Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
165 Posts
Android auto will spontaneously disconnect after working just fine for 30 min.
Try a different cable. I had this issue before the Palisade and at first was thinking that it can't possibly be a cable issue. Then got another one and all disconnecting and not responding issues went away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I read the dip stick after the car sits for two hours -> just below the lower dot on the stick. Start the car, run for 20 seconds - just below the upper dot on the stick. about an inch difference. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ON ANY CAR!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi my name is Nick and I am new to the forum. The major mistake that I made when I bought his car was that I did not take it out for a test/demo drive. My wife and I saw it on TV and we fell in love with it instantly. Woe to both if us. I experienced buyer's remorse as soon as I picked up the vehicle. The side mirrors do not "power" fold in or out (should have been standard for a vehicle with this price) and the heated seats do not heat up until you sit on it. Go figure. What then is the use for this option? I do not know if this is true for all the others; but that was what the sales rep told me when I first tried it out. Can anybody give me a feedback on this please, because I really find it odd that the seats don't heat up when nobody is actually ON them. And then, there is this terrible wind noise when you're driving. Hasn't anybody at the Hyundai R & D figured out a FIX for this issue? And then there is the technical issue regarding the BCW (Blind spot Collision Warning system), where the system disables this feature while driving. My vehicle is now with the dealer for the second time in two months to try to fix the exact same issue. Also, it would be worth noting that the engine sounds relatively louder than the Sant Fe that just took me home from from the dealership. Hmmm. Anyway, my pet peeve really is the issue of the heated seats. Can somebody give me any feedback if this is true for your Palisade too. That the seats do not actually heat up if nobody is seating on them. Thank you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have not heard of that issue. My wife is the only one that uses the heated seat feature and she is normally in the passenger seat so when turns it on she is already seated. I also use the ventilated setting. I do know that unlike my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I had when I executed a remote start the driver's seat would turn on according to the outside temp (cool for summer and heat for winter). I miss that feature in my Limited.

·
Registered
211 Posts
After further reflection I do remember turn on the heat on the passenger seat prior to her getting in vehicle. And if I remember correctly she was happy that I

·
Registered
672 Posts
1) Folding mirrors - we get that one a lot.
2) Heated seat = Salesman BS
3) Blindspot issue = stay after that one....don’t give up

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
58 Posts
I had the G90 with the power door close assist. I miss that feature. It is so nice being able to close the door quietly.

Most cars could improve door closing ease with software; either crack all the windows automatically when a door is opened, and then close the windows when the last door closes, or have the computer reverse the interior blower while a door is open and until the last door closes. This would create a vacuum and make the doors close so much more quietly, instead of them having to close with the force to overcome the latch spring and gaskets, which is minimal, plus overcome the pressure created when closing a door rapidly on a nearly sealed system.

-power adjust on the steering wheel.
-percentage adjust with navigation volume....if navigation is at 90% of master volume when at level 15, then navigation volume should be at 90% when master volume is at 35 too. Navigation volume is a train wreck when jamming to tunes!
-get rid of the hotel window sunroof and let that thing go back the whole way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another thing I don’t like is the camera views in the instrument cluster. I can’t for life of me get them worked into my driving repertoire.

I don’t think it is me either. It is too far for the eyes to travel, especially when the side mirrors are still on the the vehicle.

Solution:
  1. get rid of the expensive side mirrors.
  2. Give everyone an expanded HUD with savings from not needing two side mirrors.
  3. Put the dashboard camera views in the HUD instead of the instrumentwhen the blinker is activated.
  4. Upgrade the camera tech where the mirrors were faster and higher resolution.
The insurance industry will get rid of a highly replaced part, sideview mirrors.

We will get a more natural blindspot view with more clarity and they should save some money in the process and everyone gets a HUD as standard equipment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm pretty sure US regulations require side mirrors, but I'm not an expert.
I think your right, but they are on the cusp of changing the regs with self driving technology.

I am sure the auto-industry and insurance industry could get that changed in a heartbeat if they wanted. You aren’t getting rid of mirrors anyway, just digitizing them.

and thing of the of the reduced drag and decrease in wind noise too.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think your right, but they are on the cusp of changing the regs with self driving technology.

I am sure the auto-industry and insurance industry could get that changed in a heartbeat if they wanted. You aren’t getting rid of mirrors anyway, just digitizing them.

and thing of the of the reduced drag and decrease in wind noise too.
Oh I agree. I’d like to see them allow matrix and laser headlights too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the G90 with the power door close assist. I miss that feature. It is so nice being able to close the door quietly.

Most cars could improve door closing ease with software; either crack all the windows automatically when a door is opened, and then close the windows when the last door closes, or have the computer reverse the interior blower while a door is open and until the last door closes. This would create a vacuum and make the doors close so much more quietly, instead of them having to close with the force to overcome the latch spring and gaskets, which is minimal, plus overcome the pressure created when closing a door rapidly on a nearly sealed system.

-power adjust on the steering wheel.
-percentage adjust with navigation volume....if navigation is at 90% of master volume when at level 15, then navigation volume should be at 90% when master volume is at 35 too. Navigation volume is a train wreck when jamming to tunes!
-get rid of the hotel window sunroof and let that thing go back the whole way.
I was just wondering about the sunroof today when I noticed it didn't go back all the way like my Kia Sorento does. I thought it might be an issue that I had to take to the dealer to look at. I guess this answers my question about the sunroof. That is dumb that it doesn't go all the way back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think your salesman fed you inaccurate information regarding the seat heaters.
i might not phrased it the right way. But it is true that the seats won't heat up when you are not in the vehicle because YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY TURN IT ON ! It defaults to the OFF position when you turn off the ignition. For 1. You cannot turn it ON remotely with your key fob because there is no pre-set mode on the "climate feature" to heat the seats when you remote start. Second, there is NO way of setting it on BluLink either. It is kinda stupid that the "heated seat" feature is not on there. you're only able to turn the defrosters on and set the temperature. My daughter's 2015 Cherokee Sport does the job. You can pre-set the "climate feature" and the seat is toasty when you sit on it, after remotely starting the vehicle.
I think your salesman fed you inaccurate information regarding the seat heaters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i might not phrased it the right way. But it is true that the seats won't heat up when you are not in the vehicle because YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY TURN IT ON ! It defaults to the OFF position when you turn off the ignition. For 1. You cannot turn it ON remotely with your key fob because there is no pre-set mode on the "climate feature" to heat the seats when you remote start. Second, there is NO way of setting it on BluLink either. It is kinda stupid that the "heated seat" feature is not on there. you're only able to turn the defrosters on and set the temperature. My daughter's 2015 Cherokee Sport does the job. You can pre-set the "climate feature" and the seat is toasty when you sit on it, after remotely starting the vehicle.
Can somebody show or tell me how to turn on the heated seats feature with remote start or BluLink. PLEASE and THANK YOU.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My point exactly. Thank you, Eric. Thus the cause of my "buyer's remorse". A vehicle worth this much should have features as elementary as this.
I’m going to disagree. It would be nice to have, but that’s nowhere near enough to justify buyer’s remorse. Many manufacturers don’t even offer apps to start your car remotely, never mind turning the heated seats on. This isn’t an “elementary” feature in my opinion. It’s a bit of a first-world problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. The point of the matter is that, if this feature or features are already available in older and less expensive vehicles, then you would think that the engineers and designers at Hyundai would have already incorporated them in the Palisade. Power folding mirrors, heated seats (programmable and available during remote start), excessive wind noise from certain parts of the vehicle. These are BIG DEALS when you are buying a flagship vehicle. These are not "first world" issues at this point in time. These are ELEMENTARY.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts