with a push button together. Cool to watch.
7) 3 moon roofs. 1 for each row and all with sunshades. Pretty cool for the 3rd row passengers.
8) 3rd row HVAC controls making for a 5 zone HVAC system.
9) 2nd row has push button controls.
10) Front seats have massage and are infinitely adjustable (20 way). You can inflate the side and bottom bolsters, extend the thigh support and raise/lower/project the head rests and they can be "bent" like first class airplane seats to hold your head in position.
11) Folding, self dimming mirrors.
12) 2nd row wind screens are push button versus manual.
13) Sunroof has LED’s that light up at night.
14) Soft close doors. The rear hatch on my Z06 has this. Just cool to watch versus a must have,
15) In addition to heated seats and steering wheel, the arm rests (center console and door) are heated.
16) 21” wheels. Gotta admit they just look right on a vehicle this size. But honestly can't wait to get our BMW 22" luxury wheels installed.
17) Real wood trim. Just looks classy in this interior.
18) Heads-up display is floating out in front of the vehicle is a little nicer than the Aviator, but similar to the Palisade.
19) Gesture control. Point finger at the radio and draw a clockwise circle in the air to raise the volume. Opposite to lower. Cool once you get use to it.
20) Harmon Kardon, 16 speaker 464watt stereo. It’s loud with a ton of bass even through the front door speakers. It’ll move you leg!
21) Ambient air scent system. You load cartridges in the glove compartment. Now you know my wife will use that!
22) Electric steering wheel adjuster
23) Remarkable gas mileage 20/25 given the performance
24) Onboard tutorial videos you watch through the NAV screen. Why don’t more carmakers do this. Genius!
25) Heated 3rd row seats
26) Road following headlights
27) Real fog lights
28) 3rd row sunroof can be opened from driver's seat, second row and 3rd row.
29) Memory seats + mirrors + driving settings. It remembers EVERYTHING you previously set, including turning off auto start/stop and lane departure if you set it that way.
30) On board diagnostics that can run through the vehicle with you on the phone with a BMW tech 24/7.
31) Styling 'easter eggs'. When you open the front and rear doors the B pillar has "X7" stamped into it. The rear cover also has X7 as well.
32) One touch seats - for raising or lowering ALL the seats at once, every row. No matter where the 2nd row is, it will move it out of the way for you, versus you needing to ensure the 2nd row is moved up.
33) Active parking - It parallel park for you. And if you pull into a particularly tight spot, like our current driveway + garage with 5 cars (until we drop off our Pal'e at the dealer for the last time) it will 'retrace' your steps in revers to extricate your X7 from the spot. Pretty cool to watch.
34) Dynamic Air Ride Suspension in addition to raising and lowering it reacts quicker to bumps and road conditions. Also allows for the steer, shock damping and ride height to be changes to create a "real" sport setting.
35) Active grille shutters that close on the highway for added gas miles. Might also be helping to make the ride more quiet as the front end is pushing the air out of the way versus additional air entering the grille and exiting at the windshield.
36) Hand stitched leather dash - it's just looks and feels luxury. Not a big deal for me, but my wife commented so it goes on the list.
37) Complimentary Maintenance 3/36
38) HEY BMW! You can talk to the on-board computer conversationally. Actually may be the coolest feature of them all. You can have the radio on, windows down - doesn't matter as it can hear you through all of this. If you say "Hey BMW" it activates. You say - "I'm cold". It responds, would you like me to turn the heat up? Basically anything you can do through iDrive system you can do through HEY BMW including turning on the seat massage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The X7 and X5 are loaded with tech. But it is not a fair comparison, given the MSRP of your CPO X7 was probably in the 90-100k range. I've looked at an X5, and to get the safety options and heated and cooled seats that are on a Palisade limited the price is 71-74k, depending on other options like HK stereo and executive package with HUD and laser LED lights. that is a significant delta.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
I looked at a BMW X7 CPO, the 40i which is the cheaper one. Only one in our area 14000 miles and $89,995.00.
If I had money to purchase that would love it, But way to much for me. It also said 1 year bumper to bumper on top of the original warranty or which ever came first.
Had a BMW once, they are great under warranty, But they drive to stiff for my taste. There a drive hard machine.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
I have no idea what you’re talking about. We love the Hyundai Palisade. It’s absolutely perfect in every way.
1 Month ago in this post you said
CVP33
Registered

Joined 7 mo ago
271 Posts
#128 1 mo ago
I’m done. Time to lemon this POS.

So just thought you had lemoned it. and curious what you would get

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 Month ago in this post you said
CVP33
Registered

Joined 7 mo ago
271 Posts
#128 1 mo ago
I’m done. Time to lemon this POS.

So just thought you had lemoned it. and curious what you would get
1 month ago? That doesn’t make sense. I haven’t been on the forum for about 12 weeks since the covid-19 outbreak. My wife drives a Palisade........I may have to have a word with her. As I’ve stated recently since rejoining the forum, the Hyundai Palisade is an amazing vehicle and Hyundai makes perfect vehicles.

As for the X7, it’s already been to the dealer 3 times. No surprise. First visit to wash and detail as the dealer promised to bring in his detail guy to get everything looking new. Second time was for the complimentary oil change and today AGAIN to mount our 22” wheels. This thing has already gone to the dealer 3 times in less than 2 weeks of ownership! Crazy. And the worst part is they made my wife drive a 2020 X5. Total BS!

Regarding prices. Our MSRP was $83K and we overpaid $63K with $20K savings.....if you can even call it that. The CPO startEd in late October 2019 so we have 4.5years and unlimited mile B2B warranty and no deductible. It also transfers for $200 to any new owner should we decide to sell it. I also found dealers in NoVA giving $15K OFF MSRP at Alexandria and Annapolis BMW. I walked away at $13K but they both came back with $15K. But seriously who would want that?

I absolutely wouldn’t buy a BMW X7 after my experience. Still can’t believe they forced my wife to drive a 2 row X5.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
G
CVP33 your account must have really been hacked. I find 43 different IP address under your CVP33 name
Not just on this forum

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
So basically your using a program to hide your IP address. I say that because all these latest posts you admit to are all coming from different IP address everytime

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

I have an AWD Limited 2020 model.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

If anyone else has experienced this, let me know.

Thanks!
I have experiences the same thing with my Palisade.

·
Registered
302 Posts
G
CVP33 your account must have really been hacked. I find 43 different IP address under your CVP33 name
Not just on this forum
So basically your using a program to hide your IP address. I say that because all these latest posts you admit to are all coming from different IP address everytime
I have experiences the same thing with my Palisade.
Definitely something to do with the Internet Palisade. 5G and all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWIW I took mine to the dealer on Thursday and they special ordered a new run channel shown below. Anyone have this experience? It will be back in the dealer next week to be installed, but maybe I suggest adjusting my door as well (or will this do that?).

·
Registered
38 Posts
FWIW I took mine to the dealer on Thursday and they special ordered a new run channel shown below. Anyone have this experience? It will be back in the dealer next week to be installed, but maybe I suggest adjusting my door as well (or will this do that?).

Unless the run channel they are ordering and will be installing is modified in some way (perhaps the part was improved over the run channel that was originally installed when your vehicle was manufactured), then I don't see how this is going to make any difference. Did they say your existing run channel was defective?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts