Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to fueling your Palisade, which fuel grade do you prefer? Does everyone stick with regular 87 octane gas, or do your prefer premium?

From my understanding there isn't a big difference in performance or fuel economy between regular/premium gas, but I'm curious to see if anyone has noticed anything with their Palisade?

·
Registered
51 Posts
When it comes to fueling your Palisade, which fuel grade do you prefer? Does everyone stick with regular 87 octane gas, or do your prefer premium?

From my understanding there isn't a big difference in performance or fuel economy between regular/premium gas, but I'm curious to see if anyone has noticed anything with their Palisade?

87 octane. I do however, select a gas station that advertises top Tier gasoline.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look up top tier gas companies on google and go to one of those and just use 87 regular. If the engine is not designed to make use of the higher octane gas such as 89 or 93 etc, there is absolutely no benefit. The top tier gases have more detergents in them than other gas stations and that over time will make a difference in keeping your engine running stronger, cleaner and efficient.

Somewhere in the front of the palisade manual in mentions using top tier gasoline and advises to use an approved fuel system cleaner i beleive every 3,000 miles if you do not consistently use top tier gasoline

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's very true a lot has to do with which company you fill up with. Is there a particular gas company that you like to use? I usually go to Shell for my gas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use shell most often since it is close to me. I also use BP and surprisingly I get Costco gas whenever I go there. Not sure if you have a Costco near you or belong to one, but they are actually known for having very high quality top tier gas. Quite honestly, as long as the fuel station is rated as "top tier" I would not worry at all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use shell most often since it is close to me. I also use BP and surprisingly I get Costco gas whenever I go there. Not sure if you have a Costco near you or belong to one, but they are actually known for having very high quality top tier gas. Quite honestly, as long as the fuel station is rated as "top tier" I would not worry at all.
There is a Costco near me but to be honest I've never used it for filling up with gas. I had no idea they had good quality gas.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Car engines are designed to run on a specific octane rating. As an example I have a 2015 Toyota Tundra with the V8 engine and it requires only 87 octane. I have a 2006 Lexus LS430 V8 that requires 92 octane or better. Both cars run excellently with their specified octane. The Palisade requires 87 octane and is tuned and programmed to run optimally at the octane rating. I use Sam's Club fuel for all by vehicles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a Costco near me but to be honest I've never used it for filling up with gas. I had no idea they had good quality gas.
I use cost co gas its top tier gas plus its the most newest gas you can get think about this how often at costco do you see tankers filling up the costco tanks almost every other hour that means it does not sit in a holding tank very long. i fill up my 03 range rover and07 jeep Cherokee 2020 palisade there best bang for buck an good quality

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use cost co gas its top tier gas plus its the most newest gas you can get think about this how often at costco do you see tankers filling up the costco tanks almost every other hour that means it does not sit in a holding tank very long. i fill up my 03 range rover and07 jeep Cherokee 2020 palisade there best bang for buck an good quality
That's very true, I never considered that either with Costco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts