Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

I have an AWD Limited 2020 model.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

If anyone else has experienced this, let me know.

Thanks!
I am having the same problem and it is getting very annoying, I did see that some dealers are replacing parts on the windows

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am having the same problem and it is getting very annoying, I did see that some dealers are replacing parts on the windows
I’m picking my 2021 palisade sel awd up this afternoon. They claim installed new glass, weatherstrip and foam around mirrors. I had to be incredibly persistent to get there. This is 6th attempt. They did more work this time. One time they actually bent doors, broke window.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m picking my 2021 palisade sel awd up this afternoon. They claim installed new glass, weatherstrip and foam around mirrors. I had to be incredibly persistent to get there. This is 6th attempt. They did more work this time. One time they actually bent doors, broke window.
The drivers door is better. The trim is now loose and flaps in the breeze. I think they only did one door/window. Other 3 still fail paper test. I can hear wind coming in somewhere else.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday and I am happy to say that I don't have any noticeable issues at highway speeds.

I'm also coming from a 2012 Elantra and 2014 Mazda 3, so while it may not be quiet in it's class, it is quiet to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday and I am happy to say that I don't have any noticeable issues at highway speeds.

I'm also coming from a 2012 Elantra and 2014 Mazda 3, so while it may not be quiet in it's class, it is quiet to me.
Good for you. Not everyone has the problem as best I can tell. I think manufacturing error not design issue. My son has their small electric car and its good, but he never reaches highway speed. It took a couple days before I noticed as I was in new car heaven. Then the weatherstrip separated from the car. After that fixed I still have wind noise.

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
33 Posts
For those that are coming from older cars and don't mind the noise. I have owned many cars, most have been downright old and of lower quality or had many miles. None have ever had wind noise like this. This is a new car and Hyundai's flagship model. Have a listen to what I recorded at 55-60 MPH in January. It happens every time on the highway and is worse when there are cross winds or passing a truck.
link to my Flickr page, if you're interested

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good for you. Not everyone has the problem as best I can tell. I think manufacturing error not design issue. My son has their small electric car and its good, but he never reaches highway speed. It took a couple days before I noticed as I was in new car heaven. Then the weatherstrip separated from the car. After that fixed I still have wind noise.
Yes, I meant to add that I know there are people with an additional issue of wind noise.

There are those with whistling and howling wind, which at the moment I do not have.

And then there are people who without that say the wind and noise from other cars is loud in general. Which comparatively to other cards I've had, mine is quieter. I had only meant to address this part and not the larger wind issue.

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
33 Posts
Man, this is disappointing. The first post on this thread is over a year old, there was a TSB shortly thereafter, and Hyundai still has the same freaking issue? Geez. I was hoping new 2021s wouldn't have it. The good news is my test-drive route at that dealer allows me to get up to highway speeds, so will be able to test it before writing the check. Hope it doesn't have that issue, like the one I test-drove didn't. I'm also going to look for the 'fix', to determine if the issue is a deal-breaker or not.

I actually wanted a quieter car than the Palisade, but the Palisade was borderline okay to me, so I don't want it any noisier than the one I drove. I'd put quieter tires when they wear out, but wind noise is hard to fix, especially when it's due to design, and not a fixable issue, like a torn, defective, or improperly installed window seal. What doesn't help is the lack of double-pane acoustic windows on the 2nd row, but to be fair, no other competitor has it, so it's understandable.

Finally, the TSB probably doesn't apply to new vehicles, right? Didn't read all 14 pages, since I was expecting the issue to be resolved by now. Thanks gang.
According to my dealer and a few other posts the TSB has been cancelled and now there is no 'fix' from Hyundai for the issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heard from a local Palisade owner that he got his wind noise issue fixed by the dealer. Called and saw the dealer yesterday and 15 minutes later they said they where ordering parts and will have them installed when they arrive. Warranty. I'll let you know the results. Mine is noticeable from 45 mph and up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just had it done, took about 1.5 hrs. I didn’t have much of a noise problem but I had it done.
Thanks, been waiting a year for this!

Dam, looks like it is only applicable to 2020 Palisades manufactured in 2019. I have light-to-moderate wind noise on my February 2020 made Palisade.

Should I contact Hyundai and see if they will authorize it anyway?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thanks, been waiting a year for this!

Dam, looks like it is only applicable to 2020 Palisades manufactured in 2019. I have light-to-moderate wind noise on my February 2020 made Palisade.

Should I contact Hyundai and see if they will authorize it anyway?
Yes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have 2021 Palisade Calligraphy. I am getting the whistling noise at 45mph and wind noise above 50 mph. I read the whole thread and I am still not sure what to do. I bought this vehicle onMay 27th 2021 and I have less than 1k miles on my car.

Do I have option to give this car back to dealership without any additional charges?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car is a 2020, always had the drivers side door wind noise at 45 mph plus. There is now a repair, I am scheduled to drop off my car tomorrow. They had to order the parts and it will take about 2 hours for the repair. I'll post results after my test drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car is a 2020, always had the drivers side door wind noise at 45 mph plus. There is now a repair, I am scheduled to drop off my car tomorrow. They had to order the parts and it will take about 2 hours for the repair. I'll post results after my test drive.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
175 Posts
I have 2021 Palisade Calligraphy. I am getting the whistling noise at 45mph and wind noise above 50 mph.
That shouldn't be the case. May I ask what's your build date? Look at the black label on the driver's side door jamb. The build date is on the upper left corner, below the 'H' logo. Maybe you got a very early build, but even then, it should have been fixed on all 2021s. Mine is Feb 2021, and no wind noise issues. My Tesla is much noisier than the Pali.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That shouldn't be the case. May I ask what's your build date? Look at the black label on the driver's side door jamb. The build date is on the upper left corner, below the 'H' logo. Maybe you got a very early build, but even then, it should have been fixed on all 2021s. Mine is Feb 2021, and no wind noise issues. My Tesla is much noisier than the Pali.
My build date Sept 25, 2019

261 - 280 of 282 Posts