Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the lock button do in the middle of the drive mode knob? I cannot find this in the owner's manual. It does not discuss it in the drive mode knob section.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It locks the center differential, manually overriding the system to be full time AWD at low speeds. It's discussed on page 5-44 of the US owners manual. (It's not in the Canadian owners manual)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much saxman242. I was looking at 5-55 thinking it would be discussed there.
There isn't a way to turn off the auto AWD is there? Want to make sure I haven't deactivated that somehow while playing with the settings.. :O :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks so much saxman242. I was looking at 5-55 thinking it would be discussed there.
There isn't a way to turn off the auto AWD is there? Want to make sure I haven't deactivated that somehow while playing with the settings.. :O :D
You can turn off the auto AWD by locking the center diff, but it'll kick back into auto AWD if you go over 25 mph. I don't believe there's a way to lock it into only FWD though, if that's what your concern is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts