Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking for the Limited model but not many dealers have them in CA. We may consider a well equipped SEL instead.
Why are Limiteds so Limited, is Hyundai testing the market to create demand? I can tell by the posts that some folks are starting to get better deals heading into the end of the year.

·
184 Posts
It isn't just California, it's all across the country. The limited has proven so popular Hyundai wasn't prepared for it
They sold twice as many world wide in the first month, Than they had planed on selling for the whole year.
Had to order mine still not going to be here till Dec.7 they tell me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hyundai predicted and planned to sell 25K Palisade's. They are on pace to sell double that number. The other miss was the ratios between trim levels. Far more Palisade buyers are opting for the limited/ultimate trim than predicted. Make sense if you think about who's attracted to the Palisade versus the Telluride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rosen Hyundai in Algonquin, Il has had at least 13 in stock for about 2 weeks. Hoping this means the price should come down a little.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also suspect that Hyundai is also trying to solve the drive shaft problems on the AWD limited before delivery, which may be slowing supply.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 limited out of 13 in stock. Pretty telling.
Yeah a bunch of dealerships have have plenty of SELs and SEs. Once you filter by Limited the story drastically changes. Hopefully Hyundai has realized by now that so far the Limited supply in no way mirrors demand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't mean 13 limiteds in stock.Sorry. I just meant that they have had plenty of Palisades in stock compared to many other dealerships.The first couple of months they couldn't keep any in stock.They usually have at least 1 limited on hand though.

·
184 Posts
yesterday there were 8 limited in a 50 mile radius from me, on hyundaiusa.com
Today there are 30. I did notice there are 7 white with beige interior, but all are FWD
A few are burgundy with beige interior but they are also all FWD. Only see 3 AWD
and they all have black interiors. Almost like they are making and shipping certain
color and drive combinations together.
Not all 30 are listed as in stock, the majority are listed as in transit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Their online inventory tracker stinks. I can look on my laptop at the inventory through their website and then on my cell phone and get different sets of inventory on both. When I was tracking the one we ordered on my phone it would always show up, but when I looked at the inventory on my laptop it would never show up. Also many of the ones that have actually been delivered and are on either dealer lots or sold still show up as in transit at times. If you do a filter on the inventory based on color etc sometimes it will show 0, but if you physically look through the inventory there will be ones with the filtered specs. I love our new Palisade, but the reliability of their inventory site is one of the worst I have seen. Ford and other manufactures are much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was expecting to pick up my Limited on Nov 22nd. I was just informed that the vehicle was damaged in transit and damage was noticed at the port. The date was moved to Dec 6th for another vehicle to arrive. Keepin my fingers crossed, no dealership in the area has a Limited with the color options that I want in stock. I am starting to reconsider other colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been shopping it since the day it came out and I finally got my hands on a Limited a few days ago. They are a bit hard to find but definitely worth it over the SEL in my opinion.

·
184 Posts
I was expecting to pick up my Limited on Nov 22nd. I was just informed that the vehicle was damaged in transit and damage was noticed at the port. The date was moved to Dec 6th for another vehicle to arrive. Keepin my fingers crossed, no dealership in the area has a Limited with the color options that I want in stock. I am starting to reconsider other colors.
Just received, from dealership, a notice that my Dec.7 delivery has been moved up to Jan.7,2020

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received, from dealership, a notice that my Dec.7 delivery has been moved up to Jan.7,2020
I recived the same notice from the dealership. I was orginally waiting on a hyper white/ black interior combo, which was pushed to Jan 7th. The dealer received a moonlight/beige interior on yesterday and I am picking it up on Friday. I was tired of waiting and was open to other color options. The beige interior is beautiful although I am leery about keeping it clean and potential stains.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same here, original shipment scheduled for December 7th, moved back to 1st or 2nd week in January.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been shopping it since the day it came out and I finally got my hands on a Limited a few days ago. They are a bit hard to find but definitely worth it over the SEL in my opinion.
The SEL with all the Packages (Premium, Convenience and Driver Guidance) comes in $5K less than the Limited and has very nearly everything the Limited does. It was not worth the extra $5K in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts