Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the pre-production videos, (I'd post a link here but I can't since I'm new,) the Palisade is shown with 3 headlights in each headlight cluster, but shipping versions only have 2 headlights in each cluster. So I'm guessing the 3rd was a fog light that didn't make it to final production. Anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
In the pre-production videos, (I'd post a link here but I can't since I'm new,) the Palisade is shown with 3 headlights in each headlight cluster, but shipping versions only have 2 headlights in each cluster. So I'm guessing the 3rd was a fog light that didn't make it to final production. Anyone have any info on this?
It is available on models sold in South Korea. So it did make it to production. Just not to the US. It’s unclear to me whether it’s a fog light or a dynamic light that turns with the steering wheel (which is something Hyundai does offer on some vehicles).

If someone reads Korean and can get a hold of the Korean user manual, I’d love to know.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
From what I read recently in another article, the 3rd light is indeed a fog light.
Well that's interesting, because the Korean manual simply calls it "headlight". But that's according to Google Translate, so that might be wrong and you might be right. Can you share where you read that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw a Korean video that explained the lights, no fog lights. They illuminate the top two lamps for low beam and all three for high beam. The top two must be projected in a way that lights up the road more uniformly. U.S. regulations may have ruled out the three light setup.

I think it was one of the Palisade videos up on YouTube from Asian Petrolhead.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
224 Posts
Has anyone questioned fog lights as the biggest, most over hyped scam, right up there with toilet paper?

Put the fog light money towards better headlight technologies any day of the week, and give me a $25 bidet seat attachment over TP any day of the week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So has anyone added fog lights to their Palisade?
I have added some fog lights to my Palisade, I have a relay switch that connects by splicing into a extension cable in the left low beam head light. (Technically it comes on with the head light and not just the park lights, so I guess it’s technically not a Fog light) the reason why I did this was so that my wife would be able to simply use it with out having to worry about adding an interior switch that you manually press and accidentally leave on when you walk away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have added some fog lights to my Palisade, I have a relay switch that connects by splicing into a extension cable in the left low beam head light. (Technically it comes on with the head light and not just the park lights, so I guess it’s technically not a Fog light) the reason why I did this was so that my wife would be able to simply use it with out having to worry about adding an interior switch that you manually press and accidentally leave on when you walk away.
Sounds cool. Please post some pictures!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
646 Posts
Does that do anything for assisting in seeing anything. I'm finding the regular lights pretty good for lighting the way. I do not have LED's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a picture that I have saved, They seem to help with casting light out and highlighting the lines the road better. I have the base SEL with the non LED headlights but I added my own LED bulbs mixed in with these as well.

They work and help and I also wanted to add some character to the car because where I live these cars are everywhere.

These lights and the K&N air filter is the only thing that I have done to the car that is aftermarket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone questioned fog lights as the biggest, most over hyped scam, right up there with toilet paper?

Put the fog light money towards better headlight technologies any day of the week, and give me a $25 bidet seat attachment over TP any day of the week.
I have used bidets my whole life,even ones I rigged myself and still my guests are surprised when they see bidets their minds are blown like it was released yesterday

·
Registered
646 Posts
Here is a picture that I have saved, They seem to help with casting light out and highlighting the lines the road better. I have the base SEL with the non LED headlights but I added my own LED bulbs mixed in with these as well.

They work and help and I also wanted to add some character to the car because where I live these cars are everywhere.

These lights and the K&N air filter is the only thing that I have done to the car that is aftermarket.

View attachment 3034
How much of a difference did the LED's make, did you do both high and low beams and what ones did you get? Would you get the same ones again

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much of a difference did the LED's make, did you do both high and low beams and what ones did you get? Would you get the same ones again
Fog (extra low beam) lights work great I feel that I could have gotten a better brand of light maybe like the ridgid brand but I was on a basic budget and wanted to even see if I would like how they looked.

I do like how they look and they provide extra safe light for my family and I as we race across town.

I only have replaced the low beam, I ordered LED bulbs for the High beam but I was stuck do to it needing a special adapter to fit in the high beam location with the twist lock. (I’ve seen adapters but I don’t know which ones to get and also I have fat hands that already don’t fit down in those tight areas)

I am currently using Hikari LED bulbs from Amazon as my low beam. I will probably go with the Mori-motos next when these burn out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I tried to put in Low beams but couldn't get my hands in there to put them in. I may swap out both high and lows when I change the grill next spring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to put in Low beams but couldn't get my hands in there to put them in. I may swap out both high and lows when I change the grill next spring.
If it is in your budget you might be able to just buy the LED High/Low housing since you are going through the trouble of changing out the whole front grill.

Are you getting a new grill or replacing your old one because it got chipped and bubbled up? Mine did that and I was able to get it replaced by hyundai.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts