Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

241 - 260 of 282 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
We bought our in Dec 19 and never had the noise issue until last week. It is loud, even with the radio and kids making noise. We have an appt at the dealer tomorrow. I will follow up with my experience.
Boch Hyundai Norwood, MA.
Good luck. There is no known fix and the TSB has been stopped by Hyundai. Our started off very quiet and got progressively louder over time until it was unbearable. Something is degrading over time - the seals, the body integrity? Don’t know, but something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got a call from dealership service department; they said they were able to successfully recreate the noise issue. They've ordered a new "Front Window Run Channel" to replace a "mal-fitted" installed one. So here's to seeing if that fixes things. Part should be delivered in the next day or two.
Hey PaliChris, I'm about to head into the dealership to talk to them about the same thing. We have the wind noise issue after about 60+mph. Did they replace the parts successfully and now no more wind noise, or? Thanks for sharing any details you can!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm not understanding your question. The orange plastic tool I'm using is to just push the foam into place. I didn't want to use a metal tool (screwdriver) for fear of scratching or ripping something.

The "V Channel" is the interior side rubber window seal. When you roll the window all the way into the door and look down from the top, into the door cavity, you will see that there is a rubber window seal on the interior side of the glass. Obviously there is a window seal on the exterior side too, but that one is easy to see. I call the interior one the "V Channel" because the shape of the window seal is similar to a letter "V," and that's where the 3/8in foam will be installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering do you all get loaner car when you keep your palisade at the dealership? if you do what kind of car they are giving. sorry going off track .
I had one yesterday for my 15K maintenance. They gave me a Kona. Nice, but tiny. I had to whip it in and out of my tiny garage a few times, because I could 😂

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had one yesterday for my 15K maintenance. They gave me a Kona. Nice, but tiny. I had to whip it in and out of my tiny garage a few times, because I could 😂
Did the dealer have to keep your car overnight for the 15K mtce?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

I have an AWD Limited 2020 model.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

If anyone else has experienced this, let me know.

Thanks!
Did they fix ? How ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did they fix ? How ?
Mine has not been fixed. I've had my 2020 Limited for 9 months. My wind noise is noticeable (anything above 65 MPH) when there the heater/AC is off and the radio is off, but not horrible. I tried the fix that Raggedy suggested of putting the foam in the window channels, but it did not seem to help.

During my two regular maintenance visits to the dealership, I was told that there is nothing they can do until they have a fix or guidance from Hyundai.

Seeing as several of the reviews of the 2021 Palisade mentioned wind noise as one of the few negatives, I don't think the issue has been resolved, and after this long, I doubt that there is anything Hyundai will be table to do via a TSB.

The noise isn't bad enough that I would reconsider my purchase, and assuming Hyundai fixes a few other complaints, I'm looking forward to the 2022/2023 model. With COVID and everything else going on in 2020, it looks like that there were zero structural or electronic changes to the Palisade (which makes sense for a brand new model), but the next makeover should be ver nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My hyundai Corp contact for my case told me a TSB should be rolling out again soon. They are supposed to give me an update by next week as they told me this in December before the holidays... I'm skeptical until they give me a concrete TSB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m in Florida and each state is different. They refund the full amount minus mileage plus taxes. I did not use an attorney but did threaten to do so I sent a clear and concise letter documenting all 7 trips to the dealership for the issues. Initially I was given a case number, after a few canned email responses stating the issue was resolved. I sent a terse response stating they were out of touch, failed to meet their obligations and threat legal action. About a week later I received a letter stating they are willing to buy back the vehicle and to send them all my paperwork including the contract and repair orders. About 2 days ago I received another letter detailing the financial agreement stating what I will get back. That requires it to be signed and notarized, I will be contacted again to give me the final instructions of where and when to turn the truck in and receive my check. I hope this helps.
I too am in Florida. I saw a Palisade bought back at the Dealer in Fort Walton. Was that you LOL. I am afraid that I am going to have to go through this, so if you can PM me any tips I would be thankful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, just found this forum and saw people posting about noise issues and though I'd post mine as well in case someone else has the same problem.

Just recently, maybe in the last couple of weeks, whenever I hit ~63/65 mph, it starts to sound something like being in a wind tunnel or just a dull, echo-y noise. What I noticed, though, is that if it put my arm up against the door, the leather area up by the window, and press into it, the noise stops. Pull my arm away, noise happens again.

I left my Palisade at the dealer so they could look it over and after three days in the shop the only they said they didn't notice anything. A couple days later, driving down the interstate in my area, the wind sound is back, and very, very loud. Taking back into shop today.

Thanks!
First thing call Hyundai corporate customer service and get a case started. Ask for a corporate technician to work with and guide dealer. They now say it’s the mirrors. I think it’s multiple items.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thanks!
I had the same issue. I took it to the service department at the dealership. They did something and thought the issue was fixed, but it was not. I had to take it another day; they changed something in the window and the noise went away.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've posted extensively about my wind noise experiences and fixes. I am 100% happy with solving my front door wind noise issues, but recently I noticed more wind noise than usual coming from the driver-side rear passenger door. I can hear the new wind rushes over my left ear and I know it's coming from the rear door window area.

I attacked the door seals with my foam ropes and thought I had it fixed, but it's not. I have put painters tape over the retractable window shade cavity to see if the excess wind noise is coming from that cavity.

It's hard to pinpoint wind noises!

Anyone else discovered wind noise problems with the rear doors?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I finally got a chance to do a road trip with the car I am surprised the amount of wind noise I was getting. I used the foam on the inner side of the windows base and there was no whistle noise but the road/wind noise is terrible!

I cam hear the cars going by next to me at high speed. I understand there will be some wind noise since this is not a high end luxury car but it's definitely louder than what I expected. Going to try more foam later.

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
33 Posts
I just wrote Hyundai Customer Care...again. Here is my message in the event anyone else would like to copy and send. The squeaky wheel may help our case.

Wind Noise Complaint to Hyundai Customer Care website

3/24/2021
On two occasions we have asked our dealership to address the wind noise from the drivers window/door. First on Sep 16, 2020 and next on Jan 21, 2021. At the second visit I mentioned the Hyundai Technical Bulletin #19-BD-010H addressed the issue. The service manager stated this technical bulletin was cancelled and they were waiting for Hyundai to issue a new resolution to the known issue. I am writing today to request the status of a resolution to this issue. We experience this noise every time we drive at >50MPH.
We are first time Hyundai owners and it is extremely disappointing that Hyundai has not addressed and resolved this issue. I am further concerned that on your flagship model this has not been rectified in a more timely manner.
I would appreciate an update on the status of this issue.
Sincerely,

241 - 260 of 282 Posts