Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
We are looking to buy a Limited FWD in moonlight cloud. Currently no dealers in our area have this or seem to have one scheduled to arrive in the next few months. Is there any info on when Hyundai will catch up with demand and inventory will start to improve?
Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All,
We are looking to buy a Limited FWD in moonlight cloud. Currently no dealers in our area have this or seem to have one scheduled to arrive in the next few months. Is there any info on when Hyundai will catch up with demand and inventory will start to improve?
Thanks!
Use Hyundai's inventory search: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/inventory-search/index.aspx

I just searched in a 250 miles radius from my zip code and found 3 Limited FWD Moonlight Cloud with beige interior (you didn't specify the interior color you wanted). If you can't find one within 250 miles of your zip code, start using different zip codes, preferably 250 miles away from where you live. When you find one, ask your dealer if they'll do a dealer-swap with the other dealership. Or drive yourself there if you're willing to drive far and/or buy out of state.

Hyundai cannot make these things fast enough. They sell within hours, particularly the Limited ones. Their South Korean customers are being quoted massive wait times (several months) when they go to order one. The US is a little better because it's the #1 priority market for Hyundai, but they're still capacity-constrained. This car is made in Korea, and unions there have rejected plan to increase production (at the expense of another model, I believe). Search the news for details.

Hyundai has also been holding up cars at the ports of entry to inspect tires for flat-spots caused by the long shipping times on a cargo ship for such a heavy car. They're replacing tires where needed.

And as you may have seen on the news today or in this forum, in the News sub-forum, a Hyundai cargo ship with thousands of cars is in distress off the coast of the state of Georgia. Supposedly, the cars on that ship are bound for the Middle East but the ship was on its way to Baltimore. So who knows? But Hyundai does sell (or will son sell) the Palisade in the Middle East, so even if the cars on that ship are indeed for the Middle East, if there are any Palisades on there, it will constrain the supply even more. Link to the thread about the ship on this forum:

Good luck. This is a car in high-demand but it's not impossible to find one if you work at it. Worst case, have your dealership order you one based on what you want, but it'll take a few months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks!
Good choice on color! I have the FWD limited moonlight cloud. Love how the color looks black and blue depending on the lighting condition.
Last I heard was even in Korea, it's a minimum 9 weeks wait to receive the vehicle. I know the cars in high demand, and would suggest waiting till your local dealer has it in stock. Your going to love the vehicle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Apparently it's not just the Paliasde, Hyundai SUVs across the board are in high demand. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-04/labor-day-made-car-retailing-easy-in-august-auto-sales-update
Hyundai Hops Firmly Onto SUV Bandwagon
Hyundai Motor Co.’s namesake brand has long been better known for cheap-and-cheerful passenger cars. No more.

During the first two full months of sales for its new three-row model, the Palisade, SUVs have become a solid majority of Hyundai’s U.S. deliveries. Total sales increased 12% last month driven by a record August for its SUV lineup.

Hyundai is “working hard to increase dealer inventory to satisfy the tremendous demand” for the Palisade, Randy Parker, vice president of national sales for the company’s U.S. unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts