Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok thanks. so the foam still sits in the window channel that will then get compressed when the window is rolled up.

The pictures from earlier where it was gray foam showed how unsightly the fix is if we have the windows rolled down. this Trim Lok looks like the same color as the window channel so I'll guess it's not noticeable.

thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, very happy. The dealer can’t improve on this so I’m done. There’s not really anything to take a pic of so I wouldn’t know what to show you. It looks just like it did before the install - it just sounds better. :) Also, bear in mind that I didn’t have any whistling or mirror noises so this fix may not have any effect on such Issues.
Did you notice if is restricting the speed of the window making the motor work harder?

I am taking mine to the dealership Wednesday, but planing on putting the seals in all windows if it reduced the road noise.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FINAL UPDATE (I hope!) I installed the Trim-Lok rubber seal in my windows and I can’t imagine the car being any quieter. Road and wind noise intrusion is mucho improved. Good enough, FINALLY.
Did you install the seal on the inside area that is out of sight and also on the visible top channel area that window presses against when closed? Did you do front and rear doors/windows on both sides? Thanks in advance for the hep with this issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok thanks. so the foam still sits in the window channel that will then get compressed when the window is rolled up.

The pictures from earlier where it was gray foam showed how unsightly the fix is if we have the windows rolled down. this Trim Lok looks like the same color as the window channel so I'll guess it's not noticeable.

thanks!
No. No change of foam in the window channel. The old gray foam is so deep in the window channel I didn’t even bother to change it (yet). :) Maybe, maybe not. We’ll see.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you notice if is restricting the speed of the window making the motor work harder?

I am taking mine to the dealership Wednesday, but planing on putting the seals in all windows if it reduced the road noise.
Very slight change of speed. I decided to risk it, but I really don’t think it’s much of a risk.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you install the seal on the inside area that is out of sight and also on the visible top channel area that window presses against when closed? Did you do front and rear doors/windows on both sides? Thanks in advance for the hep with this issue?
Did both front and rear inside the seals, not the channels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is the fix for the wind noise, no TSB, or parts replacement necessary. Stop the dealers and their incompetent service departments from wasting your valuable time. I used a flexible foam/caulk filler purchased from Home Depot for $ 2.98, took no more than 10 minutes to fix BOTH driver and passenger door window noise/whistle. The product is Frost King grey poly foam caulk saver. It's a 3/8 in round foam strip, 20 ft in length.

From the inside of the driver's door window there is a Black rubber seal/gasket that runs the entire length of the window from the A pillar, near the mirror to the B pillar near the door frame next to the drivers seat. With the window closed, and from inside the vehicle, if you lightly pull the rubber gasket towards you away from window you can create a small area of separation to insert the foam. There is a channel that runs inside gasket around the entire length of the window that is hollow .The 3/8 foam fits PERFECTLY within that gap. Insert the foam into the channel and push the gasket back into place. The foam will not be visible and the gasket will be deformed in any way. Open the window and go to the outside of the vehicle. Just on the OUTSIDE of the window channel/felt lining there is another hollow channel in the door frame surrounding the window from the A pillar to the B pillar. Push the foam caulk saver firmly into the channel from one end to the other. In this step you can apply more pressure because your pushing directly into the metal frame. If done correctly the foam isn't noticeable on the outside of the window. On the inside of the window it is hidden under the rubber gasket. I applied the foam in this manner to BOTH driver and PASSENGER front windows. Not only did this COMPLETELY stop the whistling noise it reduced the outside road noise considerably. The cabin is NOTICEABLY more quiet, and you can hear the difference in the air pressure when closing the doors. Sorry that pictures came out too dark for me to post but hopefully this description is detailed enough to follow. Trust me, you will notice the difference!
It would help us alot with pictures, Sir.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We know that the TSB sometimes work and sometimes it doesn’t. I encourage all of the people that still have some kind of issue with the wind to make their voice heard.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Let’s all band together and make waves happen, so the Hyundai find a real solution ASAP.

Go to the NHTSA website and file a Complaint, follow the link below.

Also go to Surecritic and fill a comprehensive review, focusing on the problems you are having with the wind/whistle noise and how it affects your feelings towards the palisade. Link below.

When people band together, the voice is louder and stronger.

·
Registered
478 Posts
We know that the TSB sometimes work and sometimes it doesn’t. I encourage all of the people that still have some kind of issue with the wind to make their voice heard.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Let’s all band together and make waves happen, so the Hyundai find a real solution ASAP.

Go to the NHTSA website and file a Complaint, follow the link below.

Also go to Surecritic and fill a comprehensive review, focusing on the problems you are having with the wind/whistle noise and how it affects your feelings towards the palisade. Link below.

When people band together, the voice is louder and stronger.
And you hope to accomplish... What exactly? Hyundai published a TSB for this issue. Meaning they acknowledge the issue and will pay for the fixes. The vast majority of folks state that their issues are fixed with this TSB.

There seems to be some dealerships who are unaware of it, but that can be fixed by printing it (and it's posted in this thread). Also, that has nothing to do with Hyundai corporate.

About the only issue here is that Hyundai seems short on parts. Other than that, what more do you want?

·
Registered
25 Posts
And you hope to accomplish... What exactly? Hyundai published a TSB for this issue. Meaning they acknowledge the issue and will pay for the fixes. The vast majority of folks state that their issues are fixed with this TSB.

There seems to be some dealerships who are unaware of it, but that can be fixed by printing it (and it's posted in this thread). Also, that has nothing to do with Hyundai corporate.

About the only issue here is that Hyundai seems short on parts. Other than that, what more do you want?

Looking for sense of urgency from Hyundai. Ensure not just some but all affected have the issue fixed.

There is also s Data point that the TSB has been pulled. A owner was turn away and given a later appointment date, because the dealership is no longer performing that TSB. Also the TSB was pulled from the NHTSA website.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking for sense of urgency from Hyundai. Ensure not just some but all affected have the issue fixed.

There is also s Data point that the TSB has been pulled. A owner was turn away and given a later appointment date, because the dealership is no longer performing that TSB. Also the TSB was pulled from the NHTSA website.
Sense of urgency to do what? They've issued the TSB to dealerships. That means they've investigated and identified possible causes. What else do you want them to do? Give specifics.

As to owners that are not happy with the fix, it's not clear whether the dealerships have tried all the possible suggestions listed in the TSB. There are multiple possible causes for the noise. If you have better data than that, then post it.

And the TSB is still on NHTSA's website. Right here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169376-9999.pdf

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sense of urgency to do what? They've issued the TSB to dealerships. That means they've investigated and identified possible causes. What else do you want them to do? Give specifics.

As to owners that are not happy with the fix, it's not clear whether the dealerships have tried all the possible suggestions listed in the TSB. There are multiple possible causes for the noise. If you have better data than that, then post it.

And the TSB is still on NHTSA's website. Right here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169376-9999.pdf
I just got a call from my service advisor telling me that the TSB has officially been pulled by Hyundai. My vehicle is in for them to perform the 3rd of 4 fixes (after replacement of side mirror did not work), but now Hyundai is telling my dealer to scrap the TSB. And they did not provide an alternative fix/solution...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the wind nose but luckily not the whistling sound so I am going to try the Trim-lock seal. Wondering if you needed to install the seal in both the inside & outside to get noticeable sound reduction or if just installing it on the inside channel was enough?

FINAL UPDATE (I hope!) I installed the Trim-Lok rubber seal in my windows and I can’t imagine the car being any quieter. Road and wind noise intrusion is mucho improved. Good enough, FINALLY.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the wind nose but luckily not the whistling sound so I am going to try the Trim-lock seal. Wondering if you needed to install the seal in both the inside & outside to get noticeable sound reduction or if just installing it on the inside channel was enough?
I did both - inside and outside as much as possible. Inside the track install is limited to places at the window limits, up at the top and front, but not the rear where there isn't enough room for the window to pass the foam.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. I'll be trying this myself until Hyundai comes out with an updated TSB at some point.

I did both - inside and outside as much as possible. Inside the track install is limited to places at the window limits, up at the top and front, but not the rear where there isn't enough room for the window to pass the foam.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts