Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Palisade is at the top of my list right now but I'm still unsure about the reliability. The NHTSA site shows a lot of complaints.

What issues still exist even now in the new models? Have Hyundai found a permanent fix for the wind issues?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have any issues with our 21 Calligraphy. Apparently there is a fix for wind noise...dealer should have info.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
The Palisade is at the top of my list right now but I'm still unsure about the reliability. The NHTSA site shows a lot of complaints.

What issues still exist even now in the new models? Have Hyundai found a permanent fix for the wind issues?
I’ve only had my 2022 for 7 days but no issues with wind noise or anything else. I have some complaints with the tech and how it works but nothing else - in fact we went downtown on Friday for dinner - I like to open the windows on a nice day when not on the freeway - we were waiting at a stop light so I opened it up - Bam - I heard the LOUD crowd and music at the bar next to me - It was really loud - I closed the window and heard almost nothing - I was so impressed - The MKz I traded couldn’t compare.

After reviewing the complaints it appears the largest number of complaints revolve around the windshield. I have to see what happens - The odds are I’ll eventually take a pebble in the windshield. Never fails -

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’ve only had my 2022 for 7 days but no issues with wind noise or anything else. I have some complaints with the tech and how it works but nothing else - in fact we went downtown on Friday for dinner - I like to open the windows on a nice day when not on the freeway - we were waiting at a stop light so I opened it up - Bam - I heard the LOUD crowd and music at the bar next to me - It was really loud - I closed the window and heard almost nothing - I was so impressed - The MKz I traded couldn’t compare.

After reviewing the complaints it appears the largest number of complaints revolve around the windshield. I have to see what happens - The odds are I’ll eventually take a pebble in the windshield. Never fails -
You hit the two headed nail on both heads. The silence is partially the result of acoustic glass absorbing the sound energy rather than passing it through. Searching acoustic glass on the web shows a number of different makes and complaints about windshield cracking. I don't think the cracks are unique to the Palisade. On my last two new cars, I have had stone drill chips turn into cracks that needed replacement without acoustic glass. One was at two weeks old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my '21 Palisade since mid-July and have had no problems. No wind noise issue and I've done several trips with it already, at highway speeds. One buzzing noise in the driver's side window frame only when certain low base sounds are coming from the radio but haven't heard that either lately.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
369 Posts
Well let's see, what major affects affect the new model?

1. Enjoyment
2. Happiness
3. Satisfaction
4. Comfort
5. Smiles

Did I leave any out?
Well stated! It's a great vehicle, not perfect; but perfect for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
57 complaints vs. 57,000 units sold in 2021. So 1 out of every 1,000 owners complains. And mostly about random stuff, from highway vibration to "cut my leg on the door edge".

The only clear trend involves windshield fragility, a lingering problem for this model. But even that does not affect most owners, and when it does it's a relatively easy fix that's covered by insurance.

And that's about as good as cars get.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Had my 2021 calligraphy since January with no wind noise,bad smells, or any other issues. Just love it as much as the day I picked it up, keeps a smile on my face even after 11,000 miles!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just received my recall notice yesterday from Hyundai to address the wind noise on the drivers side. They are replacing the belt seal and some other ones on the side view mirror. I only get the wind noise when driving over 65 mph and the winds at a yaw (diagonal) to the car.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
135 Posts
Still very new but no issues that others have noted so far. No smells, wind noise, vibration, etc. Hoping it continues to be nothing but a pleasure.

·
Registered
6 Posts

My 2020 Palisade Limited has had a cracked windshield from a rock and flat tire since I picked it up 2 years ago. Several long trips and many trips to the lumber later, I’m stIll totally satisfied. I took seven people (only two kids) to Disneyland and everyone had plenty of room, jacks for their electronic devices, cup holders, and comfortable seats. So glad I got this!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had my 2021 since March, no issues with wind noise or smells. I do have the weird rubbing noise sometimes when turning the steering wheel (described by others and a fix is known), I just haven't taken the time to get it in yet. We've taken several long road trips, the back seat room and tech connections were a big hit with our passengers (adults). No regrets on this purchase.

·
Registered
135 Posts
II do have one complaint on my new 2022 Calligraphy, road noise from the tires. Might not even bother waiting for them to wear out before replacing them with Pirelli Scorpions. I’ve had great luck with them in the past from all aspects. Other than that one complaint and a few WTF’s, for example no folding mirrors, it’s a fantastic vehicle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are a few but still a great vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy
2 Posts
I have minor wind noise in my 2022 Calligraphy. It happens at exactly 40 mph and goes away around 60. It sounds like a leak/hiss behind my left ear. It's very minor though and you'd never hear it with the radio on.

The bitch is I tested it pre-sale on the freeway knowing full well about the issue, heard nothing so I bought the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts