Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was fast. Thanks! Did you have to buy an installation kit, and if so, where did you get that?
The tint came with a squeegie, which honestly, for the palisade is likely enough to do the install.

You'll also want a razor blade to help clean the glass, spray bottle with soapy water to help position the film, and a heat gun (a hair dryer will likely work too) to help dry the film and work out any bubbles (you'll likely get a few fingers/bubbles across the bottom since the glass has a slight curve to it that the heat will take care of).

I watched a few YouTube videos before during the install, and convinced myself to get a few extra tools just in case to reach around the seals. I ended up getting this kit:
Ehdis 7 Pieces Vehicle Glass Protective Film Car Window Wrapping Tint Vinyl Installing Tool: Squeegees, Scrapers, Film Cutters Amazon.com: Ehdis 7 Pieces Vehicle Glass Protective Film Car Window Wrapping Tint Vinyl Installing Tool: Squeegees, Scrapers, Film Cutters: Automotive
But, it was actually pretty easy to slide the tint under the seals, so I don't think the extra tools helped much.

It was my first time tinting, so it took me 2 tries to get it right. The first try, I thought I could get away without using a heat gun / hair dryer and ended up with some bubbles I couldn't work out and ended up wrinkling the tint on the top rear corner. I had to peel it off and order a new set. The 2nd time, the heat did the trick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rears are still OEM stock, I think around 25%, since they're definitely darker than the 35 I put up front. I'm not planning to tint them any darker. I have a black interior, so the tint looks a bit darker than it probably would on the gray or ivory interiors.

How dark did you to match the rears? 25%?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I washed my Palisade yesterday with a new MTM foam Cannon and some Griot's Foaming Surface wash just to knock of some of the pollen that has been collecting on it. Didn't even need to touch the car as the foam did all of the work.

I have also had the windows tinted but that was done a week or two after buying the car. I got 35% Llumar Ceramic on the front side windows and then Clear Blue 80 ( I think it was 80 but may have been 70) on all the other windows plus the windshield. I was worried about the tint on the windshield effecting the HUD but it actually makes it work even better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I washed my Palisade yesterday with a new MTM foam Cannon and some Griot's Foaming Surface wash just to knock of some of the pollen that has been collecting on it. Didn't even need to touch the car as the foam did all of the work.

I have also had the windows tinted but that was done a week or two after buying the car. I got 35% Llumar Ceramic on the front side windows and then Clear Blue 80 ( I think it was 80 but may have been 70) on all the other windows plus the windshield. I was worried about the tint on the windshield effecting the HUD but it actually makes it work even better.
Pics. We like pics..?

·
Super Moderator
475 Posts
I just finished removing and cleaning my wheels cleaned all the brake dust from inside and put on a coat of wax. I will be looking for a low dust ceramic pads and change them out as i hate to clean brake dust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you find a good set of ceramics please post. I haven't found but then again I loved in November and there weren't many aftermarket parts available.

·
Super Moderator
475 Posts
If you find a good set of ceramics please post. I haven't found but then again I loved in November and there weren't many aftermarket parts available.
I have looked nothing yet but hopefully they will have so aftermarkets soon and i will let you know when i find some.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts