Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

121 - 140 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have added the black foam "rope" everywhere I could possibly squeeze it into without binding the window to the danger point.
I put a piece across inside the top of each of the window tracks, all around behind all of the window seals, and just today discovered an area at the bottom of the outside window seals that would also accept the rope between it's two layers.
Not sure how to explain this one. I noticed that the bottom outside seals on our G80 fit quite tight when closed. The Palisade seal wasn't as tight, but there was a space between the two layers where I could insert the rope. This seems to have added another solution to the noise.
Please bear in mind that there seems to be a number of causes to the noises we're experiencing with varying solutions. This is what's been working for MY particular set of problems. YMMV. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue. Whistles bad in a cross wind on the interstate. Several others are reporting this problem. I haven’t had a chance to get it back to the dealer, but turning the ac/heat to recirculate eliminates the noise for the moment.
Same here. Recirculate stops it. I can lay a pencil on the ledge next to window directly by my left shoulder, about 3-4 inches from drivers door frame and whistling stops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i just got a new pally and noticed wind whistle in driver door....ran my finger along door gasket and felt a point every 12 in like a golf tee inside...thinks its the fasteners not push in enough...is your complaint similar? If so how do u fasten your solud gasket?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

I have an AWD Limited 2020 model.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

If anyone else has experienced this, let me know.

Thanks!
I’ve had the same problem. On 4,000 mi trip it about drove us batty, as if we were not batty enough. Still no fix from dealership. They referred to corporate and would get back to us ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to write about my "fix" following ATLPal's method but I don't think it worked for me. I will try using the foam and will follow the video to the T. Have to do this over the weekend and will report back here. Have to buy the foam first...lol.

Thanks ATLPal for the videos.
Did you get the method of using the foam to work? Is there a video that helps? What did you buy? Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hyundai is working on an updated solution, however, at the moment, I'm guessing not dying is a higher priority.
Fair enough, but they've known about this issue for at least 9 months now... at this rate, even without the coronavirus, I'm looking forward to my grand kids enjoying a trouble and wind free Palisade... :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Fair enough, but they've known about this issue for at least 9 months now..
That's actually rather unlikely. There had to be enough vehicles shipped for enough vehicles to be purchased for enough vehicles to present problems for enough vehicles to go back to the shop for enough complaints to be made to elevate this to corporate as an issue.. Those things all take time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's actually rather unlikely. There had to be enough vehicles shipped for enough vehicles to be purchased for enough vehicles to present problems for enough vehicles to go back to the shop for enough complaints to be made to elevate this to corporate as an issue.. Those things all take time.
No one can know for sure, but this is not a new issue. I'm sure that once they started getting dozens of identical complaints, and this was happening back in July of last year, someone must have rang the alarm bell. It is a new model after all, so you should be extremely aware of anything that comes up, especially since this kind of stuff happens to many many first year models from all manufacturers... but it is a guess, either of us could be right, no way to know for sure...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's my wrap-up:
In the act of chasing a very moderate wind noise issue in my car, I've applied the foam to everyplace suggested by other members and even a couple more. Granted, my car never had the whistles, thrumming or any of the more obnoxious noises reported by others which would have been understandably very frustrating. As anal as I am, I just had to chase down any noise issue I thought could be improved.

In addition to all of the recommended locations, I also applied foam in all the similar locations in the rear doors anyplace it would fit.

I also installed a rubber strip on the leading edge of the rear doors where the they meet the closed front doors to hopefully control any air movement sounds in that area.

The bottom line is that I couldn't quantify how much, if at all, any of the applications made much of a difference individually. I can say, though, that the final result has been pretty satisfactory. I'm now quite happy with the that the wind noise level is as good as can be expected and I'm happy with it. Also, the doors open and close with a nice thud that surpasses the even the pleasant sound of our G80s doors.

I haven't been able to do any long distance highway trips, but so far the wind noise seems to be totally under control. The most noticeable remaining noise is probably tire noise that's made more bothersome by the open box shape of the interior of the Palisade body.

I hope all of you that pursue the black foam remedy can be as satisfied with your results as I am. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

Thanks!
Had the same issue. Dealer replaced Driver door weather stripping after a few visits and a few test drives. Greg May Hyundai seems to require at least three service visits and a couple phone calls before they will address an issue. That did fix the issue we were having.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you do not hear exact whistling but hear wind more than you will like where it sounds like the window might not be fully closed or not door closed fully...does that qualify for this issue? How did you frame it to the service department? Some cars just do not have the best sound deadening and wanted to understand the best way to articulate this to the service department so they do not blow me off? It seems to me the weather stripping could be improved to create a tighter seal at least around the drivers door. We don't have many miles (under 1k) but this is something that is louder than I'd like currently.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Go in, tell them you're having wind noise issues. If they tell you its normal, tell them the TSB number from hyundai on the issue.

Yes, the TSB is currently suspended, so they may not do anything to fix it at the moment. What you're doing is documenting the issue and referencing the TSB as evidence that it is an acknowledged problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The TSB is 19-BD-010H - it’s listed under visibility because it’s ‘correcting’ the side view glass. As SAX stated it’s important that the complaint be logged as soon as possible in case you need it. Hopefully there is a solution in due time and you won’t need it. However if the problem gets worse and proves impossible to fix or becomes part of a number of ongoing issues - you’ll want the earliest date possible on record to show that length of time you spent chasing a fix.

Again all of this is preemptive in the hope you never need it. Think insurance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to buy a Limited and need some advice, please. Took one out for a 45 minute test drive in NJ, got it up to 80 on the Parkway and didn’t hear any wind noise, but at 3 or 4 other times, at much slower speeds, I did hear a noticeable whistle through drivers door, but it would only last maybe 10 seconds then go away. To be fair, it was unusually windy out. Aside from what I'm hearing of this wind noise issue, I love the Palisade. What should I do -

• Try to use this wind noise issue as a bargaining chip for a better price
  • Demand that the dealer acknowledge the issue and do something to fix it before I buy; I’ll never have more leverage than I do now.
  • Forget the whole thing and buy a Jeep

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking to buy a Limited and need some advice, please. Took one out for a 45 minute test drive in NJ, got it up to 80 on the Parkway and didn’t hear any wind noise, but at 3 or 4 other times, at much slower speeds, I did hear a noticeable whistle through drivers door, but it would only last maybe 10 seconds then go away. To be fair, it was unusually windy out. Aside from what I'm hearing of this wind noise issue, I love the Palisade. What should I do -

• Try to use this wind noise issue as a bargaining chip for a better price
  • Demand that the dealer acknowledge the issue and do something to fix it before I buy; I’ll never have more leverage than I do now.
  • Forget the whole thing and buy a Jeep
I would go with option 2. Don’t buy a Jeep.I came from a Jeep and nothing but issues. Fiat Chrysler doesn’t care. The quality control isn’t there

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
Same here. Recirculate stops it. I can lay a pencil on the ledge next to window directly by my left shoulder, about 3-4 inches from drivers door frame and whistling stops.
I got a buzzing sound coming out of the door/window with the ac blowing

Noise Video

121 - 140 of 184 Posts