Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. The point of the matter is that, if this feature or features are already available in older and less expensive vehicles, then you would think that the engineers and designers at Hyundai would have already incorporated them in the Palisade. Power folding mirrors, heated seats (programmable and available during remote start), excessive wind noise from certain parts of the vehicle. These are BIG DEALS when you are buying a flagship vehicle. These are not "first world" issues at this point in time. These are ELEMENTARY.
Wind noise, absolutely.

The rest, no. I agree they would be nice to have, but these are not elementary features. They're nice-to-have conveniences that many others do not offer (even if some do). At this price point, the value offered by Hyundai is unbeatable. But Hyundai isn't Mercedes. That means some compromises have to be made. I'm satisfied with what Hyundai offers, even if it's missing a few convenience features. I'm more concerned about the buttons that are not lit on the rear view mirrors and roof controls than being able to turn the seat heaters on.

I respectfully suggest that you consider a more luxurious and expensive vehicle if you want all the possible bells and whistles. Hyundai may not be for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You sound like a Hyundai employee from the tenor of retorts. You so easily dismiss something that a regular Joe Blo like me is trying to point out as lacking in a vehicle at this price point, when in fact these features have been present in less expensive and less "glamorous" vehicles than the Palisade, way, way back. Was it too much for me to expect that from a FLAGSHIP / TOP OF THE LINE VEHICLE that I own??? Nuff said and thank you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
trying to point out as lacking in a vehicle at this price point
Much of the competition is lacking these features at the same price point when discussing the same class of vehicle. My wife's Honda Passport (which is basically just a Pilot, so the direct competitor) with an MSRP withing about $1000 of my Palisade is missing these and A LOT of other features that the Palisade has.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You sound like a Hyundai employee from the tenor of retorts. You so easily dismiss something that a regular Joe Blo like me is trying to point out as lacking in a vehicle at this price point, when in fact these features have been present in less expensive and less "glamorous" vehicles than the Palisade, way, way back. Was it too much for me to expect that from a FLAGSHIP / TOP OF THE LINE VEHICLE that I own??? Nuff said and thank you.
So because I disagree with you, I am an industry plant all of a sudden? Typical response from someone who doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

And if I was, why did I state that I am more concerned with the lack of lighting on some of the switches? Guess you didn’t read the whole post...

Fact is, your assertion that everyone else offers heated seats that can be turned on remotely via app, and at a cheaper price point, isn’t true. Your assertion that it’s been a feature since “way, way back” is also not true. So perhaps, you could stop exaggerating and be a little more reasonable.

As to your assertion that it’s elementary, maybe take 2 seconds to think about how this works. All cars have to have a cellular modem, the car has to be able to talk to it, Hyundai has to have a software team to design and support an app that runs on multiple platforms, and there is cost to sending data over cellular networks (they give you 3 years free, remember?). None of this is elementary or simple.

Their tech is not perfect for sure, and there’s room to offer suggestion and criticism. But to claim that the absence of this feature is giving you buyer’s remorse is ludicrous. You’re ignoring everything else the car has to offer, and the fact that it gets you all that at a cheaper price point than the competition. As I said before, this is Hyundai, not Mercedes. You’re going to have to accept that there are compromises. This is one of them. Deal with it, sell the car, or provide constructive feedback to Hyundai. These rants that Hyundai sucks and therefore you regret buying the car don’t help and are ridiculous.

Just so we’re clear: your criticisms would be a lot more valid if you didn’t wildly exaggerate what the competition offers and the impact it has on you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Let’s start with a list of cars that are within 5k dollars of the Palisade that offers remote starting and climate control including turning on the seat heaters or fans.
From there we can compare other features to see if Hyundai truly is lacking in feature content for the price point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Let’s start with a list of cars that are within 5k dollars of the Palisade that offers remote starting and climate control including turning on the seat heaters or fans.
From there we can compare other features to see if Hyundai truly is lacking in feature content for the price point.
I don't know of any other cars that have near the technology that the Pali or Teluride have and that are semi-autonomous, and have two rows of heated and air cooled seats. Sure it would be a little nicer if the seats heated up but since I can now control the heat temp with my phone and have a heated steering wheel, I am cool with that. If you read any of the dozens of car review for the 2020 or 2021 mid size SUV's all of the experts rave about the amount of features and value you get with the Pali/Teluride compared to the competition which is $10-$20K higher for basic models. That's why these two SUV's took 1st & 2nd place for Car of the Year.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts