Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the display on the dash that shows the view from the blind spot camera when you put your blinker on. I'm loving the limited edition Palisade that we purchased last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I echo the comments about the ride and the interior trim being top notch (at least in the Ltd). With that being said, here are the features/fixes I wish it had:
1 - recognize each key fob to a specific driver 1 or 2 setting. Our 2014 Odyssey did this and it was great. The seats and mirrors would automatically adjust based on which key unlocked the door.
2 - illuminate all buttons. I’m an infrequent driver of this car and i always struggle trying to find the dome light. Why didn’t Hyundai illuminate all buttons, dials and switches?
3 - auto steering - this still needs a lot of work. I find the car hugs the center line too closely and is constantly bouncing off the white line. Also, there’s no warning sound or haptic when the auto steering feature deactivates (it gets confused sometimes and goes from green to white).
4 - Third row has no individual reading lights - only the one dome light at the back lift gate which is difficult to have on when driving
5 - allow camera view in park

Here are one or two hacks I’ve done or discovered:
1 - map the star button on the entertainment panel to open CarPlay
2 - you don’t have to shift the car into park, you can just turn it off and it will automatically shift to park and apply the brake if on an incline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
oh, gotcha...also have you noticed the awful wind noise with these mirrors, mine actually hums when I get up to speed 45+
Just purchased mines three days ago and I've noticed the wind noise and whistling noise from from driver window. Its loud once I reach speeds of 70mph.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a fully loaded SEL with the Convenience, Premium and Drivers Guidance packages and would have gotten a Limited if they had a bench seat option for 2nd row but since they dont, that was a deal breaker for me with two under 2 yrs old.

For me a few things that bother me:
  • The audio controls for each different "channel" such as radio, onboard nav, android auto media and android auto nav are all independent of each other so if its night time and I want all of the volumes to turn down, turning the knob only controls that one channel and not the master volume of system. What ends up happening is that if turn down the music in Android auto to something quieter and then pull out my phone from the USB port (such as if its unresponsive or phone crashes or something) then the radio will then default to start playing and be very loud as it was set to the original volume. I know that you can adjust the volumes of the different channels in the system settings, but like I said, it seems that these are all independent of each other and not in relation to each other with the volume knob controlling the master volume which is what I would prefer.
  • Rear speakers on standard audio system (non Ltd) seem pretty weak and in order to hear them and have the sound more centered in the car, then I need to adjust the fade to be slightly rear biased. The front tweeters seem weak which makes listening to podcasts at a lower volume a little hard to hear. Maybe I am just getting older and losing my hearing :p
  • I have the wind noise issue and I know that there is a TSB out for it. I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago and they claimed that they could not reproduce it and were saying the noise was coming from the air box which is "normal". I know 100% that its not normal and for whatever reason they refused to do the TSB fix despite me telling them how to recreate the problem. I think what ended up happening is that the tech couldn't get the car up to the correct speed and just claimed that it was a normal noise even though he didn't hear anything. I will bring it back to the dealer within the next two weeks and I have video proof of the noise while driving. To confirm for everyone though, I only hear whistling when driving 70+ MPH and with the fresh air setting at more than 3/4 speed. If recirc is on, then the noise goes away. For me it sounds pretty clearly to be coming from the B pillar area.
  • Door light buttons arent illuminated like others have mentioned. I think I might put some glow in the dark stickers on it or something. Also no reading light in 3rd row but this one probably isnt going to affect me much as we wont use the 3rd row that often
  • Android auto for me has been crashing a lot lately with an error message that says "Phone not responding". I am not sure if its a problem with my phone, the car or the cable and will need to do more tests to confirm. I have a Pixel 2 XL. My wife has a OnePlus 6 and for some reason that phone wont work with Android Auto at all despite her phone being up to date. Need to test this out more since I drive the car most of the time. I did have a friend try out Car Play and man does it seem way better in terms of UI and organization. We dont have many Apple products in our family though so will be sticking with Android.
  • Climate control on auto seems to work in a strange manner - when setting on auto at like 74 degrees, it seems like once the cabin gets to temp, it will continue to blow cold/cool air instead of warm air. I haven't verified the temp of air coming out using an IR thermometer so dont know if this is just psychological or not. When you set it on manual mode, then the temp seems to be consistent with what you want e.g. warm air blowing when set to 74. My wife complains about this one a lot and keeps defaulting to turning off the climate control system completely and then turning it back on when it gets cold in the car. I have defaulted to setting a slightly higher cabin temp than I normally would if I am using Auto.
  • This one really bothers me and I think its a design flaw - you can open the driver side door when the doors are locked by pulling on the handle. However, the rest of the doors are still locked so when I go to open the 2nd row doors to get my daughter out from the passenger side car seat, the doors wont open and then I have to go back around to the driver side to unlock the door by opening it up and unlocking from the inside control (yes, you can open the door from front passenger side or drivers side using the exterior door handle button if no other doors are open by locking and unlocking using the door handle button, but you need to have the keys in pocket. If the trunk is open, then you cant use the button and need to use the key fob or interior controls instead). I think this is a design flaw because when the doors are locked, you expect that the doors wont open from the inside but since you can override that using the inside door handle, you forget that the rest of the car is locked. Maybe I am just dumb for not remembering, but this has happened a bunch of times already to me and its pretty annoying.
  • Remote start from key fob or from Bluelink works great, but if you open ANY other doors besides the drivers side, then the car will shut off after a short period of time (I think its something like 10-15 seconds). This is annoying if I am prewarming the car for my daughter and go to load her in after its warmed up (or if a family member is doing that) and then the car shuts off. This one will take some adjustment since that just means you need to open the drivers side door first before you open anything else.
  • Glove box doesnt seem to have a lock
Things I do love about the car:
  • Drives very smooth and the car has a good amount of power to overtake. I haven't loaded up the car fully and dont plan on towing but have had 5 passengers without any issues. I have been averaging about 25 MPG on highway driving @ 75 MPH when its about 35 degrees outside and interior temp set to 74. I did get around 26 MPG on a 300 mile road trip during Thanksgiving weekend and I think it was around the same outside temp. This is based on the trip computer looking at the last A to B trip. In terms of overall MPG using how much gas is filled divided by miles driven, I have been averaging 22.19 MPG over 1500 miles driven. This is probably due to the cold weather and idling to warm up the car.
  • Safety features are really nice. I have used the HDA/Smart Cruise for road trips and it makes the journey much more pleasant. However, I get a little paranoid about the automation when traffic gets more to a start and stop pace and just switch the cruise control off. I dont like how it accelerates and brakes much more aggressively compared to how I would normally drive. I havent tried if changing the drive mode from Smart to something like Eco would help in that situation since I leave the car in Smart mode all the time.
  • Lots of storage options in the front. I dont like the driver and passenger side door cup holders though and think they are too small to be that functional. I guess they are designed to hold a small plastic water bottle but when I am on a long road trip, I like to have several different water bottles with me including a coffee thermos.
  • Love the 2nd row built in shades which is good for keeping the kids shaded from the sun

·
Registered
442 Posts
Kdawg you can go to door settings and change to one push unlock all doors, was making me crazy before.

On Audio if you tried the quiet setting?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kdawg you can go to door settings and change to one push unlock all doors, was making me crazy before.

On Audio if you tried the quiet setting?
I will have to look at the door unlock settings again. I know there is an auto door unlock when you shift to park, but I dont want to enable that for general paranoia/safety reasons from growing up in a city. Is that what you are referring to?

As for the Quiet Setting, this doesn't quite do what I want - As far as I can tell, it will limit the volume of audio sources and redirect the sound to mostly in the front (I will need to do more testing to see if sound is coming from rear speakers when this is enabled). It doesn't address the main issue of the different sound channels being independent vs being controlled by a master volume which is what I would prefer. What ends up happening is that over time the different channels get all over the place with respect to each other and then when adjusting volume during day vs night vs when I am alone vs with sleeping kids so its just a game of constantly adjusting volume. I have noticed that you can adjust the different channel sources on the fly with the volume knob but you need to do that while the audio source is playing. Example is if built in Nav is telling you a direction, you have to adjust volume knob as its talking to change that source. Then when say the Radio is playing after the Nav finishes speaking its directions, you would only be able to adjust the Radio volume. My ideal scenario would be to adjust all the different channels with respect to each other to my preference, then have the volume knob adjust only the master. Then I can crank up the tunes when I am alone vs with kids. Then when enabling Quiet Mode, only direct sound to the driver front side so that all other speakers are off or very low volume (or maybe be able to customize what this setting does). When we go on road trips the wife is usually sleeping in front passenger side so this would be to not disturb her. The other solution that I use in my other cars which are 10+ yrs old and dont even have Bluetooth is to wear my noise cancelling headset which is paired to my phone. That way I can enable the ambient noise option to hear stuff happening in the cabin and blast whatever music/podcast/audio book I want. However, this seems like a silly solution when the Palisade has android auto and all these nice tech features.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Under Door settings are controls for whether 1 push or 2 for all doors unlock. While this may seem like a trite difference it very time sensitive with too fast and slow which invariably means you have locked all the doors or only unlocked drivers door.

Indeeed this is a safety feature as well so only drivers door is open. In practice though the feature was infuriating. My success rate never got over 50 percent. Especially when my wife and i were “trying to help” each with our own Fob touching the door handle button .

The setting can be changed from Fob to but easier to see feature under settings and know for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Road noise on drivers side, SEL..headlights projection has dark smudges, back up camera is absolutely AWFUL! Very fuzzy, especially at night, no weather conditions.
I too do not like the blind spot projection in the head lights. I hope Hyundai will recogonize this as not a good idea and have a recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear door handles have no lock/unlock button!!!

As a parent, every single time I approach the car with my kids, I reach for the rear door handle first. What I do not get, is WHY couldn't the car have a button to lock/unlock the rear doors directly just like the front doors. Similar mechanism would have been great, detect the fob in my pocket and let me press it to unlock. But now without that option, I have to either manually unlock the doors using the key fob while approaching the vehicle(more often than not this is inconvenient with my hands full with stuff and the kids) OR I have to reach for the front door buttons to unlock again inconvenient. First car I've owned that doesn't have a way to lock/unlock the rear doors directly.

This seems like a gross design oversight, unless I'm being really dumb and have missed some fundamental solution here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if there is a setting I can change but when i remote start the car and then unlock it, the car re-locks itself if i don't get out there within a minute. Is that something that can be changed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love the Pali but wish the memory seat/mirrors/audio station etc... would be recognized by the fob upon unlocking/disarming.
Power telescoping steering wheel would've been cool then tied to above statement with key fob.
Ambient lighting accents on the front dash....
More ponies would be nice but got other cars for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oil Consumption:

I got really got scared every time I checked the oil. For example, I was 1/2 way to the next oil change and we were going on a 72 km trek. Well, before we left, the dipstick read 'just above' the lower 'add' point and when I checked it after the short trip; the level was just 'below' the add point. This was driving me nuts.

I never have seen this in a car or truck before. I always like checking the oil after the vehicle has rested for some time like overnight. Then I don't have to get a rag and whip the dipstick.

I went to the dealer and they checked the oil (soon after I arrived at the dealer) and they showed me it was basically 'full'.

The manual says to start the car, let it run up to temperature, turn it off, wait 5 minutes and then check the oil level. How can the oil drop down over time?

I thought I was using oil at the rate of a quart plus between changes.

I still don't quite believe what I've seen, but you out there can help. The next time you go to use your car after it has sat there a number of hours, check the oil. After you get home, check the oil again and tell me if there is a difference. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts