Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some Savini SV-F2 gloss graphite rims but wanted to see if you guys knew anything about this brand. Sick looking rims but not sure if they are any good for the price they are. Any feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They appear to be big, expensive forged wheels. They're probably fantastic wheels and totally overkill for a non-performance oriented vehicle like the Palisade.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$3700? I think you are a little high. I’m only looking at about 2300 plus Lexani tires and just shy of $3k. Still not cheap by any means but trying to find another brand that has a similar look and color all I come up with are Asanti ABL-21 Leo. They are a matte grey but are heavier and not quite the color. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a 100% sold on the Savini. Discount Tire let me order a blank not drilled yet to verify color and if I don’t like can return no issue. Again only ordered one to verify color because I can’t find anyone in town to see them in person. Same goes for Asanti. I was thinking about the Road Force 22” you see on Audiocity website but again not a fan of the color. I’m more wondering though if anyone knows about the brand in general. I just saw a video for Savini from a recent car show they did and they seem pretty legit but don’t know much other than that. I do agree on the over kill for a palisade but it’s more for the look. Don’t splurge much on anything so figured why not for some rims. If I ever sell the car I can keep the rims as the palisade has a pretty common bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Keep in mind that for the price of those wheels, you could likely buy a more reasonably priced set whose shape you like, powder coat them any color, and still come out ahead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking to get some Savini SV-F2 gloss graphite rims but wanted to see if you guys knew anything about this brand. Sick looking rims but not sure if they are any good for the price they are. Any feedback is appreciated
I checked them out on Cardid and entered the data for the 2020 Palisade and received a noticed that they did not fit the Palisade. I would double check before you purchase them. They are good looking rims.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked them out on Cardid and entered the data for the 2020 Palisade and received a noticed that they did not fit the Palisade. I would double check before you purchase them. They are good looking rims.

They are custom order drill to specs. Talking with Butler Tire Alpha they actually prefer the SV-F2 DDT (double dark tint) version vs the gloss graphite, but they will fit. If you go to Audiocity they even show them as something that will fit but they show they won't fit b/c the size they may have in stock but when you order they get custom drilled to the bolt pattern.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep in mind that for the price of those wheels, you could likely buy a more reasonably priced set whose shape you like, powder coat them any color, and still come out ahead.
Also checked cost to get 22” rims powder coated here locally. I’m looking at about a grand. So in the end to get rims that are done vs price of lower rims and get powder coated I end up spending nearly the same. For a few hundred more it’s a lighter and more durable rim. 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Banned
673 Posts
My quote for Savinis were for a BMW. $3,700 included TPMS $250 for gen’ BMW parts and Pirelli R/F’s at $1,600 a set. I went with Lionheart 22” tires in 275/40/22 and 305/35/22 for $535 a set. They get good reviews and have a 30K mile warranty. Those sizes are the closest match (O.D.) you can get while still keeping some width.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Also checked cost to get 22” rims powder coated here locally. I’m looking at about a grand. So in the end to get rims that are done vs price of lower rims and get powder coated I end up spending nearly the same. For a few hundred more it’s a lighter and more durable rim. 🤷🏽‍♂️
That's pretty high for powder from what I have seen, but agreed if that's what the numbers are coming out to

·
Banned
673 Posts
Agreed on ‘high price’ for powder coating. My guy is $100 per wheel. He does amazing work. My CTS-V had the ZL1 blower lid, strut tower brace, brake calipers all done in anodized red. The wheels were cosmic grey with metal flake.

On the Z, he did my tow hook and paddle shifters (on a 7 speed they’re actually rev-match paddles. Can’t wait to unleash him on our X7.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m talking to Butler Tire out of Atlanta and Discount tire locally. So far it seems Butler Tire is cheaper but won’t know full numbers until tomorrow. They initially gave me a ridiculous low number and I would of jumped on it but I know once they realized they got a bad value I would of gotten a call that said they messed up and need to redo cost because it was like $200 less per wheel than anywhere and I said they misquoted but need to get all numbers tomorrow. But based on initial feedback they seem to be nearly $100 less per wheel than Discount Tire but need full cost shipped plus tires etc on them before I make my decision.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed on ‘high price’ for powder coating. My guy is $100 per wheel. He does amazing work. My CTS-V had the ZL1 blower lid, strut tower brace, brake calipers and done in anodized red. The wheels were cosmic grey with metal flake.

On the Z, he did my tow hook and paddle shifters (on a 7 speed they’re actually rev-match paddles. Can’t wait to unleash him on our X7.

Those wheels are what 18”? If so most places are around $125 for those but 22” rims they are around $175 for single stage. But a solid powder coat from what I’ve run into usually is a 2 or 3 stage setup which puts the wheel around $200 to $250/rim. So if I did a single depending on who I took it too it may be ok but I’ve run into issues when a single stage chips easier than 2 or 3 where they put more clear coats and additional stuff in to make the coating stronger. So I guess I could probably get away with about $650 to $750 for 4 wheels but size of wheel does make a big difference in cost.

·
Banned
673 Posts
19x10” F and 19x12” R. No difference in price for him, 16-22” rims are all the same. The powder is not expensive at all - around $20 to $30 for a set of 4 wheels. The prep is an acid dip, powder, hook, bake, wait. Only extra charge is for 2 piece and 3 piece rims that need to be disassembled. Those are a PITA for coasters. If your coater is telling you the price goes up 20-30% from 18’s to 22’s.....well he’s full of shi+. He may have $10 more in paint for all 4 wheels - but you may be in an area with no competition. I’m in car country and we have 5+ coaters, custom vinyl guys, window tinters......we definitely have a sweet spot for modders.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Probably the case. But almost all shops around here when you say 22” wheels they all say , “22 inch?!? Yeah that’s going to be roughly XXX dollars”. You would think in central Texas it wouldn’t be like that but maybe this guys are hurting for work and cost right now just has to go up because of it. Not sure but that’s what I’m seeing here when I mention the size as they all ask that first.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I get it. Powder is $10 a pound for these guys so even if you needed twice as much it’s $10. 2 and 3 piece wheels are a bear. I’ve never needed or wanted to do 2 or 3 step colors as all the anodized and candies can be done with single coats now (that wasn’t always the case). You will want to have them cleared, but they should already be including that In the price. If they try to charge you for clear on top of that price.....well they’re playing you for a sucker. Here’s my guys if you’re ever in NC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts